That interview

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good on him. Nothing he said offended me. Frank and honest,but then again I live in the real world.

He has taken bags and like anything in life if you give it be prepared to take it.

Do agree with Arnu it was probably not the best time to give such an interview. He should do what the legend did and stick up his bag man and wait a few days.

It won't win a Bafta for sure but give us something to talk about until the next defeat as we don't want to talk about anything posative
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Good on him. Nothing he said offended me. Frank and honest,but then again I live in the real world.

He has taken bags and like anything in life if you give it be prepared to take it.

Do agree with Arnu it was probably not the best time to give such an interview. He should do what the legend did and stick up his bag man and wait a few days.

It won't win a Bafta for sure but give us something to talk about until the next defeat as we don't want to talk about anything posative
You keep fighting Sussex, I hope we turn it round and get to mid table by February... sadly it feels like you in the bunker with Hitler on the day of his death, running around telling everyone else not to worry and it will all work out ok in the end
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Good on him. Nothing he said offended me. Frank and honest,but then again I live in the real world.

I'm completely with you Sussex in terms of supporting the manager whilst he's with the club. However, it wasn't so much the way he said things but more 'what' he said. I like the fact he's passionate and wears his heart on his sleeve. It shows he cares and I genuinely think he is working his bollocks off to try and turn this around. Nevertheless, I can't deny that some of the content in that interview was absolute bollocks. The whole attacking deficiency is ridiculous since we've effectively replaced Murphy with Cureton whilst I'd imagine Medy/Chambers have similar stats. Ok, so we don't have a fully fit Zavon Hines. Regardless though, it's the defence that has been the biggest problem and that was the area that wasn't spoken about.

In truth mind, I'm not really fussed what he said and I think some people are missing the point here. This interview was straight after the game. He was probably caught up in a whirlwind of relief at finally winning at home, frustration from why we can't produce that sort of intensity every week and disappointment in the fact that it came to that one game to save his job. His emotions poured out and when that happens, brain and mouth don't always come together as nicely as we hope. He rambled a bit but if anyone is honestly offended/upset by anything he said, then they're far too precious. He made a few heat of the moment comments, it's done, let's move on. Why dwell on it? We've won a home game, let's move on and see if we can nick something at Bury and then win the next home game at Tranmere and start looking up rather than down.
Diggerthedog

He interview has shown him up to be exactly what he is, out of his depth and very unprofessional. Prove me wrong Mr Burnett but after all this nonsense if your contract gets renewed my season ticket does not.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Lcbdagger wrote:

You keep fighting Sussex, I hope we turn it round and get to mid table by February... sadly it feels like you in the bunker with Hitler on the day of his death, running around telling everyone else not to worry and it will all work out ok in the end

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you.
If you can trust yourself when all men ( except SUSSEX) doubt you and make allowance for their doubting to.
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting or being lied about, don't deal in lies or being hated don't give way to hate and yet don't look to good,not talk to wise
If you can dream and not make dreams your master.
If you can think and not make thoughts your aim.
If you can meet triumph and disaster and treat those imposters just the same.
If you can bear to hear the truth you spoken,twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,or watch the things you gave your life to broken and stoop to build up wit worn out tools.
If you can make one heap of all your winnings and risk it on one turn or pitch and toss and lose and start again at your beginnings and never breath a word about your loss
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew to serve you long turn after they are gone and hold on when there is nothing in you accept the will which says to them 'hold on"
If you can talk to crowds and keep your virtue or walk with kings -nor lose the common touch.
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you
If all men count with you,but none to much.
if you can fill the unforgiving (18) minutes with (one thousand and eighty) six second run
Yours is the earth and everything that is in it and -which is more- you will be a man my son.

Knew this bollocks would come in handy one day.
#trustinwayne
Dagger83

Does anyone know who this youth player we sold to a championship Club is? He kept mentioning it but I don't remember hearing anything about it.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
dagger4eva

Youth player sold to reading for five figure fee... think thats what I saw on twitter on something not too long ago
SUSSEX DAGGER

It was Reading. it was not just a fee there was ad dons if the kid makes it.
The idiot who everybody thinks can't Manage is well thought of by Adkins and this is not the only cracking deal he negotiated with them

Remember those two loans last season ? We'll they did not break the bank. Sadly one only lasted 45 minutes the other was better then a slap round the face with a wet fish . Wish we could have got him personally
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:It was Reading. it was not just a fee there was ad dons if the kid makes it.
The idiot who everybody thinks can't Manage is well thought of by Adkins and this is not the only cracking deal he negotiated with them

Remember those two loans last season ? We'll they did not break the bank. Sadly one only lasted 45 minutes the other was better then a slap round the face with a wet fish . Wish we could have got him personally
Yeh, but Adkins was sacked once so by your own logic he's a failure.
Surely the negotiation for transfer fees etc are handled by other people in the club, not the first team manager.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Do agree with Arnu it was probably not the best time to give such an interview. He should do what the legend did and stick up his bag man and wait a few days.
Currie had done a few interviews instead of Burnett hasn't he?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Do agree with Arnu it was probably not the best time to give such an interview. He should do what the legend did and stick up his bag man and wait a few days.
Yes and that's probably the best idea
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Yes and that's probably the best idea
Best idea would be to sack him and get in someone that knows what he is doing on and off they pitch.
Richie

Dagger83 wrote:Does anyone know who this youth player we sold to a championship Club is? He kept mentioning it but I don't remember hearing anything about it.
It was in the Evening Standard a week or 2 back. All part of the EPPP I think, we're a category 3 and they're a 2 so get access to them at a fee.
Dagger Steve

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you. -
If you can trust yourself when all men ( except SUSSEX) doubt you and make allowance for their doubting to.
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting or being lied about, don't deal in lies or being hated don't give way to hate and yet don't look to good,not talk to wise -
If you can dream and not make dreams your master.
If you can think and not make thoughts your aim.
If you can meet triumph and disaster and treat those imposters just the same. -
If you can bear to hear the truth you spoken,twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,or watch the things you gave your life to broken and stoop to build up wit worn out tools.
If you can make one heap of all your winnings and risk it on one turn or pitch and toss and lose and start again at your beginnings and never breath a word about your loss
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew to serve you long turn after they are gone and hold on when there is nothing in you accept the will which says to them 'hold on"
If you can talk to crowds and keep your virtue or walk with kings -nor lose the common touch.
If all men count with you,but none to much.
if you can fill the unforgiving (18) minutes with (one thousand and eighty) six second run
Yours is the earth and everything that is in it and -which is more- you will be a man my son.

Knew this bollocks would come in handy one day.
#trustinwayne

If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you.
don't deal in lies or being hated don't give way to hate
If you can meet triumph and disaster and treat those imposters just the same
lose and start again at your beginnings and never breath a word about your loss
If you can talk to crowds and keep your virtue

Apart from none of the above applying, really apt bit of poetry to choose Sussex me old son ;-)
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:It was Reading. it was not just a fee there was ad dons if the kid makes it.

I would never doubt this fact, but if anything that makes our recent form and comments about 'coming 22nd is fine' all the more ridiculous... we have a squad that is far better than the performances in the league... we could have Lionel Messi brought in by Wayne but if we win 5 Home games in a calendar year that is still shocking and you would expect him gone and to be replaced with someone who can take the decent players and get a winning run going...

The interview will never be the killer blow for him, but when all is going wrong on the pitch, the off pitch issues show he is losing the plot completely