Ade and Ayo

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Cant underplay the important part they played in yesterdays game.

Not only did Ade play a part in two goals he also won a flick on that put JC away for the long overdue penalty. Considering he is not the biggest he seem to get up really well against a defender that had a real height advantage.

How he never got one himself remains a mystery absolutely wiped out by the goalkeeper and right under the nose of the assistant. How clowns like that are ever considered good enough to officiate at a Professional level heavens only knows.

Not telling Wayne how to do his job but he looks different gravy when he has played along JC rather then all alone.

Then there was Ayo who did not seem at all perturbed that this was his senior debut bar a meaningless JPT tie at Sheffield Wednesday taken so seriously taken by his Manager he substituted his Goalkeeper after 2 minutes.

Thought he was solid throughout and is surely going to make it at least at this level if not higher.

Big question if we go back to a back four does he deserve to stay in and who drops out?

That's for another day but our two most inexperienced players shone yesterday and don't think we should underplay the contribution they made.
IanC

here here and ade just shaded my man of the match.Brilliant work all game,and ayo looked comfy and i thought brought the best out of doey and saah.
steeevooo

Agreed on both points Chris - I actually said to people on Saturday that Ayo was my man of the match. He looks so composed and controlled, and he was even giving orders and directions to Saah and Doe at points in the game despite it being, as rightly pointed out, his first competitive professional fixture. I'm loathe to make a judgement after one match, but he looks a promising talent indeed.
matt_drfc

And I believe he is only on a short-term contract at Charlton, so you never know what could happen.
Adrian

I like Yussuff. He's raw, but he keeps it simple and wants to get the ball towards goal rather than going sideways.
It looked to me like he worked well with Cureton against Shrewsbury and Saturday.