will burnett get sacked...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

What happened to the previous thread?

Did Warren threaten to batter someone if it wasnt removed?? :p
DI Mike Dashwood

So nobody going to answer this one then??
Dagdale

Don't really know but news floating around at Roots Hall the voting's getting tight from above, I know you have to see things from all angles but as a guy and meeting him a few times seems a good guy and listens well, there's probably nearly all of us would love to HAVE and hopefully he CAN still turn this around, the new year could turn out ten times tougher than the season before last and that was painful enough, BUT in some bouts the team are getting it together well and we're only going to succeed with that ball in the back of the net more times than of recent, simply, we've messed up big time on games especially on lower sides and at home and it should never had happened, four months one week left, we gotta start doing it NOW.
Kevin

Dagdale wrote:.. BUT in some bouts the team are getting it together well..
Other than managing to get out on the pitch with their shirts on the right way round, I'm currently missing quite what the team are "getting together well".
DI Mike Dashwood

My question was more based on why the original thread had been taken off, as D4E had raised at the top of this one??
redboy

Very strange indeed, are powerful forces editing our very own forum.

The transfer window opens tomorrow. If WB is allowed to bring in players, that for me confirms that the board will not sack him. He should have gone weeks ago, that would have given a new person some time to assess the squad and then do some tinkering in January. I'm sorry if to the board (who are obviously reading this!) this seems too simple, but it is really, no honest.
dagger4eva

Im sure there is a valid reason.. perhaps "admin" is too busy organising is Burnett out banner ;)

Meanwhile, at Pikey-Land Mark II, Gillingham have sacked Peter Taylor.

This is the same Gillingham that currently sit just OUTSIDE the relegation places ... having won 3 games and scoring 8 goals during December.

*tumbleweed slowly rolls through the Dagenham & Redbridge car park*
Kevin

To be fair to Peter Taylor - and to any of their previous managers - the Gillingham chairman is a bit of a fruit cake..complete with Brick Top specs 'n all. :?

Burnett should have been sacked after being knocked out of the cup by Southport.

Personally (and it's just my opinion) I don't think they should've given him a contract after we only stayed up due to Barnet being slightly worse than us. He certainly did nothing to justify earning a 2yr deal.

WB has had plenty of time to show that he "can do it". Sadly, the majority of the time, he has displayed a real lack of managerial ability..with the rare positive performances being extremely occasional exceptions to the rule :(
ARNU

I don't think they'll renew his contract.They wont sack him.Because of this I still thinks he has a chance to put things right.12 points from the next 5 games and Im quite sure he will be headhunted by other fickle clubs.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

I hope you're being sarcastic but I don't think you are.
dagger4eva

Having a final lazy day off work thought id listen to the 1st 5 mins of 'that' interview of 23rd Nov again.

Its 4 mins in where he turns all smug and says the following:

"In July I had a board meeting with all the board members and I asked them all for their expectations. Every board member bar none said it was to remain in the football league. So my remit was to stay in the football league, and at the moment im doing that. And can I ask u a question? Since ive been here, have we ever been in the bottom two?"

Stu nervously replies "no". And wayne replies "did I mention we have the smallest budget in the league"

Those carlisle and bury wins prompted a win-less, goal-less December & delayed what should have happened weeks earlier.
Whilst we are obviously in dire need of points, I fear a win tomorrow would just be more detrimental to our chances in the longer term. Anyone else agree?
Chigwellian

yes.. I think he is only looking at his monthly wage, and not thinking of the wider picture, of condemning this once proud club to relegation with a wimper.

I cant understand for the life of me why we cant oust the current dead wood, that includes Steve Thompson to the scrapheap.

Can anyone tell me how I can get onto the board?
Dagdale

'can anyone tell me how I can get on the board', certainly if you have bucket loads of cash and are prepared to give and take a bit I'm sure your be listened too. I've often thought especially in this awful season if I won big on the lottery I'd certainly like to dip in and help the club I love. but how would I go about it?
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:Having a final lazy day off work thought id listen to the 1st 5 mins of 'that' interview of 23rd Nov again.

Its 4 mins in where he turns all smug and says the following:

"In July I had a board meeting with all the board members and I asked them all for their expectations. Every board member bar none said it was to remain in the football league. So my remit was to stay in the football league, and at the moment im doing that. And can I ask u a question? Since ive been here, have we ever been in the bottom two?"

Stu nervously replies "no". And wayne replies "did I mention we have the smallest budget in the league"

Those carlisle and bury wins prompted a win-less, goal-less December & delayed what should have happened weeks earlier.
Whilst we are obviously in dire need of points, I fear a win tomorrow would just be more detrimental to our chances in the longer term. Anyone else agree?
The funny thing is that while being all smug about never having us in the bottom two, he was also wrong. I believe we've been bottom after the first game of both seasons where he started in charge.

I'm in full agreement that any win is likely to be detrimental. It just drags things out and gives Burnett a change to be a little more deluded about himself.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Not anytime soon ha ha