Dagenham and Redbridge?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dagger42

Does anyone who originally followed Redbridge Forest still attend matches?
DI Mike Dashwood

Me and I know of several others, including a few others on here.
IanC

Me
Chigwellian

Me
Auntie Merge

me and there are at least 3 others immediately around me at home games.
Ilford Dagger

Sadly I cannot afford it any more but followed from 1992 merger until end of 2012-13 season.Interesting question posed though,many still regard the Club as Dagenham I believe, which it emphatically isnt!!
Kevin

Yep..myself, Dad & brother still go.
rechitski kinzhal

Sort of ..... from Walthamstow Avenue, through to Redbridge Forest through to Dagenham and Redbridge. But although I still have a season ticket I don't really bother now ..... I need some vague anticipation that there might be a little entertainment, and so far this season I have gone about three times expecting very little and received even less. Clearing out my garage keeps me better entertained, and I still have to pinch myself to believe that I feel that way after travelling all over the country to watch games home and away for so many years. I wonder how many of the season ticket holders actually do attend games?

Someone please let me know when Burnett has gone - a change of manager may or may not not help but it will at least give a little bit of interest to a season that is testing the patience of even the most ardent fans.
Diggerthedog

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Sort of ..... from Walthamstow Avenue, through to Redbridge Forest through to Dagenham and Redbridge. But although I still have a season ticket I don't really bother now ..... I need some vague anticipation that there might be a little entertainment, and so far this season I have gone about three times expecting very little and received even less. Clearing out my garage keeps me better entertained, and I still have to pinch myself to believe that I feel that way after travelling all over the country to watch games home and away for so many years. I wonder how many of the season ticket holders actually do attend games?

Someone please let me know when Burnett has gone - a change of manager may or may not not help but it will at least give a little bit of interest to a season that is testing the patience of even the most ardent fans.
Sad you are not coming but totally understandable, I have missed three games due to the dreadful home form. The club directors read this board and need to take this sort of post seriously. Long term fans turnin their back on the club. Act now or more will follow.
Auntie Merge

Diggerthedog wrote:
rechitski kinzhal wrote:Sort of ..... from Walthamstow Avenue, through to Redbridge Forest through to Dagenham and Redbridge. But although I still have a season ticket I don't really bother now ..... I need some vague anticipation that there might be a little entertainment, and so far this season I have gone about three times expecting very little and received even less. Clearing out my garage keeps me better entertained, and I still have to pinch myself to believe that I feel that way after travelling all over the country to watch games home and away for so many years. I wonder how many of the season ticket holders actually do attend games?

Sad you are not coming but totally understandable, I have missed three games due to the dreadful home form. The club directors read this board and need to take this sort of post seriously. Long term fans turnin their back on the club. Act now or more will follow.
+1 on missing games. If something doesn't change very rapidly I have no intention of renewing my season ticket next year. Watching us play at home is like some sort of endurance test and I am sure I would have more fun sticking pins in my eyes! I've already missed at least 4 home games and am struggling to find the enthusiasm to come next Saturday. Sorry for sidetracking the thread but as you say, this is serious issue that needs to be rectified ASAP.
dagger4eva

To Eb / Auntie...

I honestly don't mean this faceously (spelling?) as I feel the same way as you both and I'm sure there are dozens of others also, but have you tried relaying your feelings in writing to the club?

Not that it will probably have any effect, but it's not difficult to imagine that the board think everything is rosy amonsgt the fans...

Just a thought.

And back to the thread, I only started coming over a couple of years prior to our promotion from the Ryman... the days when supporting the Daggers was actually FUN & enjoyable. Neither terms of which apply anymore.
Auntie Merge

I did mention this in an email to Steve Thompson when I complained about the logo and the swapping of the home/away dugouts, and got a stock/standard response.

Edit: I was one who endured the full 90 minutes of the game that shalt not be mentioned and even watching that was more fun than watching us at home this season. I have watched us for years be a crap struggling side but the club at the moment has no redeeming features.