going down with a wimper

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
chasthedagger

My dad first took me to watch Dageham fc in the sixties, i have played at the ground in cup finals and the club is in my blood,sadly he is no longer available on with us but he and myself never dreamed we would ever be in the Football league.
I have seen the team through the years in the football league and prior to that in the conference and in that time under our greatest ever manager ( in my humble opinion)
The one thing I realised was that one day due to the lack of money, due mainly to the lack of people supporting the club we would go back to where we came from.
In the most successful period of this clubs history I have had the pleasure of watching my team give everything in every match even when we lost we could not accuse the team of a lack of effort, passion, heart and never say die attitude.
Unfortunately at this time we have a team of players who do not have this in their make up, or if they do it is not being shown in games.
The current manager was here when the previous management's ethics was on display but he seems to think his way of playing is right, but it would seem that it is not working with the current squad which is of his own making, so unless something changes soon this could be the year that we drop out of the league.
PLEASE IF THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN LETS GO DOWN WITH A BANG AND NOT A WIMPER
redboy

It seems like Scooby and Scrappy have lost the dressing room. If they don't know what they are doing, how can the squad. At the end of the day, the management and the board have the time honoured excuse about us being a small club, tiny budget etc. That's bollox. We've had a squad of less experienced players in the past, far younger, yet the manager got the best out of them. The spirit and fight has gone which is the manager's job to instill.
Mikins

In the simplest sense we have the most gutless board in the whole league right now. It's that simple, we always hear about pulling the trigger too soon, if they leave it any longer it'll be too late. I cannot understand how there has not been any talk of his departure, and if we cannot afford to sack someone whose contract expires in 6 months then we need to sack whoever drafted that contract.
Sorry about your damn luck!
ARNU

Defeats v Stevenage and Southend and he'll quit.Knowing when you're beat is a quality that deserves respect.Carrying on and ******** it up further would be stupidity and would look worse on his cv.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

ARNU wrote:Defeats v Stevenage and Southend and he'll quit.Knowing when you're beat is a quality that deserves respect.Carrying on and ******** it up further would be stupidity and would look worse on his cv.

He should have quit after southport. Orient JPT was when i first decided i wanted a change. Southport replay was such a poor result and was final straw for me.
bearaab

ARNU wrote:Defeats v Stevenage and Southend and he'll quit.Knowing when you're beat is a quality that deserves respect.Carrying on and ******** it up further would be stupidity and would look worse on his cv.
I bet he doesn't.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:
I bet he doesn't.
Well he may not.But really what is he waiting for ? Is it Zavon Hines ?

At best we'll finish where we are now but we will need to get more points and just hope those below us stay there.Is that really a plan though ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mikins

ARNU wrote:
Well he may not.But really what is he waiting for ? Is it Zavon Hines ?

At best we'll finish where we are now but we will need to get more points and just hope those below us stay there.Is that really a plan though ??

It is if you're the board, apparently. 22nd or bust!
Sorry about your damn luck!