Peterborough

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
bearaab

So I went to London Road yesterday in the away end. Have to say, wasn't impressed at all. Second to a nearly every ball and made one clear cut chance all game and that was from a set piece. If their form continues then they're ours for the taking.

Orient on the other hand were superb. Vincelot was brilliant and a contender for motm although I think you have to give it to Mooney who was a constant threat. Classic committed Vincelot performance though. Baudry was decent at left back as well, got a decent left foot on him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

The way we are playing I don't fear anybody, all we can do is play with the desire and commitment we have done over the past three months.

Not saying for a minute I expect us to win but like next Saturday I know this group come kick off tome will not roll over and die and will make any team we play work for it.
Mikins

I think this season Orient are going to make everyone look second rate. they've finally clicked and they're going to piss it this season and we'll see what they're made of when they step up to the championship next year. whilst i give them plenty of stick for amusements sake my granddad was a lifelong O's fan so I'm happy to see them going somewhere.

That said Peterborough are not by any means a bad side - if and its a BIG if we get a result, it'll be based on them resting some of their better players for league matches and just giving the bog standard 6 men+5 youth teamers/reserves. with that attitude if we send out a full strength first team who go for the throat we might do exactly what we did to Colchester, catch them unawares and put them to the sword when the opportunity presents itself.
Sorry about your damn luck!
NickMurphy

Think Posh may have been poorer yesterday as they lacked two key players didn't they? Paul Taylor was recalled on loan during the week, and I'm pretty sure one of their players, may have been Lee Tomlin, picked up five yellow cards and was unable to play. Still a brilliant win for Orient, now I'll finally start seeing them as promotion material!
bearaab

Spoke to some Posh and they said they're worse without Tomlin but he would have had to make a huge impact to turn around one of the most one sided games i've ever seen. Assambalonga and Barnett worked hard but got nothing out of the O's defense. Scott Cuthbert was particularly impressive.
DagenHammer87

The question for me isn't if Orient are good enough - they clearly have clicked this season and look as if they are playing some really entertaining stuff...

The problem will be consistency, there's always the early pace setters who appear to steam roll their way through the league before dropping off. If orient can still be in the top 6 come the end of January, they'll do fine. More than likely they'll end up in or around the playoffs. 6th for me.
bearaab

I wouldn't say always, otherwise this video never would have been made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lem8yJ4994c
Dagdale

Crossed my mind too, are the Posh going to put out a top team in this QF? Some sides who do well in their respective leagues find when they start progressing well in 'cup runs' they later start dipping down a bit in the league tables, whoever they field will still be a good test for our boys, and somehow a cold November night in Peterborough sounds good to me. Have not seen the previous two and with nine goals for daggers hope I dont curse it! Really pleased for the 'O's, often bump into Orient fans in our clubhouse coming down to the Vic if their game/s get called off and always seem like 'old skool' guys, and a pleasure to have a drink with, bumped into one on Hitchen station Sunday on way back, said Vincelot's is sensational at the moment, one of their best players. Like to think one day were play them in the league. Barry Hearns is doing a marvelous job over there and kept good faith with Russell Slade especially when times were really going bad.
bearaab

Viking