Plymouth thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Yeah I know LCB my point was aimed at the deluded Sussex.
matt_drfc

redboy wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:That's fair enough, I just don't get too down if we lose to a team I expect to lose against.
I'm sick of hearing people say stuff like this. You sound like someone who's happy to finish 22nd.
I'm not 'happy' to finish 22nd, I just know what we are.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Like you Matt I have never had expectations of anything else and by living in the real world I am deluded according to some. Thought last year was a fantastic effort and was always going to be hard to sustain. Yes I am disappointed but survival is always our first goal and that is achievable. Yes we were soundly beaten today but Plymouth are a very good team.

Taken them some time to get where they are going and all of a sudden they have a bit of money as they have a Chairman who has put a lot of money into the Club.

Amazing when you talk to the fans of opposing teams and that can't believe how we are even competitive with crowds like we attract,obviously they live in the real world many of who have been to darker places then what we will ever know and know only to well where limited resources are likely to get you.

All this poison is spreading like a virus and that was eve ident today. As I say all I can do is turn up each week hoping that we can turn a corner. As a Supporter that's all I can do and at the seasons end I am confident that we will have acheived the first aim.
matt_drfc

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Like you Matt I have never had expectations of anything else and by living in the real world I am deluded according to some. Thought last year was a fantastic effort and was always going to be hard to sustain. Yes I am disappointed but survival is always our first goal and that is achievable. Yes we were soundly beaten today but Plymouth are a very good team.

Taken them some time to get where they are going and all of a sudden they have a bit of money as they have a Chairman who has put a lot of money into the Club.

Amazing when you talk to the fans of opposing teams and that can't believe how we are even competitive with crowds like we attract,obviously they live in the real world many of who have been to darker places then what we will ever know and know only to well where limited resources are likely to get you.

All this poison is spreading like a virus and that was eve ident today. As I say all I can do is turn up each week hoping that we can turn a corner. As a Supporter that's all I can do and at the seasons end I am confident that we will have acheived the first aim.

Can't disagree with this at all. Admittedly Wayne does get some things wrong, but he is learning like the players we can't afford the finished product be it staff or players. I know we will stay up like you and that is the first aim as you say. Like I said before I'm not 'happy' to finish 22nd but I understand our position compared to other clubs and for me it is the only expectation I have. Anything else is a bonus. I do feel we will turn it around and I'm willing to give the manager the chance to do so. I have said in a previous thread, I do not want Wayne to be sacked but if he was I couldn't argue.
SteveW

redboy wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:That's fair enough, I just don't get too down if we lose to a team I expect to lose against.
I'm sick of hearing people say stuff like this. You sound like someone who's happy to finish 22nd.
I'm sick of hearing people like this who think we have some sort of RIGHT to finish anywhere above 22nd. Where, taking budgets, club size, history or any other measure you can think of do you think we should finish? I mean honestly not with some rose tinted glasses on?
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Like you Matt I have never had expectations of anything else and by living in the real world I am deluded according to some. Thought last year was a fantastic effort and was always going to be hard to sustain. Yes I am disappointed but survival is always our first goal and that is achievable. Yes we were soundly beaten today but Plymouth are a very good team.

Deluded that you think Wayne is the best we can get it afford, every club around has has got rid of their manager and replaced them with someone who has experience. Two years ago Wayne nearly took us down after an awful run this time he will succeed if left in charge.

Any manager that plays three ball players in midfield and leaves Luke Howell on the bench needs his head testing if he thinks that will get us any results in the dog eat dog division.

This season we have had four different left backs and let go Femi who was better then all of them, Why because apprently he did not fit the managers play like Barcelona style, guess what we are not playing in the nou camp and you can't play football like that at this level because the players are not good enough to do it.

Let's talk budgets, Batt is apprently the second highest earner behind Cureton because we had to match his semi pro/job wage hence why he left being a pro football the first time around and yet can't defend. We have gone the route of wasting money on journeymen type players who are just here for a wage like most of the clubs who end up getting relegated do.

Wayne has had two season in charge and part from a couple of months it has been truly woeful. The reality is this we have 6 wins in 21 double that to 12 wins in 42 and we will be staring down the barrel and looking at directions to the crabble.
Dagdale

Just got in, so that's a 50 hour hardly a shut eye in all that time (coaches!) of hate to say it an awful weekend, pending one or two things better which I'll bring in in a moment. Absolutely at loggerheads now why our boys are not playing for so many games with no fire in their bellies and heart. The team let's be honest hasn't changed from this season start too of recent greatly, of course pre season a lot, yet again I don't recall Mc Cormack having to make one really decent save, a half par shot what about 75-80 minutes, we are not sinking we have already sunk! and I keep saying this there's something in between parties that is not functioning and working right, it's just seems a side that's expecting their fate? I love this club like many I know and fans who scroll through these forums, we ,I think have been quite patience, this level there's always going to be some pitfalls but I'm totally frustrated why that halfway through the season it still hasn't been nipped in the bud, after Carlisle and Bury we had hope, now a side that, hate to say this quite a few Conference sides would tan us now. Its just getting hard to watch now, and its on my mind a lot. On a better note those Argyle fans run a fancast, absolutely brilliant,a music group, a comedian and packed to the rathers, a fiver cost, although they only charged me three (May knew what was coming!) and a pastie in with it,had a great time there and really friendly lot, money goes to helping lost finances to the club and everybody in there was true hard core. I think only dagger in there, didn't probably help because of the coach late arrival but one day if we get it right would definitely help our club's resources. Because of 'Black friday' and an almost identical Saturday night the bars, clubs packed and just would have loved to celebrate on a good result but wanted to shoot off early! but couldn't. Anyway really hope we can go forward again, somehow, good Xmas to all.
leewilson

The Christmas period is definitive for Wayne. If he does get the boot, it needs go be with the new manager having the opportunity to make a few changes here and there in the window.

3 of our next 4 games are at home. We simply have to put some points on the board.
Adrian

Just got round to watching the stuff from last nights FLS.

The first goal Saah didn't have a clue where Reid was.
The second goal they showed was something they'd edited in that didn't actually happen right? 2 forwards walking past four defenders like they weren't there. What a joke.
And the third was a penalty Wayne, sorry. It may have been soft but Obileye catches his leg.
Mark

Second goal why on earth is Saah closing the first guy down? Doe can do that but he just leaves his guy in acres. Then Ayo gets caught playing everyone onside. Dreadful.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:Just got round to watching the stuff from last nights FLS.

The first goal Saah didn't have a clue where Reid was.
The second goal they showed was something they'd edited in that didn't actually happen right? 2 forwards walking past four defenders like they weren't there. What a joke.
And the third was a penalty Wayne, sorry. It may have been soft but Obileye catches his leg.
Don't know at what point FLS pick up the move for the second goal. We were going forward and Ayo plays a dreadful ball to Ade and gives the ball away. The second goal was an absolute disaster and killed us.