Dagenham and Beyond

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

Out of curiosity Sussex, had did you end up following D and R?? While I have never lived in Dagenham or Redbridge, the ground is only 7 miles down the road, and when I started watching Red Forest, they were the nearest side playing on a National Level, so it kind of has some logic.

Great you do follow the club, more than most in terms of games you go to as well, just interested how it started??
Dagger Steve

Started life in Chadwell Heath, grew up in Collier Row, now reside in Basildon.

I get the feeling that a fairly high percentage of our support do not live in Dagenham?
dagger4eva

Born n bred in Dagenham

Moved to Hornchurch in August, best thing ever did !!
IanC

Born and bred in Bethnal green,moved to the nam in late 80's when it was still lovely and felt like living in the countryside coming from the east end.My visits to Vicky road started then with REd Forest,mainly starting with midweek games as I was still playing myself.Never watched Dagenham,but I had kinda followed stilly as I used to go over granleigh rd to watch leytonstone ilford when I was still in Bethnal green.Been in Emerson park now for last 9 years where my love affair with daggers has continued and WILL continue week in week out.Back to the locality of fans I would prob think 50/50 now,the locals don't seem interested these days,pretty much everyone apart from me mucked we go with live outside the nam.While I'm here happy new year to you all,onwards and upwards hopefully.Wow Peter Taylor sacked while I write mmm.
Mike the Dagger

Originally from South Hornchurch (yeah ok, Rainham), Now a Basildon boy.

Dagger since age 13, which makes it 40 years.
Chigwellian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:SUSSEX Born SUSSEX Bread.

However I was conceived in the Back of a Cortina built in DAGENHAM.
Too much info ... Especially over my cream tea :)
NickMurphy

Live in Dagenham but outposted in Norwich for most of the football season at the moment due to Uni.
Mikins

Stepney green myself, but all of my family hail from one house on becontree avenue so I spent all of my summer's in and around the 'nam
Sorry about your damn luck!
ThatRoundThing

Lived most of my life in and around Basildon, moved to Thurrock over 5 yrs ago. Went to see GRAYS when they had a ground in the centre. The team were hopeless against Justin Edinburgh's Rushden and Diamonds.
The following week came to watch Daggers, been coming ever since.
Mark

Born in dagenham grew up in romford live in basingstoke. Home games like an away game.
Dagdale

Its quite safe to say it seems for a small lower League club D & R do quite well from supporters in suburbs and counties, known for ages that local support especially considering how big an area the Barking, Dagenham & Romford areas are in need to rally in more. I think we had a thread up on here a few months back about advertising on main line areas and what else we could all do, but often I leave the club house an hour or so after games and always seems to be a function more often and not local being set up in the hall for the evening, club must be trying I think in this department, people going in must think should wander over here sometime? Of course its a results business and our feet are firmly tide back at the moment, although even playing League One football it wasn't overflowing. Funny enough I like supporting a club where you get to know fans so much easier as were small numbers establishment and more on show, but it just seems hard work dragging 'in potential newbies' to Vic Road or beyond when our club lacks drive and marketing.
Lcbdagger

Bethnal Green, via Barking to Dagenham
FullMetalDagger

Born in the now demolished Rush Green hospital.
Lived in Havering Atte Bower till about 9 then moves to Barking.

Lived there ever since.
Auntie Merge

FullMetalDagger wrote:Born in the now demolished Rush Green hospital.
Lived in Havering Atte Bower till about 9 then moves to Barking.

Lived there ever since.
I was almost born at Rush Green Hospital but they sent my mum home as they thought it was a false alarm. As soon as she got home, I was on my way!
matt_drfc

I was born in Rush Green Hospital as well, one of the last before it closed.