Thommo talking out his arse

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

SteveW wrote:I'm not Thommo, but I have cottoned on to how totally one dimensional you are.
To be fair he has two dimensions. It wasn't that long ago that he was one of the posters that would jump on any anti-Burnett post he thought Id made.
Now he's more anti-Burnett than I've ever been.
Diggerthedog

Adrian wrote:
SteveW wrote:I'm not Thommo, but I have cottoned on to how totally one dimensional you are.
To be fair he has two dimensions. It wasn't that long ago that he was one of the posters that would jump on any anti-Burnett post he thought Id made.
Oh look Adrian has found a friend who takes offence to my posts to, can picture the broke back mountain scenes already.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Oh look Adrian has found a friend who takes offence to my posts to, can picture the broke back mountain scenes already.
If I was you I'd keep the things you're picturing to yourself.
It was worrying enough when you had that weird hat fetish involving me. Imagining me in broke back mountain scenes is just getting creepy.

As you think you know me, why not just ask me out? Or are you worried about getting your heart broken when I reject you?
daggersjeff

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Absolutely right SteveW. What do people want him to say about the whole thing?? Whatever he says he will be criticised, he is in a no win situation.

The fact the bloke still walks round the ground to chat to people is a sign of what a Top Man Steve is. It wouldn't happen at any other club and is the sort of thing which sets our club apart from many others. He knows the score as well, even if he doesn't say it publicly. He got a bit of stick/banter from the regulars in our part of the ground, but laughed it all off as Steve does.

People may not agree with everything he does, but Steve has the Club at heart more than anyone I assure you. Those who want him out, I would warn again...........careful what you wish for!!

Sorry Mike

Top man he is not!!!

He is in this......and always has been.... for personal gain!!!

Of course he wants to see us bouncing tween league 1 and 22nd place in league two...if we weren't he'd be down the road with the rest of em

Come on!! we are better than this!! get the money monkeys off our backs, get players in who want the club, not the paycheck!!!

we don't expect to be premiership...but ffs!! lets have some pride!!
Diggerthedog

Cry me a river broke back,You're the one replying to all my messages every time I post and I'm the creepy one? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:Cry me a river broke back,You're the one replying to all my messages every time I post and I'm the creepy one? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hmm, which is creepier?

Occasionally replying to a poster on an internet forum

or

Picturing someone in scenes from a film about a relationship between two men

Come on sweetheart, you need to move on. I'm not interested and exaggerating how often I reply to you isn't going to help you move on.
ARNU

Far be it for me to stick up for Adrian,but as a neutral it has to be said,Digger this is all making you look a bit suspect.I have a few admirers myself who fancy me from a position of anonymity(well they think so anyway)yet they never proclaim their feelings to me in person.Oh how I weep :lol:
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

Daggersjeff, just out of curiosity, what "personal gain" is Steve Thompson getting from his involvement with the Club and any success the Club may have??

I am not sure running a football league club without a sugar daddy on crowds of around 2,000 leads to much personal gain, but maybe I am missing something??
Dagdale

Other than the odd sentence and an occasionally Hi, hardly know the man Steve Thompson but as I'd like to think as a fairly decent fan of this club and experienced enough of watching and picking up points on Football league clubs relationships with fans, I do and always will take my hat off to Thommo for his decency to 'no matter how the going get's tough' to ALWAYS come on the terraces and TALK with the real fans. People should recognise how lucky we are on that avenue, because all above us especially in the money rich Leagues hardly ever saw that side of action.
Woodford Dagger

The sooner he's burned at the stake the better. Witchcraft musn't be accepted in the 21st century.
bearaab

Great comment.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Does anybody really think that the Chief Executive is going to tell the disgruntled fans that he agrees with them and he really thinks the Manager is an absolute tool.

Sometimes I really do question the naivety of some People.

When I made comments after Stevenage about the attitude of the Players I was told that the Manager picks the Players. Well if you accept that then it surely follows that you have to ask who picked the Manager. When you found the answer to that don't expect the very Person you identify to say anything less then what he did on Saturday.

I listened to the conversation that started this thread and as always it has been taken out of context, Nothing in the post refers to the comments he made about how some People told him the year we won the Confrence " lets enjoy it why it lasts because we are only going to be here one season " 9 years on we are still there.

Steve Thompson in my opinion was honest and sincere in what he was saying. It was perhaps foolish to suggest that he has not heard any supporter be critical of the Manager when a banner was there for all to see and the Manager he is supporting makes comments in a pre match interview about a minority who expressed their views once again after the Southend game. It makes it even more foolish when a Player makes comments about the stick the Manager has been getting in a post match interview like Rhys has today.

Like him or loath him lets give the bloke some credit for at least having the bollocks to face the music. Sounds to me People don't like what they hear which only amounts to the awfull truth.
dagger4eva

Of course he deserves credit for doing his rounds come rain or shine but I really doubts even he expects to be able to walk round the ground without getting a bit of stick when we were sitting in the relegation zone, having not scored in an eternity.

The comment about not knowing anyone who wanted WB out was laughable though, as was his elf n safety reason for the shitty banner being confiscated.

Funny enough, its being quoted that AFC wimbledon currently have a wage budget of 1.2m ..... apparantly puttting them mid-range of budgets in League 2. For us to be bottom therefore id guess we would have to be substantially sub- 1M - and I always thought we were around the 1M mark!
So, even if we are THE lowest, there must literally be relative peanuts in it!
Just thought id point this out as u would be otherwise led to believe our budget wouldnt be enough to compete in the Essex Senior League!
Lcbdagger

The budget per we wouldn't be an issue for me if we weren't told the highest paid players included guys like Batt... Even on a small budget you can be sensible where you spend your money and that will be an important issue for next season... Wimbledon aren't rich but Akinfenwa and Tubbs were always going to be steals at league two level so the players are there for trans like us
bloke down the pub

Gate money is only part of our income. Bad management is our problem on and off the field