Potential Replacements - The Ex Players

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

So from our list of legendary ex players, are any up to the job:

Tony Roberts - Huge playing experience at all levels, some coaching experience, legend
Jason Broom - Hugely experienced, some coaching experience at non league level, legend
Danny Cowley - Never made first team appearance but reserve and youth player in 90s, doing excellent job at Concord Rangers
Ashley Vickers - Some management experience, fighting spirit, legend
Lee Goodwin - Local knowledge, fighting spirit, legend
Danny Shipp - Local knowledge, potential contacts in pro game, legend
Younnis Nabil - Maverick talent, international contacts

Any others??
Masked Man

I would rather us go down fighting with passion under ANY of these players than what we're being served at the moment.

Marginally better yesterday, but just a blip before the next couple of defeats.

We still have time to turn it around and get out of the shit - but can ANYBODY believe Wayne is the man to do it??

Even the bar staff and ticket office staff look depressed and worried for their jobs - we won't need a ticket office in the Conference.... :shock:
ARNU

None of them.

Go for someone who's tried tested and knows what they are doing.

Nostalgia will get you nowhere.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:None of them.

Like John Still the second time around?
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:
ARNU wrote:None of them.

Like John Still the second time around?
I think you'll find John still was by then a tried and tested reasonably successful manager by the time he returned.He had a good cv.In fairness I don't know half them players but I do know I haven't heard of any of them as managers.Bringing a Robbo or Mark Arber type in just cos they remind you of better times would be taking a gamble.Or don't you think so ?
Diggerthedog

After leaving the first time around John Still flopped at a higher level and come back and remember many being against the idea.

Yes we need someone like Yates certainly not someone like Robbo, the changes needs to be made because if a new manager can come in and get us 5 wins from 10 games we are half way there.
ARNU

Diggerthedog wrote:After leaving the first time around John Still flopped at a higher level and come back and remember many being against the idea.

Yes we need someone like Yates certainly not someone like Robbo, the changes needs to be made because if a new manager can come in and get us 5 wins from 10 games we are half way there.
Im sure if you try you'll find exceptions to the rule somewhere,Im struggling to think of one that worked immediately....maybe Keegan at Newcastle or Dalgliesh at liverpool.And that's premiership not 4th div.I just don't think generally bringing people in from the past because they were good players is a sound minded decision.Ok if you are Paulo Di Canio and west ham are doing shit half of them brain deads will honestly think he'd be the new messiah.We all know he wouldn't.Same sort of thing im on about anyway.