Positives and negatives

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
JFJBENSTEAD

A good draw against a good team today. Just about deserved it, though Cousins was Man of the Match for me with the saves he pulled off.

However, another game where we haven't scored. What bothers me more is the reaction to the sending off. Rather than going for the jugular we simply sat back and played for the draw.

The players did show more fight than against Stevenage; there was yet another wobble at the beginning of the second half though.

Bottom two at the turn of the year. Not sure I can see us getting out of it either.

Never mind. Up the Daggers!!
ARNU

I thought we played well.Had the ball in the net twice and certainly gave southend a few heart stopping moments.Mark Cousins is already my Dagger of the season.If we play like that more often we'll be ok.Shrimpy must be embarrassed,I'll settle for that.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

ARNU wrote:I thought we played well.Had the ball in the net twice and certainly gave southend a few heart stopping moments.Mark Cousins is already my Dagger of the season.If we play like that more often we'll be ok.Shrimpy must be embarrassed,I'll settle for that.
Second was clearly onside says Apollo Creed.
PaulHornchurch

Two things for me.

1) didn't really think we would ever score with the 2 Ashley's so far away from JC.

2) JC spent far too long clapping the fans today and the way he went round shaking the other players hands, is he off on Thursday ??.
Diggerthedog

PaulHornchurch wrote:Two things for me.

1) didn't really think we would ever score with the 2 Ashley's so far away from JC.

2) JC spent far too long clapping the fans today and the way he went round shaking the other players hands, is he off on Thursday ??.
Off where? He is contracted until the end of the season, surely not even out board would be stupid enough to let out only goalscorer leave.

I have filed a missing persons report for Doidge and will shortly for Murphy too.
Masked Man

Coners performance improved VASTLY since early door in the season.

I think we had our best defence out for three quarters of the match... Not sure why we changed it..
leewilson

Diggerthedog wrote:
PaulHornchurch wrote:Two things for me.

Off where? He is contracted until the end of the season, surely not even out board would be stupid enough to let out only goalscorer leave.

I have filed a missing persons report for Doidge and will shortly for Murphy too.
Doidge is injured according to match previews that I keep reading.
Diggerthedog

Connors did very well seeing as he has been out of favour for some months with only one dodgy moment. We look solid enough today without Batt, funny that.
matt_drfc

Back 5 were superb! Ayo was outstanding, extending his loan till the end of the season will be the best bit of business we could do. Connors had his best game in a long time. Partridge always looks comfortable at RB with Chambers in front of him. Can't fault any of those players today, a bit of confidence and we score, but more defensive performances like that and we will be ok I think.
SUSSEX DAGGER

matt_drfc wrote:Back 5 were superb! Ayo was outstanding, extending his loan till the end of the season will be the best bit of business we could do. Connors had his best game in a long time. Partridge always looks comfortable at RB with Chambers in front of him. Can't fault any of those players today, a bit of confidence and we score, but more defensive performances like that and we will be ok I think.
Was just thinking how we'll we had defended all afternoon and my views on Saah looked a good call.
Then we brought him on at the death and spent the last 5 minutes hoping he would not bring onto the pitch with him the confusion that has caused us so many problems this season.

Like to see a defence of Abu Ayo Doe and Connors given a run , Partridge did ok but the yard of oace he lacks was there for all to see. That said I would have ten of him before only here for the money Batt
Lcbdagger

Ayo, if defensive history continues with our Loanees, will be scouted by Leyton Orient and will disappear there come the end of January
bearaab

Masked Man wrote:Coners performance improved VASTLY since early door in the season.

I think we had our best defence out for three quarters of the match... Not sure why we changed it..
First game I've been too this season and I thought he was quality.
Richie

Partridge must have been feeling an injury, no reason to change it otherwise. Connors was superb on the other flank too.

On the whole I thought we did okay, Hemmings and Chambers got into the odd good position but didn't do anything with it, would prefer Porter to both of them. Still not convinced by Boucard but as I say, on the whole we did okay. Definitely a lot better than it has been.
SUSSEX DAGGER

a defence made up with 75% of players without a seasons worth of games between them has to be applauded for that this afternoon.

Still worried about the lack of pace in Matts legs but if he keeps "only here for the money Batt" out of the team then I will bare this frailty.

Sadly this is a pro game and if we keep this formation I can see opponents targeting him.

Anyhow defensively a good step forward this afternoon and well done Scott Doe who at least looked a Captain.
DaggerSince92

Hemmings for me looked very good today, liked the way he directly ran at defenders, definitely think he should be a starter for the Bury game. Still some work to be done defensively, Connors solid today and I think him and Widdowsen could have a good battle for the left back position, providing we stay with a back 4. Doe and Ayo have to be our centre half partnership for Saturday. Only change I'd make is Howell for Boucaud to give Jamie someone who can run beyond him up top.