The Romford Dagger

Our best 11 in my opinion (assuming we get obileyes loan extended) is:

4-2-2-2

Cousins

Ogogo doe obileye Connors

Bingham Howell

Hines Yuseff

Murphy Cureton

Personally, i think our problems at right back can be solved by puttkng abu back there, even if he doesn't particularly like it there. Howell and bingham in the middle putting in 100% and winning all 50/50s. Yuseff and hines as wingers who come inside when we are defending and cureton and murphy pressuring the defenders when the other side has the ball.

This side may seem a bit too attacking bug this was make yuseff and hines have to come inside and be forced go work hard, which i believe they do anyway.

From the bench weve got hemmings, chambers, porter, labadie ans bojcard who could come on for our front 6. This is assuming that ayos loan is extended again and this lineup is generally for home games against average teams.

Our strength is in attack if used properly and murph with cureton loomed useful on saturday so add hines and yuseff and use ojr strength as best as we can. Them 4 together would score goals.

If we begin to get overru, put labadie in the middle for one of the front 4. Sorted.

Just my opinion
matt_drfc

4-2-2-2 you clearly play FIFA.

A simple 4-4-2 at home all the time. Of course it's dependent on the opposition, but I think we'd be alright with this side.

Cousins
Batt, Doe, Obileye, Connors
Hines, Ogogo, Bingham, Hemmings
Murphy, Cureton
ARNU

Cousins
Ogogo,Doe,Abileye,Connors
Hines Bingham Howell Hemmings
Cureton Murphy

Abs at right back till we get a good'un.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mike the Dagger

We should use the same selection policy for this as Wayne does which seems to start with putting all the names into a hat.
The Romford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:4-2-2-2 you clearly play FIFA.

A simple 4-4-2 at home all the time. Of course it's dependent on the opposition, but I think we'd be alright with this side.

Cousins
Murphy, Cureton

I'd be happy with 4-4-2 if yuseff can be turned into a left winger. He's gonna be a future star so we need to make most of him at daggers whilst he still is. Or him up front when we rest a striker.
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:4-2-2-2 you clearly play FIFA.

Cousins
Murphy, Cureton

I'd be happy with 4-4-2 if yuseff can be turned into a left winger. He's gonna be a future star so we need to make most of him at daggers whilst he still is. Or him up front when we rest a striker.
He's a striker, I wouldn't have him playing as a wide midfielder in a 4, if he's the right of a front 3 then that's alright.
bloke down the pub

Haven't got eleven but......Jess & Jan on the gate. The bloke that sells the programs in the car park. The lady in the tea bar in the shed. The bar maid upstairs.
matt_drfc

bloke down the pub wrote:Haven't got eleven but......Jess & Jan on the gate. The bloke that sells the programs in the car park. The lady in the tea bar in the shed. The bar maid upstairs.
Falling over with laughter...
The Romford Dagger

bloke down the pub wrote:Haven't got eleven but......Jess & Jan on the gate. The bloke that sells the programs in the car park. The lady in the tea bar in the shed. The bar maid upstairs.

Quality... very true as well, better than my selections
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Love the OP with 2 players out of position despite it being our best XI.

Cousins

Batt, Obileye, Doe, Widdowson
Hines if fit, Labadie, Ogogo if fit, Chambers
Cureton, Murphy
Mark

The thing which worries me is that even with everybody fit I don't think we have 11 players good enough to make a team. The full back options are shocking. You can plug it by picking Abu at right back but then you have a weaker midfield assuming Howell or Labadie.

Anyway fwiw

Cousins
Ogogo Doe Obileye Connors
Hines Howell Bingham Hemmings
Murphy Cureton
Lcbdagger

People still keep putting Abu at right back... what is the point in a 'best 11' thread when it includes options that will never happen in a month of Sunday's??

Also interesting to see that we have a mix of 442 and 433 but no option appears to go for the wing back scenario that looked good initially...

Personally I think if the Ayo and Doe stay in the middle at the back until May, the rest of the team can build around this... Connors will get some confidence when he doesn't worry an opposition team will score every time they attack, rest of the team will build confidence ahead of Cousins the more he pulls of world beating saves to keep us in tight games, Cureton will find his feet again when he is no longer the sole outlet for our goalscoring exploits and the midfield will start to battle more for places with everyone fit and nobody being certain of getting a start... for me, Abu, Bingham, Howell, Labadie and Boucard is a central five that most top half teams in League Two would be happy with.
matt_drfc

With Connors ever since he got that initial Ireland call up he just didn't seem like the same player, was awful even v Waltham Abbey in the ESC. But then on Boxing Day he tweeted "This boy got his focus back!" And since has had 2 quality games, so God knows why, but there must have been a reason for his poor form.
Lcbdagger

matt_drfc wrote:With Connors ever since he got that initial Ireland call up he just didn't seem like the same player, was awful even v Waltham Abbey in the ESC. But then on Boxing Day he tweeted "This boy got his focus back!" And since has had 2 quality games, so God knows why, but there must have been a reason for his poor form.
New lady?
Chigwellian

matt_drfc wrote:With Connors ever since he got that initial Ireland call up he just didn't seem like the same player, was awful even v Waltham Abbey in the ESC. But then on Boxing Day he tweeted "This boy got his focus back!" And since has had 2 quality games, so God knows why, but there must have been a reason for his poor form.
Questions should be asked if that's true.

Why was he playing when he wasn't focused
Why didn't the stooges didn't pick this up in training
Why didn't connors say he his mind wasn't on the job
Blah blah blah.....