Let's not get too carried away

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

Dagger83 wrote:
Lcbdagger wrote:It's been said to death now, but the recent activities at the club have shown that there is a 0% chance of the manager leaving before the Summer... the only issues now are a) do we stay up and b) does he get a new contract in the summer...

If a) is Yes and b) is No, I will make do with that... my big concerns are that a) turns out to be a No or (less importantly obviously) b) is a Yes after we go on a mini run post february and end up about 12th-15th with the Board coming out in May telling us what a wonderful job the manager has done
I was going to ask this question on here. If we have a great run in the second half and finish comfortably top half, would people forgive the crap we have endured and concede that Burnett may not be as bad as we think and agree to his contract being extended?

If no, how high would we have to finish to agree with a new contract?
Nope, it's been too crap for too long. If the season ticket prices hadn't been slashed I wasn't going to renew after enduring the crap we had at home for most of last season. I have no real desire to renew for next season at the moment, regardless of price.
For me there is much more than just the league position that is the problem.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote: We will never chuck money at anything unless we want to be Hereford and all those before them, there promotion to League one cost them everything.

My bad,memory not what it used to be.Monty scored a late winner v Burton and again v Hereford I think.I was at both games.Nurse and Scott scored the goals at Darlo away that secured it.

We did fluke it though,that season was a bit up and down and we did have periods without a win.One game sticks out,Thurgood getting injured at home v Rochdale while we were winning then we lost 2-1.That finished him that injury although I did see him last season turn out for Thurrock against us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagger Steve

ARNU wrote:
We did fluke it though,that season was a bit up and down and we did have periods without a win.

Which pretty much applies to almost all teams in the playoffs not consistent enough for automatic.

Anyway we all know the only flukey finish we've had in recent memory was last season. Now that really was a cheeky one.