So it does happen...

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

"Brighton & Hove Albion FC have accepted the resignation of first-team manager Sami Hyypia.

Chairman Tony Bloom said: "Sami has worked extremely hard since joining the club last summer. Despite some good performances, including most recently at Wolves, results haven't gone as well as we all had hoped and expected.

"Sami is an incredibly honourable man. He remains a hugely respected and very popular figure at our club. He has decided to step down for the benefit of the team and the club."

Come on Wayne, make my Christmas.
ARNU

Maybe Hypia will come and have a go at a lower level.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Richie

ARNU wrote:Maybe Hypia will come and have a go at a lower level.
Does he still have a pair of boots?
ARNU

Im sure he played in that game where MKDons beat us at home in the last minute of injury time due to a rare Robbo howler.
Richie

ARNU wrote:Im sure he played in that game where MKDons beat us at home in the last minute of injury time due to a rare Robbo howler.
Hyppia played for MK Dons? I don't recall that. Don't remember him lower than Liverpool personally.
matt_drfc

I assume ARNU means Dietmar Hamann
ARNU

matt_drfc wrote:I assume ARNU means Dietmar Hamann
Yeah that's him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

This is getting ridiculous, how in gods name can any fair minded Person compare Sam Hypia with the resources he had available to poor old beleaguered Wayne.

Lets not get away from the fact the Daggers are where most People with reasonable expectations expect us to be, I think in that number is a few who even support the Daggers.

This is borne out each year when the most frequent question I am asked is how do you think the Daggers will do this season? do you think they will survive?

Ask the same People where Brighton and Hove Albion should be and most would say nowhere near where they are at the moment.

Hypia had a state of the art multi million pound training complex opened last Summer adjacent to Shoreham Airport. The facilities are simply amazing. He also has a Chairman that has pumped over 100 million investment into the Club, from what I hear Wayne has training facilities that have only got worse and certainly has no benefactor in which to turn to like Hypia.

Brighton should also serve as a warning to those who supported the Daggers for what they are. Brighton has turned from that into just another corporation and I know a lot of People who were drunk on the idea of the New Stadium and the way the Club was heading to basically turning their back long before this disastrous season started.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I was speaking to a Season ticket holder of over 30 years, him and his family showed absolute loyalty over
the years following the team to Gillingham and was there the day they were 35 minutes from going out the League at Hereford. When I asked him what was going wrong I was shocked when he told me he did not renew his season ticket and had only seen three games all season.

Here was the most loyalist of Supporters who had seen his Club rise from the depths of despair to making the Play Offs two seasons running and the reason he had turned his back was because the Club had lost its soul. The New regime has taken over and those who did so much for the Club for it to survive have been ostracised to such an extent that he thinks that not even 20% of the loyal 3k of fans who followed the team in the dark days still go.

With the budget and facilities that Hypia had his results are pretty pathetic and Brighton Managers resigning is nothing new, six 0ut the last ten have done so including the last three.

Sorry but please keep examples of Managers falling on their sword in the realms of creditability.

Oh yes that reminds me that Ronnie Moore that was being touted as a possible replacement for Wayne, if you want a Manager that is prepared to recruit Ched Evans then I would suggest that he was a bloody good miss.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:This is getting ridiculous, how in gods name can any fair minded Person compare Sam Hypia with the resources he had available to poor old beleaguered Wayne.

Lets not get away from the fact the Daggers are where most People with reasonable expectations expect us to be, I think in that number is a few who even support the Daggers.

This is borne out each year when the most frequent question I am asked is how do you think the Daggers will do this season? do you think they will survive?

Ask the same People where Brighton and Hove Albion should be and most would say nowhere near where they are at the moment.

Hypia had a state of the art multi million pound training complex opened last Summer adjacent to Shoreham Airport. The facilities are simply amazing. He also has a Chairman that has pumped over 100 million investment into the Club, from what I hear Wayne has training facilities that have only got worse and certainly has no benefactor in which to turn to like Hypia.

Brighton should also serve as a warning to those who supported the Daggers for what they are. Brighton has turned from that into just another corporation and I know a lot of People who were drunk on the idea of the New Stadium and the way the Club was heading to basically turning their back long before this disastrous season started.

It was only a couple of weeks ago I was speaking to a Season ticket holder of over 30 years, him and his family showed absolute loyalty over
the years following the team to Gillingham and was there the day they were 35 minutes from going out the League at Hereford. When I asked him what was going wrong I was shocked when he told me he did not renew his season ticket and had only seen three games all season.

Here was the most loyalist of Supporters who had seen his Club rise from the depths of despair to making the Play Offs two seasons running and the reason he had turned his back was because the Club had lost its soul. The New regime has taken over and those who did so much for the Club for it to survive have been ostracised to such an extent that he thinks that not even 20% of the loyal 3k of fans who followed the team in the dark days still go.

With the budget and facilities that Hypia had his results are pretty pathetic and Brighton Managers resigning is nothing new, six 0ut the last ten have done so including the last three.

Sorry but please keep examples of Managers falling on their sword in the realms of creditability.

Oh yes that reminds me that Ronnie Moore that was being touted as a possible replacement for Wayne, if you want a Manager that is prepared to recruit Ched Evans then I would suggest that he was a bloody good miss.
The similarities of both managers is that they both lack the same thing experience. Hypia knew just like Ole Gunner absolutely Nothing about managing at the required level and to employ them was foolish on just the simple reason of who they were. The same applies to Wayne he was hanging about as coach for us and was picked to take charge and even after nearly getting us relegated was still given a contract. Nothing at all has changed on that front even though we are two years in to his Tenure.

This is not about facilties or budgets because Koko can't even get the basics right. Saturday we started with 3 midfielders who's game is knocking the ball about away from home against one of the better sides, did the manager seriously think we would get a result at this level with then three in the middle? Basics.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:This is getting ridiculous, how in gods name can any fair minded Person compare Sam Hypia with the resources he had available to poor old beleaguered Wayne.

You really won't let any opportuntiy to miss the point while defending Burnett pass will you.
It's not just about where we are in the league this season.
It's about how we've been going backwards since about October last season, it's about the pathetic home record since that time, it's about the public slating of players, the continued use of loan players that add nothing to our squad, getting rid of players and replacing them with players that are not better, it's about not only going out of the FA Cup to a poor team but also failing to even score against them.
There's probably more.

As for the point on Ronnie Moore - who'd want a manager willing to sign a convicted criminal?
Lcbdagger

Have to agree on the Ronnie Moore issue... you can tell the team laready don't know their proverbial arse from their elbow after he clearly said he wanted Evans, the club comes out and says they def won't sign him after the story got some legs... then they completely messed it all up by pretending Moore was misquoted and hadn't actually said he wanted to him sign at all, but had somply answered a 'hypothetical question' about an 'unsubstantiated internet rumour'... even we couldn't have pulled off a cock up like this.

Can't agree sadly on the other issues... this goes beyond a 6 month struggle when we should be doing well, this is a two year issue with dwindling home attendances and staff arguing with fans at Away games, such is the anger shown by people.
Kevin

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:... poor old beleaguered Wayne.
I know the former Premier League superstar isn't being paid a fortune for "managing" the Daggers - but "poor Wayne" is getting paid, by the club & is supposed to be doing an actual job..he's not just doing us a favour by hanging around the place.

Whilst attempting to "live in the real world" I note that our small budget has partly been spent on Wayne himself.

Our small budget has also been paid towards his bloated "support" staff.

Said "support" staff, together with WB have assembled this squad of players - a squad overfull of nice, non-tackling individuals which are not suited for League 2 football.

With this staff, and assembled squad, we have been dreadful for the past 12 months..getting progressively worse as time has gone on.

It's the people running the club who have the responsibility of coming up with a "viable alternative" - not random posters on an internet forum.

Wayne Burnett has had over 2 years to show what he can do. I was hopeful that, after his abysmal first few months, the positive beginning of last season would show what WB could bring to the club. Sadly, that appears to be the "blip"..with the current malaise unfortunately being the norm.

At this current time, he's not showing signs that he is competent at managing a full-time Football League team.
Lcbdagger

The big issue with last season and the start we had, is that he largely had the old squad inherited from a previous manager... yes we have lost Hoyte and Medy and YES Rhys and Zavon have been injured, but by and large the players brought in by the new manager, the 110 starting lineups and the 105 formations, have been not good enough this year.
dagger4eva

Lcbdagger wrote:The big issue with last season and the start we had, is that he largely had the old squad inherited from a previous manager... yes we have lost Hoyte and Medy and YES Rhys and Zavon have been injured, but by and large the players brought in by the new manager, the 110 starting lineups and the 105 formations, have been not good enough this year.

Yes we lost Rhys but how much has he been played since getting fit ???????? Barely !!

I take your point about the number of different starting lineups and formations but I'm not sure it is relevant....
After all, WB likes to re-itterate how "we do nothing different"

Kevin's made the best point of the thread so far imo.

Wayne and his team have easily had long enough now - there are minimal if any signs of his methods bearing any fruit and yes lets not forget, he may be on a fraction of the money JS was on but he and all his team are getting paid to underperform as they are.

I also have one other thing to add to to the discussion..

We talk endlessly about how we are only poor, skint, no money little Dagenham & Redbridge but Wayne and his massively inflated support staff dont come free of charge. AND, in addition, take a look through this season's programmes ... our squad list takes up almost the entire back page. Often the opposition's sqaud is nowhere near as big.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some of these squad players that are on little more than minimum wage but guarantee there are several that are paid VERY well.
Cureton, Murphy, Doe, Ogogo, Howell just to name a few ....

So does this "we are brassic" bullshit really still cut any ice with people ????? And if we are ACTUALLY totally skint - the question needs to be asked why... doesn't it ??
ThatRoundThing

I placed the following bets on 21/07/2014

Carlisle v LUTON. (Opening game). WON. 8/5
NOTTS F v Blackpool. (Opening game). WON. 1/2
Blackpool. Relegation. 5/6
Dag and Red. Relegation. 7/1
Luton. Promotion. 13/8

6 x £3.00 Doubles. = £18. Staked

Estimated Returns: £132.25

Looking good so far!!!