Shrimpys view

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
shrimperama

A very poor game of football against a team who like most who visit come not to concede and try and Nick something and but for the linos flag would have done. Bizaarly we seemed to play better with ten men.

PB sets us up to keep clean sheets and we do ,but we are so shot shy and just don't score any goals.

That said your keeper pulled of some great saves.

Definate red card and no complaints . It's the second time this season he's seen red and has only played about ten games. Hopefully a big fine will be dished out.

What I will say is for a team trying to avoid relegation it's not a good idea to timewaste against a team with ten men.

I thought your number ten was the best outfield player on the pitch . Had a touch of class.

Good luck in your fight against relegation and ill be there for our away game.
bearaab

Agree with most of that. Seemed fairly even till the red then Southend dominated.

Cousins was 100% man of the match.
SUSSEX DAGGER

shrimperama wrote:A very poor game of football against a team who like most who visit come not to concede and try and Nick something and but for the linos flag would have done. Bizaarly we seemed to play better with ten men.

PB sets us up to keep clean sheets and we do ,but we are so shot shy and just don't score any goals.

Definate red card and no complaints . It's the second time this season he's seen red and has only played about ten games. Hopefully a big fine will be dished out.

What I will say is for a team trying to avoid relegation it's not a good idea to timewaste against a team with ten men.

I thought your number ten was the best outfield player on the pitch . Had a touch of class.

In all honesty friend I think we looked a team who were going back to basics. In our box we did this by and large fairly well. Our defence was made up of three youngsters without a seasons worth of experience between them so to keep a clean sheet has to be a major positive for us.

Got to say I was disappointed that we did not do more in the last third and thought we were crying out for a player to go down the outside. Hopefully Hines will bring this to the table.

Your view on Chambers is interesting separate the pitch lengthways into 3 sections in two of them Chambers is a talent sadly in the most important third, the middle one he has continually found to be wanting.

Pleased with the result but from the sending off onwards we failed to take the game by the scruff of the neck and there was only going to be one winner so am glad to get out with a point and hope we gained a lot of confidence from it.

As for Southend it is clear that you are going to have to improve massively in the second half of season in front of goal otherwise you are going to be once again disappointed.
Dagdale

Well came away from Roots Hall tonight quite pleased with at least a team showing more heart and determination and even if I was a neutral would say it was quite a decent game to watch. Yes Shrimpy Cousins rode a great display again and too many his our player of the year already, but my, your left winger put on some show, a certain Myles Weston, he really was doing some job on that side of the field especially second half, I hope he burns out a bit before the return leg down our manor. We don't often get goal less draws but as they go a bit surprised it stayed it to the end, like our home game with Shrewsbury Southend seemed to cope well with the 10 players and thought it raised their game a bit. Heard some talk coming out that JC might be shedding his wings, pray not! Great to see daggers fans in good numbers and great banter in the Railway pub. Keep the tempo boys going for 2015 and pull upwards.
matt_drfc

The Admin on this forum got a punch off one of your lot today Shrimpy. I say punch, more of a tap, but an intended punch nevertheless.
hockley dagger

shrimperama wrote:A very poor game of football against a team who like most who visit come not to concede and try and Nick something and but for the linos flag would have done. Bizaarly we seemed to play better with ten men.

Fuc off u pikey wanker
AVincelotFlyingLeap

hockley dagger wrote: Fuc off u pikey wanker
Now now son. Less of that.
Dagger Steve

It all kicked off down the seafront. Someone smashed the Wimpys window.
shrimperama

Really surprised by the comments about aggro. We are hardly renowned for it.

Even more surprised with the praise for Myles Weston. He has been piss poor and Saturday was no different. Are you sure you don't mean shaquille coulthurst who played wide left for the last half an hour and tore you a new arsehole.

Apparently we getting Elliot Lee in from the spammers on loan this week which should help.

Good luck for the rest of the season
matt_drfc

I'm not surprised, something has happened the last 3 times I've been to Roots Hall. It's not me though.
bearaab

Raheem Sterling spoof was alright but I thought Weston was good. Always in space and whipped in some good balls. Hopefully our wingers so what he was doing and might take it as some advice.
Lcbdagger

Was Coulthurst the guy that took us on a merry dance in the Spurs friendly? Understand we tried to sign him when he decided to go to Southend... would have been a decent addition here
Dagdale

Sure it was the No.11 who especially second half was causing one hell of a problem to us on the left side, and your programme states Myles Weston wearing that shirt, no wonder Partridge was pulled off although he was on a yellow card maybe a safety shot, every time that guy got the ball he looked like he was up to make an impact with crosses that thankfully for us your inner forwards couldn't finish off and Mark C's excellent work.