From the glory days...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote:
Q
Cheers for that Mike. Didn't know there was problems that day. Has there been any more trouble between different sets of fans since? Just wondering tbh?
There wasn't anything major, just the usual idiots that turn up at the big games not really caring about the game that much, looking for a bit of trouble, generally heard singing "bubbles" or some such nonsense. They accumulated at the Pondfield end of the Sieve to be as near the away end as possible and were obnoxious throughout. There was definitely a drink/cup/ plastic bottle (can't recall exactly what TBH) thrown at the lineo who stopped the game and reported it to the ref in that corner, and reports that coins were thrown into the Ipswich end which I never heard substantiated properly.

TBH 6,000 in Victoria Road is only possible if all areas of the ground get filled evenly, and we didn't manage to get that right at either of the big home cup matches. I'd hope we would do better now, but the chance of another match like those seems a long way off while we don't seem to take the cups very seriously. That is a big shame in my opinion, as you can't moan about being skint, then toss an opportunity away like we did in the FA Cup this season so lightly.

True, two non ,eague teamw in 1wt and 2nd round but couldnt even win the 1st round game. Waste of a seemingly good draw for us.
Dagger Steve

Mike the Dagger wrote: TBH 6,000 in Victoria Road is only possible if all areas of the ground get filled evenly, and we didn't manage to get that right at either of the big home cup matches. I'd hope we would do better now, but the chance of another match like those seems a long way off while we don't seem to take the cups very seriously. That is a big shame in my opinion, as you can't moan about being skint, then toss an opportunity away like we did in the FA Cup this season so lightly.

It was still a mess when 4500 turned up for the playoff semi. Loads of space in the sieve towards the front but just couldnt get to it, so was a bottleneck in the bury road corner.

Obviously had no similar situation since.