Dagenham and Beyond

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

admin wrote:You are aware ARNU, that Matt Hardy is actually me and Matt_drfc is a completely different person
Now Im confused ? Who are you then ? Admin ????
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
admin
Site Admin

The admin (me) is Matt Hardy

Matt_DRFC is someone completely different.

I don't have a seperate user name, I tend to just post as "Admin"
matt_drfc

:D
ARNU

admin wrote:The admin (me) is Matt Hardy

Matt_DRFC is someone completely different.

I don't have a seperate user name, I tend to just post as "Admin"

I will cancel the lorry full of horse shit that was en route to your address then.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

So Bognor is your part of Sussex then??

Used to spend a lot of time in Bognor as a kid. My Grandparents lived in Chichester, and we used to spend a lot of the summer holidays down there and we used to go to Bognor loads. Hours on the 2p slot machines on the front of the pier and then lunch in the cafe at the Regis Centre or the Wimpy at the top of the shopping arcade. Good memories.

Me and Dad also used to pop and watch Bognor if they were playing one of the teams from up here while we were there. Saw them play Barking, Grays, Leyton Wingate etc over the Years.

Also used to be a Unijet Sussex League side right next to my Grandparents flat, called Portfield so we used to pop over there. They knocked Bognor out of the Sussex Senior Cup one evening game (when Bognor were a good side) and it was the biggest thing in Portfield's history ha ha.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll thanks Mike for making People aware there is more to Bognor the Butlins.
That said should be grateful because since Lec refrigeration left town they keep the Town going.They have invested heavily in Bognor recently now where there use to be Hi de hi sort of Chalets they have stuck up three impressive hotels.

Rolls Royce also are expanding their operations from Goodwood next year so the Town is on the up investment wise.

I only live 50 yards from the arcade to which you refer.

Often pop over to watch Bognor Games midweek but Pagham in the County League is the local Club we are close to as both my sons have played there.0
Blackie645

Sussex me and you only ones sticking up for Burnett.
I live in Rainham Rd South all my life Daggers born and bread, first saw game with my dad, 1967, Ian Hutley, Neville Fox. Supporter ever since. My sister lives in my sister lives in Aldwick go to Bognor at least twice a month! I am a friend of Bognor Pier love the place, although could do with a little regeneration,
DI Mike Dashwood

As I say, have great memories of Bognor as a kid. The Park/Square opposite the pier used to have the huge slides in it, a crazy golf course and I even enjoyed watching the old boys play a game of bowls!!! And then there was a Park out the back of town with a putting green and some other attractions.
Last time I went there was actually to Butlins for my Stag Do 5 years ago!!!

Never saw Pagham in the games at Portfield. I can't remember a lot of the other teams in the league then, although I think Portfield themselves have now merged with Chichester City (or United) who played near the old Festival Theatre in the town.

Nice part of the world to live in mate. The areas round Goodwood are all very nice, and my Nan was in a home in Selsey in her last few years which was a nice little town (although not much there).
matt_drfc

Got a mate who lives in Bognor, near West Meads I think it's called?
BeeDog

Well I thought I was going to win some sort of prize, as I come from Swansea - until Daggyjack beat me to it. My dad moved to Dagenham in 1973, so Daggers are one of the teams where I've always kept an eye on results, whenever possible. I've been coming to games, on and off, since I moved up here myself 12 years ago.

I've also worked in Butlins Bognor, if that helps? :lol:
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:Got a mate who lives in Bognor, near West Meads I think it's called?
That's were Matt lives Matt . The square were they play bowls Mike is Waterloo Square and the Gardens Are the Steyne Gardens. The Park is Hotham Park name after Sir Richard Hotham who founded the place. Not far along from Waterloo Square is The Royal Norfolf Hotel were King George 5th use to holiday. When he was ill they advised him to come for a holiday and that is when he was alleged to have said Bugger Bognor. Sometimes I think it has been
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:Got a mate who lives in Bognor, near West Meads I think it's called?
That's were Matt lives Matt . The square were they play bowls Mike is Waterloo Square and the Gardens Are the Steyne Gardens. The Park is Hotham Park name after Sir Richard Hotham who founded the place. Not far along from Waterloo Square is The Royal Norfolf Hotel were King George 5th use to holiday. When he was ill they advised him to come for a holiday and that is when he was alleged to have said Bugger Bognor. Sometimes I think it has been
Yeah I think I played football against him quite a few years ago when I stayed down there for a week.
Woodford Dagger

matt_drfc wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Yeah I think I played football against him quite a few years ago when I stayed down there for a week.
This ain't friends reunited lads take it to DMs