Barring wayne, warren and darren-We've 1 fundamental issue..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

How many of our players actually give a toss? That attitude where they say 'sh1t, we are losing- i need to roll my sleeves up and take responsibility! This is my job'?

In the last 3,6,10 years etc, we have had virtually al of our players that really seem to care. Of course the occasional ones didnt, but at least most of them tried to act like they gave a sh1t to our fans. Unlike saah the other day.

Out of our current side and fringe players, i can say cousins, bingham,howell, abu, yuseff and cureton (doey and murph perhaps as well) actually care. If not for us, the club deserve better.

Porter shows hunger but then the reported pic of him eating a full roast with two bottles of beer and wine make me question his mentality a little otherwise he would probably make my list.

Yes, it is the manager's job to motivate his players but they should go home and be angered by our results like we all are. Unfortunately, i really doubt the majority of our side does.

Even with a new manager, which MUST HAPPEN imo if we want to have any chance of staying up, they must show more fight and heart than currently. It just doesnt look like a dagenham team atm. That is why we could still manage to go down even if wayne is sacked when undoubtedly our actual side is one of the better ones in the bottom 10.

The majority of our players should genuinely care... But do they actually?
Dagdale

Said this more than once, its players that get Managers sacked. Moral is rock bottom, the fan's will always be there, but a big but ,we must still show strong support for our club. Personally do feel for Wayne because he is professional enough and been in this game long enough to know its one almighty job now, and he has appreciated our support especially when on long stretch trips like even as recent as Plymouth. Really been a blow this season.
bearaab

I do agree but people are going a bit OTT with Porter having a couple of beers and eating some meat and vegetables. If a roast dinner is considered that unhealthy that a League 2 footballer shouldn't be eating it then there's a huge problem. Far better than eating a load of processed shit. And as for the beers, 2 beers would've done nothing to affect his performance the next day (unless he has the tolerance of an 8 year old).

I'll be having a much better judge of the players today, looking forward to seeing a game rather than highlights of the other team scoring.
Diggerthedog

bearaab wrote:I do agree but people are going a bit OTT with Porter having a couple of beers and eating some meat and vegetables. If a roast dinner is considered that unhealthy that a League 2 footballer shouldn't be eating it then there's a huge problem. Far better than eating a load of processed shit. And as for the beers, 2 beers would've done nothing to affect his performance the next day (unless he has the tolerance of an 8 year old).

I'll be having a much better judge of the players today, looking forward to seeing a game rather than highlights of the other team scoring.
I would not begrudge any of our players a couple of beers and a roast on Xmas day, these are chaps earning what the average working fan earns or less.
dagger4eva

Yea I agree... so ******** what hes having a roast and a couple of beers, good luck to him.

That aside, there is 1 difference between us and stevenage and probably a whole host of other clubs. I was told westley had them in xmas day for a couple of hrs training. Ours had the full day off. Dont think a couple of hrs would of hurt our lot at all ....
bearaab

To be honest, it looks like they need it.
Adrian

I don't buy this stuff about it not being Burnetts fault that players don't care.
Surely part of signing them was actually talking to them and making a judgement as to whether or not they had the heart/desire and that they'd actually fit into the team?

When you look at the lists of players that people are making about players that actually have a bit of heart etc, it probably isn't entirely coincidence that most of the players Burnett inherited are included, but only a couple of the ones he signed are.
ARNU

I don't think the players are to blame.They seem to be trying really hard.Its the different combinations and set ups week in week out that aren't working.Which player is lazy or not trying ?? I don't see any shirkers and believe me id be on it like Daggersince 92 on a ladyboy if any were.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:I don't think the players are to blame.They seem to be trying really hard.Its the different combinations and set ups week in week out that aren't working.Which player is lazy or not trying ?? I don't see any shirkers and believe me id be on it like Daggersince 92 on a ladyboy if any were.

Well on Friday, rather than saah pulling his sleeves up, he was too busy telling a FAN that he was welcome to have a go. This doesnt exactly show that he is willing to do the extra hours training to make that position his and to be better does it?
Mikins

The Romford Dagger wrote:

Well on Friday, rather than saah pulling his sleeves up, he was too busy telling a FAN that he was welcome to have a go. This doesnt exactly show that he is willing to do the extra hours training to make that position his and to be better does it?
Probably why Saah was dropped to the bench today.
Sorry about your damn luck!