Atmosphere at games

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EastLDN

My god it is bad, first season ticket down at Victoria road and may be my last nothing to do with the football on show just the complete lack of any passion from every corner of the ground. I know the football hasn't given us much to cheer about but even the 4-2 win against Carlisle you could have heard a pin drop. People seem annoyed when i try to start a chant, i was shocked on boxing day when i think it was Porter was pushed by an opposing player down by the corner and no one even reacted. Every game has a training game atmosphere about it not a relegation battle, and why are people apologising for venting there opions about Burnett, people seem more fixated with not offending then actually showing any passion. I thought it was just the sanitised premier league grounds that lacked any atmosphere. In the words of Delia Smith 'Where are you!? Lets be havin you!?'
admin
Site Admin

Good post.

The atmosphere is poor at games and I often see fans of other teams claiming that we are one of the quietest teams in the league. But not many people seem interested in signing at games and it's very difficult to change that. I'd love to improve the atmosphere at games, but unfortunately I don't see that happening. It's not a dig at anyone, it's just the way I view it.
DI Mike Dashwood

I thought the last 20 minutes yesterday it was ok to be fair, and against Carlisle in the second half it was ok.

But generally it is quiet. Used to be more noise in the old Conf days with smaller crowds. Games against Donny, Hereford,, Woking, Shrewsbury all spring to mind as having a good atmosphere, even when not a crunch game in terms of league placings at the time.,
EastLDN

Unfortunately i think its a general demonization of football fans that as soon as you show any type of passion you are deemed as a hooligan, example being against Newport up in the TBS a fairly good atmosphere going best one i have witnessed up there this season, at half time start to make my way down to the bar and told no its closed to home fans today as there's been 'a bit of pointing between fans' no galatasary esq sign language but a bit of pointing. WHAT!!?? Get a bloody grip!
I think there maybe a few things that could help with the atmosphere, the singers should be located closer to the away fans that way you bounce off each other and in turn that ups the singing. Not to mention where the singers currently are next to that kiosk it bloody stinks and i don't know about anyone else but i end up going home like i have been rubbing those burgers over myself let alone just watching the football. Drummer lovely young lad but your in control of everything tempo, volume everything. Don't wait for the chants create them. There are quite a few young lads round there as well that are well up for a sing song, on that Friday night game they were egging each other on to sing but no one leading. Come on lads step it up, i personally feel the football ground is one of the last places you can scream and shout jump up and down for 90 minutes and not be judged. Well that's the way it should be anyway.
Chigwellian

Bring back the trumpeter .... One foot in the grave always made me chuckle
The Romford Dagger

EastLDN wrote:Unfortunately i think its a general demonization of football fans that as soon as you show any type of passion you are deemed as a hooligan, example being against Newport up in the TBS a fairly good atmosphere going best one i have witnessed up there this season, at half time start to make my way down to the bar and told no its closed to home fan

s today as there's been 'a bit of pointing between fans' no galatasary esq sign language but a bit of pointing. WHAT!!?? Get a bloody grip!
I think there maybe a few things that could help with the atmosphere, the singers should be located closer to the away fans that way you bounce off each other and in turn that ups the singing. Not to mention where the singers currently are next to that kiosk it bloody stinks and i don't know about anyone else but i end up going home like i have been rubbing those burgers over myself let alone just watching the football. Drummer lovely young lad but your in control of everything tempo, volume everything. Don't wait for the chants create them. There are quite a few young lads round there as well that are well up for a sing song, on that Friday night game they were egging each other on to sing but no one leading. Come on lads step it up, i personally feel the football ground is one of the last places you can scream and shout jump up and down for 90 minutes and not be judged. Well that's the way it should be anyway.

Agree with you about the atmosphere in the against Newport. I was in the tbs yesterday and tried my best with starting some chants whilst standing at back of stand towards end of game. As I'm 16 the problem is not many tend to join in so I chose to do it louder and got my mates to join in. Last few chants got about 40 people in.

Have decided that from now on in the the games I will go up the back and start some from right at the beginning. I found that the more I did it, the more people joined in.

I encourage you all to come up to the top (we were as close to the away fans as possible) bit for next tbs game to help me and my mates start some singing coz we can make an atmosphere of we wanted to. Let me know what you'd think?
dagger4eva

Was thinking about this, this morning and how fantastic the noise just 500 odd of us made at Southend.

So for our next game V Oxford why don't we try to replicate that!

Get EVERYONE who wants to sing and try get a real good atmosphere going, all make a real, concerted effort to congregate together in the third of the sieve towards the away stand.
Take the drum off the fella that currently "plays" it and give it to one of the lads that played it at Pikey-Land (there was at least a couple who did) - hopefully they would be equally as willing to play it at home on Saturday?

So come on, I know our performances are usually shite but the atmosphere doesnt HAVE to be if we dont want it too.....

It's a big ask I know, but it might, just might, energize our players into giving us the home performance we obviously all crave.

And if it should go pete tong (as will probably be the case) we will at least be together at the end in a large number to let Tommo know there are people that really arent happy!

So, who's in?
ARNU

dagger4eva wrote:Was thinking about this, this morning and how fantastic the noise just 500 odd of us made at Southend.

Get EVERYONE who wants to sing and try get a real good atmosphere going, all make a real, concerted effort to congregate together in the third of the sieve towards the away stand.
Take the drum off the fella that currently "plays" it and give it to one of the lads that played it at Pikey-Land (there was at least a couple who did) - hopefully they would be equally as willing to play it at home on Saturday?

So come on, I know our performances are usually shite but the atmosphere doesnt HAVE to be if we dont want it too.....

It's a big ask I know, but it might, just might, energize our players into giving us the home performance we obviously all crave.

And if it should go pete tong (as will probably be the case) we will at least be together at the end in a large number to let Tommo know there are people that really arent happy!

So, who's in?
Good luck with that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Was thinking about this, this morning and how fantastic the noise just 500 odd of us made at Southend.

So, who's in?

I'm up for it but can't see it happening myself... Live in hope though
Diggerthedog

The Romford Dagger wrote:

So, who's in?

I'm up for it but can't see it happening myself... Live in hope though
Is this still happening?
dagger4eva

I guess it needs to be co-ordinated over twitter rather than on here (havent had the time)

Don't think many of the usual, away fan singers and noise makers inhabit this forum!
The Romford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:I guess it needs to be co-ordinated over twitter rather than on here (havent had the time)

Don't think many of the usual, away fan singers and noise makers inhabit this forum!
If anything is sorted ill sing as pr usual but doubt anything will get sorted.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The Wayne Burnett appreciation Society will of course like to lend it's support to this worthwhile cause. .
ChazmanQ

Hopefully the atmosphere will be good from the start tomorrow. Really think we play a massive part. If it goes flat early doors then the game just drifts by

But if we are on it from the off and the players sense that then we may see a positive result at the end of the game

Oh..... and please leave the Burnett Out banner at home. Negativity is not helpful
EastLDN

What the hell happened to this? A bit of singing with 10 mins to go other than this atmos was dog shit as usual, something needs to be coordinated as said above and quick. The ones that are in the know can we get something sorted for Cheltenham at home, saw a couple of lads in today obviously for the first time and they were taking the piss out of how bad the atmosphere was and to be fair they had a point.