Brilliant win..and a clean sheet to boot!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Cracking effort from the boys on the pitch today - and credit where credit's due to the staff on the side for trying something different...well done!!

Hopefully we might just be able to put a few more of these type of performances together..so that we can put the appalling last 12 months behind us - and start moving forward as a club.

Long way to go yet, but that's some good effort over the last two matches.

C'mon you Daggers! 8-)
Lcbdagger

To think when we were down we were wondering if Rhys and Zavon would save us... now I can't see how either gets back in for a while

Zavon surely doesn't fit in to the current formation unless he takes Chambers' place at the top of the midfield
Ilford Dagger

A really good result away to a high flying team, Well done the team, keep it up!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

A team of Hereos but two outstanding efforts who stood out like a beacon. Ayo you were again absolutely superb son do not recall you putting a foot wrong in the whole 90 minutes. What a find he took charge of the situation and looked as of he would take it as a personal insult if Bury did hit the net. This kid is a born leader a magnificent performance. Make no mistake we beat a very very good team today who will surely be at the top end of this league at the seasons end.

Them there is Mark Cousins who once again was magnificent. Two superb saves that ok were actually offside but he was not to know it at the time.

Also it can't be understated how Ashley Hemmings used his brains. After getting booked for rather harsly hacking the ball away at the precise moment the referee blew for a handball he did nothing stupid that would have left us in the cart. Their most dangerous players were the wide men.

We'll done Wayne also for making the change at halftime. Ade did Nowt wrong but with the new lad brought on to play slightly wider it dealt with a very live threat and the supply to the wide men was greatly reduced second half with Bury having to play the ball square along out back line to get their wide men involved.

It's been a very hard couple of months but we have come out of it looking like a team.

Absoloute superb and dogid performance. Pride is back in our Club
PaulHornchurch

Agree brilliant win. As mentioned at the game I had £20 on D&R win, both teams to score. Of course we decide to keep a clean sheet. Typical Daggers

See the team have stayed in Manchester, now did Wayne say the couldn't stay if they lost today ????, I've just told the boys to sort out a night out in Plymouth straight away
leewilson

Unpopular opinion. I like Damien Batt. He does have a mistake in him at the back but I'm a sucker for a full/wing back that is confident on the ball going forward and I actually think he's one of the best full backs we've had in terms of attacking. Consistently gets into good positions, has a trick or two and always works a bit of space for a cross. Wing back suits him perfectly as he has the compensation of an extra man back there to help him out whilst it gives him more license to get forward.

When you think about this 3-5-2, would we rather have Porter/Hemmings on the wings with a man less in defence and attack. By taking out both wingers and adding an extra man at the back and up top, it's not made much difference to the wide areas anyway as Hemmings/Batt have arguably more effect now as wing backs than our wingers have had all season. Added to having Obelaye at the back and a Yusuff/Jakubiak type up top with Cureton, is it any wonder we've scored 6 in 2 games.
Adrian

I like Batt as an attacking player in the first half of games. He tends to disappear in the second half though, and defensively he's certainly a little suspect.

I think one of the reasons we've scored a few is that we've stopped mucking around playing slow football that goes nowhere so much. Three of the goals against Carlisle were a result of balls played forward quickly. The first yesterday was a free kick put into the box, where previously it would have been played short to Saah or Boucaud who'd have done nothing with it.
Lcbdagger

We appear to finally be playing in a way and with a team that suits the formation and style... Batt has more support now with 3 central defenders and this allows him to get forward more which is excellent news... certainly can't see Partridge, with his lack out pace out wide on the right again while this formation stays

Cureton, most of new from game one this season, played better with someone up front who could take some pressure off him and provide an outlet for longer balls through the middle or out wide

Labadie, although not amazing is showing that he worth a place in the starting eleven... I always though the Abu/ Howell/ Chambers midfield would stick and he would no time to play this year, especially after Boucard also signed

Interested to see how the new LB fits in as it's a brave manager who drops Hemmings back to the bench or changes back to a natural back four

As said already, well done to the boss for bringing on Jacubiak at half time for Yussuf... it could have back fired spectacularly if he bring him on so early, he offers nothing and they get 1 nil ahead... not convinced we would have even got a point from the game had they gone 1-0 up as they would have settled down in front on goal.

A special mention to Cureton for his goal... at least of five mirror image goals this season... you could watch DVD performances of him as a defender all the time and still not get near him when a game begins with his movement and first touch
Mark

I think Batt's biggest problem is that he thinks he's a lot better than he is. He rarely gets up to a sprint and is incredibly casual at times like he thinks he's above this level. It leads him to make bad decisions which leave us in the hole.

If he just gave it 100% every week and did the basics he'd probably be quite good.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Down 14 places in this weeks forum chart is the Wayne In/Out poll.

Let me get it back on top so it will give you a chance to for some to reconsider the bollocks they have written over the past weeks by simply saying Wayne In in in in
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Down 14 places in this weeks forum chart is the Wayne In/Out poll.

Let me get it back on top so it will give you a chance to for some to reconsider the bollocks they have written over the past weeks by simply saying Wayne In in in in
Why would you want to draw attention to some of the bollocks you've been spouting about him?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Was not me who said he did not have a clue and was anti ally inept.

Was not me who said he had lost the dressing room

It was not me who said he had lost the fans. Everybody was present and correct yesterday those who have at least formed an opinion on Wayne by watching all the games and not half of them.

However it was me that said it would come right.
Lcbdagger

Good Lord Sussex... Two wins in a row?? Come back when it's five in eight out similar abs we are mid table then you can tell us all how he deserves a new contract abs the past twelve months didn't actually happen

Our just come back if we win new year and tell us all he has a 100% record for
    the new calendar year
    hockley dagger

Give the guy credit where credit's due Wayne has taken all this and won two games on the bounce just to get people moaning

Stop talking bollocks about a manager who in his first season finished 9th

Did you see johny Judas do that in his last few years

So just bugger off the bloke

#inwaynewetrust
    Lcbdagger

hockley dagger wrote:Give the guy credit where credit's due Wayne has taken all this and won two games on the bounce just to get people moaning

Stop talking bollocks about a manager who in his first season finished 9th

Did you see johny Judas do that in his last few years

So just bugger off the bloke

#inwaynewetrust
    No need for 'moaning'... just not suddenly decided that all the rest of the c^%p season so far needs to be forgotten based on two wins... where was this formation at the start of the season? He has lucked out finally after a shocking 12 months (not even start to the season, twelve months when you look at home games) and we are still out of the Cup against a terribly poor Conference team... this is ignoring all the random interviews and staff members trying to start fights at matches with fans

This squad was always one with players like Cureton that should be winning games... we need to do it over a three month period now