Ashley Chambers

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
leewilson

Adrian wrote:I'd say his end product is consistent. It's consistently poor.
Yawn
ARNU

You didn't like Medy either did you ?

Played in the right position hes ok.His end product twice on Saturday rather rubbishes your assertion.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

I would be extremely confused if the manager mentioned that he brought Chambers in to play out wide, what with him predominately playing through the middle for other clubs... I imagine the original plan with his 433 was that the front players would be flexible and could interchange... unfortunately he will never have enough goals to play as a lone front man. I think a 'No 10' role is perfect for him.

Certainly can't cross a ball to save his life, although people last week were implying on another thread that Porter may be our most effective wide player in the squad... so clearly i'm seeing things wrong
Adrian

leewilson wrote:
Yawn
Best I could expect from you really. No respect for others opinions.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:

Played in the right position hes ok.His end product twice on Saturday rather rubbishes your assertion.
His end product on Saturday included passing the ball straight to their keeper and putting a cross into a terrible position.
That rather backs up my assertion. As does what he has done on a fairly consistent basis.
Richie

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:

His end product on Saturday included passing the ball straight to their keeper and putting a cross into a terrible position.
That rather backs up my assertion. As does what he has done on a fairly consistent basis.
I agree. As I said in this thread, he scored twice where he couldn't miss and didn't do much more from what I recall
Diggerthedog

He must have been teleported into those position to score on Saturday, nothing to do with him making decent runs into the box. I like the player when played in the right position like Saturday when he is most effective. If he continues to score and assist as much as he is so far then I'm not sure what all the moaners expect from a player at this level.
Mark

He did well Saturday but let's just see how it goes. He's been pretty dire recently. Hopefully behind the strikers will bring out the best.
leewilson

Adrian wrote:
leewilson wrote:
Yawn
Best I could expect from you really. No respect for others opinions.
Christ you are touchy! :lol:

Are you like this in real life?
Adrian

leewilson wrote:
Christ you are touchy! :lol:

Are you like this in real life?
Christ you are incapable of spotting sarcasm.
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote:He must have been teleported into those position to score on Saturday, nothing to do with him making decent runs into the box. I like the player when played in the right position like Saturday when he is most effective. If he continues to score and assist as much as he is so far then I'm not sure what all the moaners expect from a player at this level.
No one has said he didn't make decent runs into the box. However people do tend to get a little distracted by a player scoring a couple of goals and then think they did more in a game than they actually did.
I like him because he works hard and tends to look to go forward rather than sideways.

The whole "what do you expect at this level" thing is silly. His end product should still be better than it is. I'm not expecting inch perfect crosses.
According to the Assists thread he has 6. That includes stopping a ball rolled slowly to him on Saturday and the one to Labadie against York where he fluffed a pull back to Cureton so badly it was almost funny.

I've said gang I hope the new position brings out more from him, but I'm not sure he deserved singling out for Saturday.
dagger4eva

From: "I think this may just be the least exciting signing we've ever made."

To: "I like him"

A step in the right direction if nothing else

:) :) :)
Don Beech 3

Adrian wrote: However people do tend to get a little distracted by a player scoring a couple of goals and then think they did more in a game than they actually did.
So true and proven by the fact he got the MOM from the text votes (however many of those there actually are).