Obileye

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

So has he gone back to Charlton now ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Hope so, looking forward to getting Saah back in the team.
Kevin

IanC

7th may would have been better!
bearaab

Really disappointed Saah has to stay on the bench.
Lcbdagger

Is he on a Youth Loan? If so it would mean (I assume) that we can extend beyond the maximum 3 months or 90 days
SUSSEX DAGGER

The Boy is a future Captain and a born Leader, sadly I don't think it will be here. Perhaps his confidence is infectious because Jack has looked much better last two games and Matt Partridge has done well, sadly his lack of pace is always going to against him as a right back but he has put in two very good shifts lately.

That's two clean sheets in a row now against good teams with 3/4 of a defence made up of players who have not had a seasons worth of games between them, not that I expect anybody to comment on anything positive these days.
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:The Boy is a future Captain and a born Leader, sadly I don't think it will be here. Perhaps his confidence is infectious because Jack has looked much better last two games and Matt Partridge has done well, sadly his lack of pace is always going to against him as a right back but he has put in two very good shifts lately.

That's two clean sheets in a row now against good teams with 3/4 of a defence made up of players who have not had a seasons worth of games between them, not that I expect anybody to comment on anything positive these days.
The performances have been better but the problem is that we are not keeping clean sheets due to us holding teams off, but because we are blocking shots on the line, seeing opposition sides hit the woodwork, miss one yard sitters or hitting Cousins every time they have a shot... I don't see how Cousins can perform his heroics in every single game until may to keep in matches like Bury that we should, by all accounts, be losing.

Partridge is a conundrum as he likes to get forward obviously but must be aware that pace is not his strong suit... if he can work on his positioning then he will be a more than decent RB at this level... if we were a top half team i'm sure Batt would be looking good for us but we don't need a man at RB this season that can get forward but looks a liability when defending.

Not knocking the defence at all but if you look at Tranmere, as an example and Bury... Tranmere have one shot against us and win the game because it's a 30 yarder off the post that Cousins himself thought he may have stopped while Bury have shots galore and lose 1-0 because they can't get past an inspired keeper and a defensive unit that blocked shots as if their own family members were on the goal line waiting to get hit by the ball... more of that courage mixed in with a bit of luck and we are a good unit.

I worry whenever we play a team with decent wingers but not certain we can eradicate that with the current squad as the players know their own limitations