will burnett get sacked...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
dagger4eva

Hmmm I’m pretty sure you absolutely slate Bouchard, regularly – as with Batt and O’Brien.
Anyway. my point being that Wayne scouted these players.

On the flip side, I’d of course be happy to say that for every Batt, Agyemang, O’Brien recruited he also secured the services of Cousins, Murphy, Hines (when fit) etc. so of course you would have to be a blind fool to really say everything he’s done has failed.

I did also say “FOR THE MOST PART” – we’ve had neither.

Cambridge Away was an atrocious 1st 45 minutes – even a 0.1% improvement in the 2nd half would have seen me get into it.

Oxford away this season was probably as entertaining a league game for the full 90 minutes that we’ve had under Wayne.

The last half hour vs Scunthorpe in the Monsoon was also good and the 6-6 V Brentford was obviously pure entertainment alas wouldn’t have looked out of place over Central Park at Zippo’s circus.

Those games aside – have we really had much actual entertainment???

Pair that with what have until recently been a crap run or results and it’s no surprise people were desperate for a change at some point or another… is it ??
Mike the Dagger

its all good wrote:Agreed most are others team's youngsters up to now
But there are plenty of managers who don't give kids a chance
Hopefully one or two will come through from our Academy before too long
I see Jodi wasn't in the squad at York. Hopefully he'll get a shot soon.
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="dagger4eva"]Hmmm I’m pretty sure you absolutely slate Bouchard, regularly – as with Batt and O’Brien.
Anyway. my point being that Wayne scouted these players.

Funny Bouchard and Hemmings were in my opinion our worse Players Saturday going forward. However they more then made up for it when it came to defending so It would be wrong to pick holes in a great team effort.

More then once Saturday when he gave the ball away with miss placed passes I looked outside him and saw Luke Howell and arrgggggghhhh went through my mind more then once.

To clear up any doubt I am not slating him just an opinion on what I was watching.
its all good

I see Jodi wasn't in the squad at York. Hopefully he'll get a shot soon.[/quote]

Jodi travelled up with the squad on Friday and was involved in everything else over the two days but didn't get on the bench for the York game
But he had been an unused sub for the two previous games
It's a brilliant experience for him to be so involved up close with the first team
He can't wait to get game time when the chance comes
dagger4eva

"It's all good" - you say he gives young players a chance and as pointed out already perhaps he has but none of our OWN players have really had much of a shot.

All off the top of my head – without googling for backup stats:

Jordan Seabright – probably not up to it but only really given what, 3 games to prove his worth?

Ian Gayle – given 2 or 3 games, or was it more. Was being incredibly hyped up by Burnett. A couple of mistakes and he literally has never been seen of at Victoria Rd ever since.

Sean Shields – Already been done to death but several other just as young and just as unproven so called wingers were given an opportunity in front of Sean.

Marlon Broomfield (I think that’s his name) – given the most bizarre, random 5 minute appearance at the end of a game. Had WB raving about how he did well and how his appearance shows just what sort of talent we have coming through. Again, never to be seen or heard of since.

Jodi Jones – an obvious talent, maybe not ready just yet but maybe his time will come in the future

Nathan Green – looked to be a more than adequate replacement for the hapless Connors. Again, seemingly bombed out for no reason whatsoever.

Jack Connors – the only player Wayne has tended to stick by other than sticking him on Gardening leave for 3 months. Possibly the weakest of all the players mentioned above too and if anyone should have followed the likes of Jake Reed, George Porter and the like down a level or 2 it should have been him.

Bradley Goldberg – another who has been given approx. 90 minutes game time over several substitute appearances. He OBVIOUSLY knows where the goal is but without a sustained run in the team how on gods earth is he supposed to shine?

Yusuff - given a few opportunities early doors but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as another on the Wayne Burnett WHAT IF / BOMBED OUT hit list

Can any others be added to this list??
Lcbdagger

Loads of us hoped Jones would get a run out against Cheltenham when the game was close... most of us however realised it would have been managerial suicide if he had come on at 2-1 and we then lost the game because we couldn't close it out defensively... Jones isn't the kind of player you need at 1-0 to get back and defend although I admit he could spring a decent counter attack.

Hoping we get to see Yusuff get a run out again as I think we have missed him running at defenders... intrigued to see how the new boy from huddersfield gets on too
ARNU

Cant see how Jones can be better than Goldberg.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

I think it's harsh to say Connors is the weakest of the players mentioned. He's the only one to be given a run in the team so has been targeted by opposition managers in games. When he's good, he's a good league 2 player. I'm sure if the others mentioned were given longer runs bar the odd 'exciting' cameo, we'd start to see their performance level dip over a consistent period as well.
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote:Loads of us hoped Jones would get a run out against Cheltenham when the game was close... most of us however realised it would have been managerial suicide if he had come on at 2-1 and we then lost the game because we couldn't close it out defensively... Jones isn't the kind of player you need at 1-0 to get back and defend although I admit he could spring a decent counter attack.

Hoping we get to see Yusuff get a run out again as I think we have missed him running at defenders... intrigued to see how the new boy from huddersfield gets on too
Yusuff not even on the bench tonight.
Lcbdagger

If injured then fair enough... Certainly had an obvious dip in form to not even be considered
SUSSEX DAGGER

If and when we get safe I would like to see Goldberg,Doidge and Jones get a run in team. Sadly I don't think this will happen as the Manager will not risk losing a point after the season he has had and the abuse he has taken.

He will want to finish as high up the league as possible. Don't forget he is out of contract and could be out of work in May. A 9th and anywhere mid table in the past two seasons with The Daggers is not going to look bad on his C V considering the restraints he works under

It will be a pity as it would be a great opportunity to blood them give them a run of games just to see if they are ready or can cut it,sadly events this year have put paid to that. No doubt there will be appeals on here for him to take the risk if we have nothing to lose but I for one will not blame him if he resists the temptation and if any of his critics make such noises then you only have yourselves to blame.
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:the abuse he has taken.
What abuse? A few people getting a bit annoyed about travelling up to Southport on a Tuesday night to see his team play like a Sunday morning side?

Seriously?

As Jodi Jones' godfather says, he is supposed to be a man that gives youth a go... which is true as long as you aren't on a Daggers contract apparently.
SUSSEX DAGGER

So can we cut to the chase here. When and if we are safe are you prepared to finish 22nd if it meant a few of the unproven/untried are give a run in the team?
Mike the Dagger

Alex Jakubiak: aged 18: When signed on loan, 3 league starts and 7 sub appearances - 1 goal... straight in to our team

Ayo Obilaye: aged 20. When signed on loan, no league experience... straight in to our team

Daniel Carr: aged 20. When signed on loan, 4 league starts and 6 sub appearances - 2 goals... straight in to our team

So he's happy to guive the unproven/untried of other clubs a go, just not our own?

Where is Ade Yussuff? Did great when he got a go, now apparently well behind a loanee in the pecking order. Great that Jodi Jones got on on Tuesday, but why do it two minutes into injury time? He never actually touched the ball.

These players are our future, the loanees are someone elses future.
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:So can we cut to the chase here. When and if we are safe are you prepared to finish 22nd if it meant a few of the unproven/untried are give a run in the team?
I agree you have to blood younger players, but like you say only when it's absolutely clear there's no chance of going down. Personally I'd be using jodi jones a bit more as the weeks go by. I think he has the potential to be a very good player, possibly use him as a forward midfielder to link up with the front two.