Daggers vs Carlisle Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
The Romford Dagger

I thought it was a good performance Against an awful side. Didn't think I'd see a worse side visit us after york but Carlisle have proved me wrong.

The players were right up for a huge game. Good atmosphere from us in the sieve as well. After some moaning as it went 1-0, before we kicked off it had gone back to singing again. Quality.
leewilson

Thinking we may have stumbled onto something good with the 3-5-2. The extra CB could be a big help for us considering we are fragile defensively, especially considering the extra CB is big and seemingly very calm. I was mega impressed with him by the way, extend his loan now!

This also allows us to keep the 3 in midfield, playing Chambers in the hole where he is far more effective than he is out wide and also playing a front two which benefits both strikers involved. The width is then provided by Hemmings and Batt who are both better going forward than they are defensively. Bar Batt's shocking header for the first goal, I thought he was very good going forward today and helped make the pitch big as Bingham found him a few times with the crossfield ball.

The one change I would make at Bury perhaps is Ogogo for Labadie who I thought was quiet, but can't fault the set up today. It worked a treat and let's just hope we've found a formula that sees us get results more consistency. If this ends up being the turning point, better late than never.
Mark

I thought labadie played very well first half tbh but he faded. I'd bring Ogogo in for Batt but otherwise keep that team.
bearaab

Ogogo will never play on the right side on a consistent basis at this team ever again. I very much doubt he'll even play the odd game there.
lupins

A good performance played at a high tempo for the most part with no little skill and interplay

I think we are undervalueing the win a little I didn't think Carlisle were the worst side seen this season but like a lot in the Division, good and bad in parts
leewilson

lupins wrote:A good performance played at a high tempo for the most part with no little skill and interplay

I think we are undervalueing the win a little I didn't think Carlisle were the worst side seen this season but like a lot in the Division, good and bad in parts
Agreed. Mansfield and York were far more turgid than Carlisle. They had some good little players but ultimately we defended pretty well for the most part and Yussef, Chambers and Cureton got a lot of joy running against a slowish back line.
Richie

Hard to add anything to the previous posts. Thought the new centre back looked good, a big lump obviously but also a pretty decent footballer when he had time to put his foot on it. Batt and Hemmings got up and down well but Batt still makes too many mistakes for me, would rather Partridge there or even Porter, I'd back him to make a success of it like Hemmings.

Midfield two looked good, am growing to like Labadie, would have him further forward instead of Chambers with Abu back in the midfield two if all were fit and available and we were playing this system. But Yusuff and Cureton were outstanding as a partnership, going to be tough for Murphy to get in on that showing.
ARNU

I don't like waynes tone in that interview.He's clearly having a pop at us.He's also having a go at fans like me who supported him fully for quite a while longer than most too.Im not getting this stuff about Yusseff and Doige either,he's hardly played Doige ,and Yusseff has not been the reason we,ve been shite for the last 10 games either,if anything he won us the game at Accrington and hasn't done much wrong since.It sounded like an angry man feeling sorry for himself.He also sounds like he wants to cry.A little bleat about budget was rather Johny judas-esque too.I have said before,we have some pretty good players,nobodies having a dig at any individual other than the man with the tactics and ridiculous substitutions and hoofing up to midgets lets not forget that ay.One win in 11 is hardly getting yourself off the hook Wayne,if the jobs upsetting you that much go drive a van for a living.I hope we have turned a corner and Id still rather see it work out for Burnett but if you cant take the heat,****** off and let someone else do it.He says he ubnderstands the fans frustration....Does he really ????
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

Agree Arnu. I just don't get that we have won at home and all this nonsense has come out.
The Romford Dagger

I just can't get my head around why he'd have a pop now after we have at last got a home win.

It's like he's saying 'i told you so' to us that he deserved no stick.

Should be inna a good mood but he seems like he's talking to a counselor about the stress.
DI Mike Dashwood

I thought for the first 60 minutes we played really really well. We played football, but we played it with tempo and purpose, that was the difference for me. I thought Yusuff and Cureton were superb for that first hour. After the pen miss I think a bit of mental doubt crept in which is to be expected, but overall it was good. Good atmosphere and a good game.

Interesting what Adrian said about Saah as I was saying before game I am not sure why he always escapes drop, but I actually thought he was ok today. Funny how we see things differently!!! I also thought Labadie was average, gets caught wrong side of play to much and then has to give away silly free kicks. Hopefully Abs injury is not bad and him and Howell will be back to play in there.

All in all though, a good afternoon.
Lcbdagger

Saah hasn't had a real shocker for a while...he does however always look like he will make a mistake at some point in a game... A bit like Partridge with penalties... Certainly not good for the heart rate
Adrian

Lcbdagger wrote:Saah hasn't had a real shocker for a while...he does however always look like he will make a mistake at some point in a game... A bit like Partridge with penalties... Certainly not good for the heart rate
To me, Saah isn't a player that makes big obvious mistakes, like Doe and Partridge have with giving away penalties. He just doesn't get the ball away well when we're under pressure and I do not believe it's coincidence that every partner he's had has struggled with him.
dagger4eva

Well, typically the 1st home game I've missed in god knows how long (not through boycott I want to add) and we turn in an apparently super display.

I obviously cant comment on the game itself but it was for once good to see cureton + 1 - in this case Yusuff upfront & it was also good to finally see that we could build on a lead and make the opposition pay for a change!

On to THE interview - well..... what a load of bilge!!

For the last x number of weeks, he himself has repeatedly said "it's a results business", "we weren't winning enough matches", "the buck stops with me" AND "he understood the fans anger & criticism"....

Yet one, yes just ONE victory he thinks he has the right to laud it like that & stick his fingers up to every single bit of criticism he's had to date.

There was only one bit of the interview I did agree with which is when he said he could win either way when he got stick for ignoring the fans after Luton and then got more stick for going over to the fans after at Southport.

He says Shrewsbury going down to 10 was bad for us but when we went down to 10 vs non league Southport it was the turning point against us.

He says he has a problem with people being "short sighted" and giving him all the stick he's had but this comes also from the same main that absolutely tore a new arsehole in his own players after they BEAT Wycombe at home last season !!!!!!

He says people at the club work tirelessly and yet please can some one correct me if I'm wrong ... and I know this is a bit of a stupid point to make BUT..... isn't that what you all get ******** paid for ???????????????????
I go to work & work tirelessly 5 days a week but I get paid well for it and only consider I do what is expected of me. If I'd produced similar results as WB the last 6 months I would without doubt have been out on my arse!

I digress, there isn't a single supporter of the club (well maybe vindelot) that hasn't wanted WB to succeed and if he remains in his job, something that is out of all of our hands, I continue to hope he succeeds. Maybe he can quit with the childish interviews. A couple more losses vs Bury & Tranmere and the pressure will very firmly be back on.

So a great result yesterday but there is a long, long way to go until we are out of the doo doo!
lupins

Didn't hear the interview and won't be bothering as prefer to remember a good victory but probably wasn't the best from what is reported here.

But most likely if anyone of us received the utter bilge posted here for the last few weeks, as distinct from the reasoned critique, then we too would find it hard not to let out some air