What is our best 11 currently?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ThatRoundThing

Connors was played at left midfield for Ireland..... confused the lad.

Resisted the temptation to add more about his nationalality.
Diggerthedog

ThatRoundThing wrote:Connors was played at left midfield for Ireland..... confused the lad.

He is half Jamaican judging by his accent.
matt_drfc

Diggerthedog wrote:
ThatRoundThing wrote:Connors was played at left midfield for Ireland..... confused the lad.

He is half Jamaican judging by his accent.
:lol: :lol: :lol: got a good singing voice though!
The Romford Dagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote:Love the OP with 2 players out of position despite it being our best XI.

Cousins

Batt, Obileye, Doe, Widdowson
Hines if fit, Labadie, Ogogo if fit, Chambers
Cureton, Murphy

Only my opinion, chill...

As for abu i love the idea of abu at right back as we have midfielders but our main problem is right back. As he was originally a riht back, and a good one too, why not put him back there. As i said, with yudeff hed be more like a striker than a midfielder but out wide but when the opposition have the ball at the back, hed come inside and force them to play wide.
leewilson

If everybody is on song, then

-------------Cousins

Batt, Doe, Obileye, Widdowson

--------Ogogo----Bingham

Hemmings-----------------Hines

-----------Murphy---Cureton

Quite tough actually. I'm one of the few people that seemingly likes Batt. I think him and Hemmings down the same side works as they can both effectively switch as Hemmings is capable of defending whilst Batt's biggest asset is his forward play. Also, Connors at his best is a very talented player but I just feel when he plays a run of games that he gets targeted by the opposition and he's not yet sure enough to cope with strong wingers 1v1. The odd game here and there and he tends to play well as he's an unexpected starter and there's not a tactical plan in place on him.

Ogogo and Bingham is a no brainer for me. Bingham has been one of our best players this season to begin with whilst Ogogo's tenacity is unreplacable.

It was tricky to leave Chambers out as when he's at his best, he's very good. I just feel that he's better in the hole than out wide where he gets lost. And I'm not taking Murphy or Cureton out the team for him. Yussef is also very unlucky not to be in as I feel his style of play is a real hassle for defenders and can give his strike partner a little bit extra space to manoevre in.
Penfold

Not normally someone who posts and merely prefer hiding behind the logged out feature when reading the forum. How Batt features in people's teams I do not know. Saying that I feel the same about Jack Connors...

He really has taken the "how the hell does he get into this team" crown from Tony Scully and Jake Reed. There's a reason why Batt retired.... He wasn't wanted by anyone!

I'd play a 4-3-1-2 wing back formation.

GK: Cousins - single handedly kept us in games at times
RB: Partridge - always feel he'll turn into a Luke Wilkinson kind of player given a good run of games.
DC: Ayo - for a young lad, this boy is class. Yes he still makes mistakes but if he is playing like this now, how good will he be when he is older?!?
DC: Saah - gone for Brian instead of Scott. Height at the back.
LB: Widdowson - nobody better
CM: Labadie - having Abs and Boucard geeing Joss up could be quite interesting to see. I see a Dagenham version of Moussa Dembele in Joss
CM: Abs - the engine in the midfield.
CM: Boucard - The enforcer sitting in front of the back 4. I think we finally have a Stuart Thurgood mould player in Andrew
AM: Hemmings - Ash always looks like he can create things when coming in from the wing so give hi, a free role behind Jamie and Rhys.
2x CF: Rhys & Jamie - these 2 could potentially be a Dagenham version of SAS just not with surnames begging with S!

Criticism is expected...
"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there."

"You never realize what you have until it's gone. Toilet paper is a good example"
bearaab

You picked Saah. That's instantly made your team relegation fodder. How anyone can pick Saah over Doe is beyond me.
Adrian

For me

GK - Cousins - no brainer really
RB - Partridge - not much between him an Batt, both have areas which are a problem but Partridge might actually develop a bit
LB - Connors - no other option. I've seen Widdowson included, but unless I'm missing something his loan has expired. Maybe Hemmings, but then he's not really played an out and out left back.
CB - Doe - best defender we have by an absolute mile and enough pace to cover others.
CB - Obileye - a bit clumsy at times but still better than Saah.
CM - Ogogo
CM - Bingham
CM - Howell
LW - Murphy
CF - Cureton
RW - Hines - I'm torn between Hines and Yusseff. With Yusseff we know what we'll get, but Hines depends on which version turns up.

I'd prefer a 4-4-2, but would rather have Abs, Howell and Bingham than any of Porter, Chambers or Hemmings. I see the front 3 rotating a bit, especially Cureton and Murphy. They've both done it a bit before, albeit not in that 3.
Lcbdagger

Wasn't the 'height' factor what saw us playing Wilkinson and Saah in a few horrible performances last season? Ended with us letting go of a hugely talented young player! Saah really shouldn't be anywhere near the team as a 'best XI' if Batt is being debated...

Not convinced Connors and Hines works as a left side combination as Connors will get no defensive support and would get the run around against teams with strong wingers like Burton or Northampton

Decent team Adrian but would Murphy influence a game enough if played as a wide forward?

I think, in theory, we work best as a 442 but sorting out the two central midfielders would be a struggle... big fan of Abu but would personally like us to build a team around Bingham if he could stay fit for a season
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:For me

GK - Cousins - no brainer really
RB - Partridge - not much between him an Batt, both have areas which are a problem but Partridge might actually develop a bit
LB - Connors - no other option. I've seen Widdowson included, but unless I'm missing something his loan has expired. Maybe Hemmings, but then he's not really played an out and out left back.
CB - Doe - best defender we have by an absolute mile and enough pace to cover others.
CB - Obileye - a bit clumsy at times but still better than Saah.
CM - Ogogo
CM - Bingham
CM - Howell
LW - Murphy
CF - Cureton
RW - Hines - I'm torn between Hines and Yusseff. With Yusseff we know what we'll get, but Hines depends on which version turns up.

I'd prefer a 4-4-2, but would rather have Abs, Howell and Bingham than any of Porter, Chambers or Hemmings. I see the front 3 rotating a bit, especially Cureton and Murphy. They've both done it a bit before, albeit not in that 3.
Widdowson is signing permanently, will be announced soon.
Lcbdagger wrote:Not convinced Connors and Hines works as a left side combination as Connors will get no defensive support and would get the run around against teams with strong wingers like Burton or Northampton

Tbf Hines does work really hard defensively as well, worked well last season Hines + Connors or Femi.
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:Wasn't the 'height' factor what saw us playing Wilkinson and Saah in a few horrible performances last season? Ended with us letting go of a hugely talented young player! Saah really shouldn't be anywhere near the team as a 'best XI' if Batt is being debated...

Not convinced Connors and Hines works as a left side combination as Connors will get no defensive support and would get the run around against teams with strong wingers like Burton or Northampton

Decent team Adrian but would Murphy influence a game enough if played as a wide forward?

I think, in theory, we work best as a 442 but sorting out the two central midfielders would be a struggle... big fan of Abu but would personally like us to build a team around Bingham if he could stay fit for a season
I think Murphy would probably influence less out there, but he'd probably offer no less than Porter/Chambers/Hemmings, with the added benefit that he'd get in the box a lot when the ball was on the right.

In a 4-4-2 I'd have Abs and Bingham. Then Howell. Not sure who I'd have wide on the opposite side to Hines. I don't rate any of Porter, Chambers or Hemmings. Probably Hemmings of them 3.
Adrian

matt_drfc wrote:
So he isn't currently available for us then.
matt_drfc

Adrian wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
So he isn't currently available for us then.
Well neither is Ogogo if you want to be like that. But I was just letting you know as you said "unless I'm missing something"
The Romford Dagger

I was completely split beyween connors and widdowson but havent seen enough of widdowson to put him above connors who, IF we can get back playing like he was last season, is quite a good left back.

Widdowson seemed a good signing at the time but hes been average from what ive seen and i did my team on what ive seen in a dagenham shirt.

Also quite surprised noone has made a space for yuseff like i did... Albeit causing a fairly gun-ho formation
steeevooo

I'm a little bemused by all these inclusions of Hines so far - the guy suffered a near career ending injury last season... Whilst we all wish and seriously hope he can return the same player, we genuinely have no idea how he will be when he returns, even when fully fit. Or is that Wayne has told us that Zavon is the savour? (saying that, I seriously hope he is, otherwise we're in the shit atm...)