Has WB lost the dressing room?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mick

At the very least it feels like the players are confused.

........I'm somewhat bemused by some of his decisions.
DI Mike Dashwood

If ever a phrase summed up the naff SKY based world of the modern game it is "lost the dressing room".

People here a few overpaid clowns on the box spouting this and it becomes the latest in phrase.

The bloke just doesn't have a clue, thats the problem. Whether he has lost the dressing room doesnt really matter if he can't set up 11 blokes with any resemblance of a game plan.
Dagdale

Yes he must have, because I look at a team with no ambition, something has been going tits up nearly all season and it should have been eradicated long ago.
ARNU

He's losing his dignity by staying.Admitting defeat,knowing when you are beaten is a quality to be admired.It seems he's happy to nose dive us out of the league rather than give someone else a chance.Paying him off might well be the cheaper option than to let us go down.

Sack him now !!

Give it to Darren Currie till the end of the season.He could do no worse.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
dagger4eva

The worst thing is, he has said he believes he can turn it around and I actually think he GENUINELY believes that !!!

Darren Currie is not the answer either (even in the short term)
It would just be more replication of the current dross.

We need a new manager, a new voice, new ideas... and we need it now!!!
DI Mike Dashwood

I also don't guess this Darren Currie thing. Why does anyone think he is the answer?? I may be missing something here, could someone explain??
Dagdale

I think your probably right there D4E, funny enough in the sieve yesterday with second half dross going on we had a 'question time' about current downfall amongst a few of us and we actually all agreed that we think the Zavon Hines issue and returning 'to save our bacon' is what W.B is banking on. Almost a year out now and its a hard one to swallow and to rely on.
ARNU

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I also don't guess this Darren Currie thing. Why does anyone think he is the answer?? I may be missing something here, could someone explain??
This is a guy (Darren Currie) that actually has a good football career behind him and to use Johny Judas's old phrase "Knows what it means to be a dagger".I think he'll have his own ideas and wont have the ego WB clearly does have.He would know the basics and without Burnett sticking his nose in I reckon he'd do us proud.

In my retail career I was No2 to quite a few wankers before becoming the head honcho and surpassed all my previous guv'nors results once I was allowed to use my own tac tics.So I sort of hope this would free up Darren Currie to do his own thing.Id even accept good old fashioned hoofball right now as opposed to the aimless shite we have at present.Im also liking the Neil Warnock rumour too but I cant see Thommo shelling out any more than £50 a week for a manager so aint holding my breathe.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
leewilson

ARNU wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:I also don't guess this Darren Currie thing. Why does anyone think he is the answer?? I may be missing something here, could someone explain??
This is a guy (Darren Currie) that actually has a good football career behind him and to use Johny Judas's old phrase "Knows what it means to be a dagger".I think he'll have his own ideas and wont have the ego WB clearly does have.He would know the basics and without Burnett sticking his nose in I reckon he'd do us proud.
I'd hope he knows the basics.

In truth, nobody has a clue how Currie would do. He's his own man. Burnett was number 2 to Still and has his own ideas. I'm sure Currie is the same. Whether they come off in the mould of Gary Rowett, Eddie Howe, Shaun Derry and Graham Alexander or lack something like Terry Skiverton, Leam Richardson and others, we'll only know if he gets the job. It's harsh judging somebody when it's not his product that is being showcased every week. He's an assistant that works on WB's product, he doesn't make the final call.
Auntie Merge

Another no for Darren Currie. Or Wayne Hackett.

I would like to see someone new come in. We need a completely fresh approach and an experienced football league manager who can handle the pressure. I think I mentioned it before, I wouldn't mind seeing Martin Ling being given the opportunity.
NickMurphy

Haven't posted on here in a while, but yeah, it's obviously past the point of no return for Burnett now, any win he gets is just buying more time for the inevitable departure. In a lot of ways, the victory against Carlisle and then Bury are the two worst things that could have happened (Don't begrudge the 6 points obviously), but it's extended the run of a man who's drawn lucky in those two games by the looks against a backdrop of a year of utter rubbish. It's virtually impossible to sack a manager after a 4-2 win...but what's more frustrating is that after those two wins...we've gone back into a rut of not having a clue. I didn't see the Carlisle game, but there seemed to be some promise with the 3-5-2, and ever since then in the two home games, I've had two of the worst home performances I've ever seen, and after this last year that's quite something.

It's clear it's not working, and as nice a guy as he is, and whether he's lost the dressing room or not, his time has been up for sometime now and the sooner he goes, the better for the club unfortunately. And yet having said that, I'll be behind him and the lads at Southend tomorrow because it's what we do.