Dagenham and Beyond

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Daggyjack

Born in South London, worked in London until 1993 when I moved to South Wales.
Supported Swansea City as a boy and still do but also followed Redbridge Forest as they played on a Monday night and I used to go straight from work in Liverpool Street to Victoria Road.
Been supporting ever since but only manage two or three matches a season.
My Welsh Daggers flag was used on a number of occasions by Robbo including on the pitch at Wembley after our win.
DaggerSince92

Born in Hackney, raised in Tottenham.
ARNU

DaggerSince92 wrote:Born in Hackney, raised in Tottenham.

My Mrs is from Tottenham,spent many a day and night over there visiting her family.Had to evacuate her grandparents on the night of the Broadwater farm riots.They relocated to Northumberland park area near the football ground shortly after.They're now dead so don't get over there much any more,which I cant say is too much of a great loss.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:

My Mrs is from Tottenham,spent many a day and night over there visiting her family.Had to evacuate her grandparents on the night of the Broadwater farm riots.They relocated to Northumberland park area near the football ground shortly after.They're now dead so don't get over there much any more,which I cant say is too much of a great loss.

Ahhhhh :lol: he's from Dagenham ArNugentinho
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:

Ahhhhh :lol: he's from Dagenham ArNugentinho
Are you getting off on putting my name up here every post Matt Hardy ? Its no secret who I am.Rather ****** the point of having an alias though.One little IP address search we could do actual addresses.
Ring me if you want 01708 503838.
IanC

Christ i feel for ya.
matt_drfc

ARNU, IT'S JUST BANTER. I'M SORRY.
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:ARNU, IT'S JUST BANTER. I'M SORRY.
I think you'll find my parents named me after people dear to their heart rather than lets ****** him up with a name that could be used as banter.

Did you phone ? :lol:
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
I think you'll find my parents named me after people dear to their heart rather than lets ****** him up with a name that could be used as banter.

I don't actually know your first name, unless it's ARNU, but I don't think it is. And I did but the geezer told me it was an Indian takeaway....
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:

I don't actually know your first name, unless it's ARNU, but I don't think it is. And I did but the geezer told me it was an Indian takeaway....
It was Romford VD clinic LOL!!

Arnu is made up of my initials and the 1st 2 letters in my surname.I was allocated a works email address,probably 25 years ago, Arnu@so andso.com.The nickname sort of stuck.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Out of curiosity Sussex, had did you end up following D and R?? While I have never lived in Dagenham or Redbridge, the ground is only 7 miles down the road, and when I started watching Red Forest, they were the nearest side playing on a National Level, so it kind of has some logic.

Great you do follow the club, more than most in terms of games you go to as well, just interested how it started??
We'll People think I am strange and get things arse about face but it was my Son. Used to work in London on secondment and lived for a while in the area. Went to the odd game with a mate who was a long time supporter,mostly midweek games for something to do.

When I went back to Bognor I had my son to stay one weekend and he was playing football Manager. Not being much of a computer whizz kid he explained the game he was playing and how he was Manager at DAGENHAM AND REDBRIDGE. He had picked them because the first game he ever saw was Bognor and DAGENHAM . When I told him that I use to watch the odd DAGENHAM game he asked if I woe take him so I did and he loved it.

It had been many years since I went to football on a regular basis fell out of love with it but his interest rekindle it for me and as he got older we came more and more often.

So the truth is that most Sons follow their dad's team with me it was the other way round.

Always seemed a friendly bunch at The Daggers and as he got older he wanted to go more and more.
So what started off as the odd game turned into something else and it was all down to my Son really.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:
ARNU wrote:I think you'll find my parents named me after people dear to their heart rather than lets ****** him up with a name that could be used as banter.

It was Romford VD clinic LOL!!

Arnu is made up of my initials and the 1st 2 letters in my surname.I was allocated a works email address,probably 25 years ago, Arnu@so andso.com.The nickname sort of stuck.

:lol: I knew it weren't your number and that makes sense. Anthony could be your first name...
ARNU

I was christened Anthony.Apart from my mum and various members of her majesty's police force and judiciary in court nobody ever refers to me as Anthony.Always been known as Tony.I don't mind Anthony,just wouldn't immediately respond to it as it feels like someone elses name.
matt_drfc

ARNU wrote:I was christened Anthony.Apart from my mum and various members of her majesty's police force and judiciary in court nobody ever refers to me as Anthony.Always been known as Tony.I don't mind Anthony,just wouldn't immediately respond to it as it feels like someone elses name.
It's been nice meeting you Tony :D
admin
Site Admin

You are aware ARNU, that Matt Hardy is actually me and Matt_drfc is a completely different person