Sean Shields

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
TheLion

I saw Sean play a full game for Ebbsfleet at the weekend and he was the man of the match.

Now before I hear mention of it only being a Conference South game, I do not think that there is much difference between what we have been seeing this year (especially at home) and what is served up in the Conference South.

Now being one of the few of us who has ever seen Sean play a full ninety minutes, I have to wonder why, after being given a three year contract, he has never been given an opportunity with us? On his performance on Saturday, he would definitely improve upon what we are seeing at the moment in a Daggers shirt from the current incumbents.

Seeing some of the numerous additions to our squad since Wayne took over, who have been given immediate opportunities, and mostly disappointed, you have to wonder how some of our younger contracted players are being developed and managed.
Mike the Dagger

Time Sean was given a chance or released TBH. He's 23 next month, no longer a promising kid.
Lcbdagger

While I don't personally feel he would fit in to our current three at the back formation, I agree on the ocntract situation... this isn't a 19 year old... if he isn't in the future plans, get rid.

Will do ok in a team at Ebbsfleet level but fear he will be a Montgomery who we all hope will kick on but ends up in part-time football
Adrian

The comment I've made about him in the past is that I have no real idea about how good or bad he really is.
He almost certainly isn't any sort of messiah, but I struggle to believe that he could have really offered any less than some of the wide players that have been used instead of him - the likes of Edgar, Turgott etc.

The way some of the younger players have been handled certainly leaves something to be desired.
Gayle and Goldberg both get given one year deals but aren't given a go. Green seems to be getting settled and then gets shipped out on loan.
Lcbdagger

Adrian wrote:The comment I've made about him in the past is that I have no real idea about how good or bad he really is.
He almost certainly isn't any sort of messiah, but I struggle to believe that he could have really offered any less than some of the wide players that have been used instead of him - the likes of Edgar, Turgott etc.

The way some of the younger players have been handled certainly leaves something to be desired.
Gayle and Goldberg both get given one year deals but aren't given a go. Green seems to be getting settled and then gets shipped out on loan.
The Loanee system at the club iwll always upset me because it followed by more stories about how skint we are and 'working on the lowest wage budget in the league'... of course you can take a chance on players on Loan, but not when it means your own youngsters can't get any match experience... as much as I disagree with the Agyemang sisgning, at least it's a player with league experience, not a 17 year old Premier League player whose only experience is against other Premier League 17 year olds
redboy

he's better that whoever has been thrown in on the left wing which shows what a poor manager we have. Never been given a decent run, so let him go and build a career elsewhere.