Cheltenham Statement

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Richie

http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/chelte ... 01752.aspx

The sort of thing a lot of people were asking for from our board. I personally don't see what positive effect it can have but we'll see. Looks pretty ominous for Yates though
speedy

I dont think our board have the balls to make a statement like that, to much power from one man sees to that in my opinion. Not only that, it seems like the Cheltenham chairman also has a bit of a footballing brain.
Mike the Dagger

Richie wrote:http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/chelte ... 01752.aspx

The sort of thing a lot of people were asking for from our board. I personally don't see what positive effect it can have but we'll see. Looks pretty ominous for Yates though
That is pretty much exactly what we need from our board. Something that states that they are aware of the situation, are actually thinking about how things are going and sets some parameters moving forward. From the various snippets we have from Burnett's outpourings all we know is Steve Thompson is a great bloke and no one from the board has actuallly spoken to him about how he's doing.
Dagger83

Wayne is now the 31st longest serving manager. Madness.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
lupins

So clearly we need a 'statement' about at much as a Christmas chocolate teapot
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another one who will no doubt be added to the list as Wayne's successor

Yates is problem is they did not have a goal scorer, The year they made the play offs they had Benson and then had Cureton .
NickMurphy

In the event of Wayne's departure, I wouldn't actually mind Yeats. Think he's been unfairly sacked on the back of a poor run of results, especially given what he's achieved and the status he has at Cheltenham.
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Another one who will no doubt be added to the list as Wayne's successor

Yates is problem is they did not have a goal scorer, The year they made the play offs they had Benson and then had Cureton .
Yates' problem is that he's a massive idiot. I know Wayne hasn't painted himself in the best light of late but Yates' relationship with fans was shocking after talking to a Cheltenham supporting friend. Apparently they haven't really recovered from the season where they were far and away the best, beat us 5-0, looked set to go up and then collapsed over the final 10-15 games and lost in the play offs.

He alienated key players such as Penn and Jombati and has persisted with combinations that don't work such as Taylor and Carter. They did lose a few key men in Pack, Mcglashan etc but he didn't react well in the transfer market either apparently.

Credit to him for initially saving Cheltenham and having a good season off the back of that but there's too many negatives for me. I wouldn't want him in the slightest if Wayne was to depart in the near future.
ARNU

A manager is for 2 maybe 3 seasons really at this level.Yates would be just as good as any.You have to remember in this league we practically get a new team each year,why not do the same with the manager ? A really good manager may last longer but then you get some stale years ala Johny hoof.Being fair to John Still,we'd had enough he'd had enough and just look what a revitalised manager can do with a new project.Waynes done,we all know it.For his own CV he'd be best keep us up but I cant see any renewal of contract unless the board really don't want us to turn up each week forever.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DaggerSince92

ARNU wrote:A son is for 2 maybe 3 seasons really at this level.Yates would be just as good as any.You have to remember in this league we practically get a new team each year,why not do the same with my son? A really good son may last longer but then you get some stale years ala Johny hoof.Being fair to John Still,we'd had enough he'd had enough and just look what a revitalised manager can do with a new project.Waynes done,we all know it.For his own CV he'd be best keep us up but I cant see any renewal of contract unless the board really don't want us to turn up each week forever.
Controversial.
Woodford Dagger

DaggerSince92 wrote:
ARNU wrote:A son is for 2 maybe 3 seasons really at this level.Yates would be just as good as any.You have to remember in this league we practically get a new team each year,why not do the same with my son? A really good son may last longer but then you get some stale years ala Johny hoof.Being fair to John Still,we'd had enough he'd had enough and just look what a revitalised manager can do with a new project.Waynes done,we all know it.For his own CV he'd be best keep us up but I cant see any renewal of contract unless the board really don't want us to turn up each week forever.
Controversial.
What kind of sick bastard changes their own son every couple of seasons.
ARNU

Woodford Dagger wrote:
DaggerSince92 wrote:
Controversial.
What kind of sick bastard changes their own son every couple of seasons.
You are a funny pair.Have either of you ever dressed up as that tomb raider bird??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

DaggerSince92 wrote:
Controversial.

You add a bit of humour to this board dagger92. Got to love an edited post