what a load of bs

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Masked Man wrote:Saah - who in my eyes was where the rot began, we got rid of Wilkinson for him! - needs to keep his mind on the game, not the crowd giving stick.

When you're loosing, and you react to the crowd, you only make yourself look like a bigger clown!

Taking off your two strikers to replace them with an under preforming winger?

Clown management....

Here's a song for our team!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q
The Club is not helping the Manager out in this aspect mind because the truth about Murphy is not being told.
It is no excuse about what went on today but the medical advice is Murphy should not be doing more then an hour in anyone stint . Why this is being kept from the Fans I have no idea and if it was known it would save the Manager from the taunts he got when just following medical advice.

As I said this should not be an excuse for such a pathetic effort in many areas today but to ignore such medical advice would make him a bigger idiot then some of you already have him down for.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Masked Man wrote:Saah - who in my eyes was where the rot began, we got rid of Wilkinson for him! - needs to keep his mind on the game, not the crowd giving stick.

When you're loosing, and you react to the crowd, you only make yourself look like a bigger clown!

Taking off your two strikers to replace them with an under preforming winger?

Clown management....

Here's a song for our team!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q
The Club is not helping the Manager out in this aspect mind because the truth about Murphy is not being told.
It is no excuse about what went on today but the medical advice is Murphy should not be doing more then an hour in anyone stint . Why this is being kept from the Fans I have no idea and if it was known it would save the Manager from the taunts he got when just following medical advice.

As I said this should not be an excuse for such a pathetic effort in many areas today but to ignore such medical advice would make him a bigger idiot then some of you already have him down for.
It's the manager that decides what information is made public about players fitness and availability, not anyone else at the club. So if we aren't being told the truth then that is because it is what Burnett wants.

If Murphy is not supposed to play for more than 60 minutes, then perhaps it would have been a good idea to have a proper recognised forward on the bench. Or to not take off both forwards at the same time. For all his failings Agyemang might have actually held the ball up for one of the others.
DI Mike Dashwood

I have been neither yes or no on whether a change of manager was/is needed, but enough is enough. That was not enjoyable at all and the Club is unfortunately starting to fall apart before our eyes.

I would note, I am not someone who thinks the Club should have big plans or ambitions or trying to do 100s of great things. But I do expect a few basic things. I expect players who can at least show some urgency and passion and I expect a management team who can create a style and gameplan and way of playing, regardless of what that is. Once again yesterday, neither of these two things was in evidence.

It was an utter utter shambles and probably the most miserable home game I have been at since Hyde smashed us 4-0 in the Trophy around 16 years ago.

Wayne and Thompson do still have some backers though. A guy at the back of the sieve was having a go at me and others for moaning at the performance!!! He suggested we should not bother going if we don't like it. Fair enough I guess, but as about 1,400 of those in the ground yesterday were presumably not enjoying it the Club is heading in only one direction.
Mark

I think we're entitled to be annoyed and have a moan. This is the least enjoyable Daggers side I have watched since I started going over 18 years ago. Even when we were scratching around in the Ryman with a new awful player each week at least they gave it a go. Now we have too many who don't have enough heart.

Money or lack of it, you can still build a side which is organised, physical enough to compete and hard working. That is enough to stay in this division and even enough to get in the playoffs if you uncover a bit of quality like we did with Green and Scott.

I'd rather see us banging it in the channels and getting after it than some of the lethargic keep ball in midfield which gets us nowhere. I like good football as much as anyone but there has to be a point to it. If you don't go forward there is no point.
DI Mike Dashwood

I agree Mark. I think people have a right to have a moan about that dross. And when the bloke asked why I come if I don't enjoy it, my reply was an honest "because I have already paid for it". However, I doubt I will bother for a while if it doesn't pick up soon.

I am not against us losing (although prefer it if we win) but the lack of any heart or character or leadership on or off the pitch is thoroughly depressing. You know, and I will be hounded for this and never thought I would say it, but maybe going back to the Conference is what we need?? Maybe trying to punch above our weight and putting together a Team of players who have played a few games in League One and therefore think they are better than they are is what is killing the Club?? Maybe dropping down a division and getting in some local lads and youngsters will restore many of the values our club has usually stood for.

I will be there tomorrow, as I fancy a day out ,but after that I won't automatically be thinking of going every week as I have done for the last 15 years.
leewilson

Mark wrote: I'd rather see us banging it in the channels and getting after it than some of the lethargic keep ball in midfield which gets us nowhere. I like good football as much as anyone but there has to be a point to it. If you don't go forward there is no point.

I do completely agree with you but this will just bring its own set of moaners. Even when the going was good under Still, lose a game or two and people would bemoan the style of play. You can't win really unless every season brings with it a top 6 set of results. What Still has over Burnett is that he has his set of phrases that he wheels out. Little quips that bring a certain element of psychology with them that get you on side. He also completely believed in his own style of play. I feel like Burnett went in with that intention, then adapted, then adapted again and now we have a mish mash of nothingness.
Masked Man

I won't single out players. But we have a team of inexperienced sheep.

Where is the integrity, passion, grit and desires of players like Peter Gain or Stuart Thurgood?

That is what we want and need to see in a Dagenham shirt - not this breed of professional athlete who have been brought up surrounded by parasitical yes men who feed off them.

I don't like aggressive football, but we are (in the majority) a gutless team, personified by Saah yesterday wanting to mix it with a fan instead of either holding his hands up to playing like a lemon pansy or just being a professional and getting on with it!

Seems to be a pattern emerging with Daggers staff wanting to mix it with the crowd.... :roll:
ARNU

I have no issue with well played hoofball.I got very fed up with poorly played hoofball.Stills last 2 seasons gave us exactly that.You need players that can play that game.Strevens,Benno,Saunders,Scott,Green,Gain,Vincelot,Griffiths,Nursey and my old mate Mark Arber.All new their roles and put the fear of god up any opposition on their day.You have to have the right players for it.I still think we have the makings of a good footballing team,a couple of spirited additions we aint far away.We need a new manager though.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Daggertilidie

It's very sad in all my years in supporting Dagenham I've never seen so many unhappy faces amongst supporters. Not only as the manager some how made the players lack in ideas quality and confidence. It's now spread amongst fans..the low morale. I have respect for Wayne as a man but he's never a manager always will be a coach stick to tracksuits Wayne do the right thing and leave... And take the board with you it's becoming a huge joke.
Ilford Dagger

On a slight tangent the Boxing Day crowd was under 1,800, comfortably the smallest FL crowd of the day, on Boxing Day Clubs usually get their biggest of the season & on that basis we would normally expect around 2,500-2,800, people are voting with their feet & not turning up & will continue to do so whilst this appalling run continues (especially at home), additional disappointment is that Stevenage are not far away thus a large away turnout would be expected. Worrying times indeed, if we do go down attendances will plummet even further to nearer 1k than 2k!
Mikins

Tbh if we go down and the manager ****** off I'll be there, but I can't go and watch him ripping the heart out of the team whilst our spineless board sit back and do nothing about it.

So in that sense I'd rather go and watch us fight in the conference than watch us lay down and die in the league.
Sorry about your damn luck!