Bury

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Masked Man

Mike the Dagger wrote:
On the plus side, no Saah makes a big difference
Ok, so we've established that Saah is the weak link in the defence.

Here's a tip for you, Wayne, let's do the same with the midfield now.... A half fit Hines trumps a fully fit Hemmings anyday. I though he looked bright and fast up until the Portsmouth games, I now see Sunday league players regularly put in a better shift!! :oops:
NickMurphy

Can't be a coincidence that we drop Saah and pick up 4 points along with two clean sheets. Never been his biggest fan anyway, and the partnership of Doey and Ayo has great potential, just hope we extend his loan.
Richie

Masked Man wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

Here's a tip for you, Wayne, let's do the same with the midfield now.... A half fit Hines trumps a fully fit Hemmings anyday. I though he looked bright and fast up until the Portsmouth games, I now see Sunday league players regularly put in a better shift!! :oops:
Hemmings is better than Chambers IMO - If all were fully fit I'd play Hines/Porter out wide
Adrian

Masked Man wrote:
Mike the Dagger wrote:

I'd been saying we need to drop Saah since the beginning of the season. Every defender except him had been dropped with no change in our defensive capability.

Hemmings is ok, he at least tries to get back occassionaly. Chambers is just getting worse and worse - some of his passes yesterday were shocking.
matt_drfc

If all are fit and we continue 4-4-2 I wouldn't mind Hines and Hemmings on the wings.. I'd say Cousins, Doe, Bingham, Ogogo, Hines, Murphy and Cureton are the certainties. If Obileye stays then add him to that list. Then it's between Partridge and Batt at RB, Connors and Widdowson at LB and Hemmings/Chambers or Porter for the other wing spot.
Masked Man

I'm not anyone would wildly disagree with the line up above.
Mark

Hemmings put a far better shift in than Chambers.
DI Mike Dashwood

I thin Chambers always puts in a shift, it is just after the first 20 minutes of every game he seems to struggle to have any influence on the game.

I don't know the stats, but I can hardly remember an assist or goal from him all season.

He never hides mind, he is one of the only people who wants to get on the ball when we have a throw for instance, and I think he works hard, but as I say, his end product is rarely up to it.
Mark

He does get on the ball more than Hemmings and goes looking for it. But as you say his end product is poor. Also going back the other way his efforts seem token to me. He gets back but with no real conviction. People drift past him without even needing a trick. I expect him to at least make it difficult, get closer and try to get a toe on the ball.
matt_drfc

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I thin Chambers always puts in a shift, it is just after the first 20 minutes of every game he seems to struggle to have any influence on the game.

I don't know the stats, but I can hardly remember an assist or goal from him all season.

He never hides mind, he is one of the only people who wants to get on the ball when we have a throw for instance, and I think he works hard, but as I say, his end product is rarely up to it.
From the Assists thread:
leewilson wrote:Cureton - 7
Chambers - 6
Hemmings - 5
Porter - 3
Yussef - 3
Batt - 3
Howell - 1
Obelaye - 1
Bingham - 1

At last, a chance to update this. Billy gets on the board.