Dagenham and Beyond

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Following my previous post regarding how many Redbridge Forest fans still attend games. I was wondering how may fans who attend games do not live in Dagenham. As I feel if the club is to grow/survive attracting fans from outside Dagenham is important.
matt_drfc

Yeah I do
admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately I live near Southend but I originally lived in Dagenham, hence why I choose to support Dagenham. However I don't think we attract too many fans who don't have some form of connection to the area.
Auntie Merge

I currently live in Redbridge, born and bred there, but I'm planning to move to North London in the next 12-18 months.
DI Mike Dashwood

Obviously I am based in Sunhill most of the time.............no really, I have never lived in Dagenham. Have lived all my life in Upminster apart from a three year secondment to South Woodham Ferrers which was a bit of a trek home on the train after games, especially in Jan and Feb!!!
ARNU

Born in Barking,used to live in Becontree Ave.Not a million miles away from young Dashwood these days.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Londoner through and through but the old man like trillions in and around the Beatles era moved the family out to 'the new towns commission' Welwyn/Hatfield way, never wanted out but like many at my Herts secondary school nearly all of us from mainly North London estates like Tottenham/Edmonton/Enfield and funny enough quite a few from Dagenham too and of course Iron's fans. We had the blessing of only about 40 minutes from fortress Highbury so always rowing with them and the Lilywhites. Never really knew one dagger till my first game in late 2006 down at the Vic, before till 2000 running for years down in the Shed, but became totally fed up when it became premiership, foreign legion and megabucks and even though its been a hard ride of late wouldn't swap this club for the world.
matt_drfc

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Obviously I am based in Sunhill most of the time.............no really, I have never lived in Dagenham. Have lived all my life in Upminster apart from a three year secondment to South Woodham Ferrers which was a bit of a trek home on the train after games, especially in Jan and Feb!!!
Can I join The Bill fan club?
DI Mike Dashwood

Absolutely. There are number of characters left to be claimed. Tosh Lyons is on here sometimes, as are Beech and Burnside, but loads of others left. It has to be CID though. So maybe DI Meadows or the legend that was Ted Roache??
dagger4eva

Surely everyones fav was good old Reg Hollis :D
DI Mike Dashwood

Interestingly it is a little known Bill fact that back in it's heyday PC Tony Stamp used to get more fan mail than anyone else on the show!!!!
The Romford Dagger

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Interestingly it is a little known Bill fact that back in it's heyday PC Tony Stamp used to get more fan mail than anyone else on the show!!!!

Used the word 'interestingly' loosely there
matt_drfc

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Absolutely. There are number of characters left to be claimed. Tosh Lyons is on here sometimes, as are Beech and Burnside, but loads of others left. It has to be CID though. So maybe DI Meadows or the legend that was Ted Roache??
Mickey Webb was apparently from Romford, so I'll go with him. I liked his determination in the story that led to Chandler shooting himself. Yeah I like The Bill haha :D
hockley dagger

Unfortunately i live near pikeyland aswel but most my family is from Barking/Dagebham/Popular
SUSSEX DAGGER

SUSSEX Born SUSSEX Bread.

However I was conceived in the Back of a Cortina built in DAGENHAM.