Daggers vs Carlisle Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Interesting starting eleven again today... Are we playing five in defence??
Richie

I've been suggesting either a 5-3-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond for a while with our lack of effective wingers so I hope so!
Lcbdagger

Looks like three natural centre backs playing so cups be...worth a try if short off midfield players.

As an aside... Even against a poor team we are now big second favourites with the bookmakers even at Home... Bigger odds to win today than Southport were to beat us last week!
NickMurphy

Stone me...what a turnaround in a minute.

1-0 down to 2-1 up. Sounds like we deserve it on the radio.
NickMurphy

3-1.

Hope Wayne keeps proving us wrong.
bearaab

Any update on the formation?
Mikins

Sods law I'm laid up in bed and they play like that.

Maybe i'm just cursed, last game I missed was York as well ^_^
Sorry about your damn luck!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I'm off to kneel at Sussex's feet. Wayne in!
Adrian

Carlisle were utterly shocking at the back and very lucky not to end up with 9 men as the defender who gave away the penalty should have and the keeper later took out Yussuf.

3 of our goals can from simply getting the ball forward quickly and not faffing around with it in midfield.

We seemed be trying our hardest to let them back into it again for the end of the game and there were quite a few dodgy defensive moments.
Lcbdagger

The man has balls to pay that formation and start without the likes of Murphy and Boucard... Great result... Only thing I will say after that I'd I don't want to hear anyone bemoaning the quality of the squad if we go five without a win again... The team we have is good enough on their day to get mid table and be nowhere near the bottom. Time to get the consistency to go with today's performance
SUSSEX DAGGER

[quote="Adrian"]Carlisle were utterly shocking at the back and very lucky not to end up with 9 men as the defender who gave away the penalty should have and the keeper later took out Yussuf.

3 of our goals can from simply getting the ball forward quickly and not faffing around with it in midfield.

We seemed be trying our hardest to let them back into it again for the end of the game and there were quite a few dodgy defensive moments.[/

Read your post and flew into a rage. Thinking are like my ex wife give you the Crown Jewels and you would complain about the box they came I .

Then I thought , hang on a minute he is only saying what you were thinking .

Was told by my Skates foes they were the worse team they have seen in years and so they proved.

We let them back into a game by constantly giving the ball back to them.

There only threat was to lump balls into our box. The easiest way to prevent this was obviously not to keep giving the ball to them which we did. a great performance but our decision making at time was poor.

How we never got at least one more penalty lords knows.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
Adrian wrote:Carlisle were utterly shocking at the back and very lucky not to end up with 9 men as the defender who gave away the penalty should have and the keeper later took out Yussuf.

We seemed be trying our hardest to let them back into it again for the end of the game and there were quite a few dodgy defensive moments.[/

Read your post and flew into a rage. Thinking are like my ex wife give you the Crown Jewels and you would complain about the box they came I .

Then I thought , hang on a minute he is only saying what you were thinking .

Was told by my Skates foes they were the worse team they have seen in years and so they proved.

We let them back into a game by constantly giving the ball back to them.

There only threat was to lump balls into our box. The easiest way to prevent this was obviously not to keep giving the ball to them which we did. a great performance but our decision making at time was poor.

How we never got at least one more penalty lords knows.
It was a good result but Im not going to pretend it was a perfect performance.
If the penalty goes in we probably stick another couple past them.
It's missed they go up the other end and the undroppable Brian Saah gives away a stupid free kick in a stupid position and they're half back into it.

Every other defender we have has been dropped, its time that Saah was. He causes a lot of the problems with not getting the ball clear.

For me Yussuff and Cureton work well as a pair, and not having Boucaud helped us. Chambers took his goals well, but his final ball is non-existent.

We should have had one more penalty, but that was it.
bearaab

bearaab wrote:Any update on the formation?
Lcbdagger

To be fair on the 'letting them in to the game' comments... it was obvious at 4-2 that we fell back to the usual 'Christ they may get back in to this' routine... that squad on a winning run with decent Home form would have scored a couple more and seen the game off far easier second half. Very, very poor side but a win i a win
matt_drfc

Really enjoyed that, very good result and not at bad performance, we found their weaknesses and exploited them. Was especially good given that we went 1-0 down, would have been easy for heads to drop but the players really seemed up for it, something I haven't seen in a while. Not reading too much into us dropping off late on, it's understandable nerves considering most games this season. Consistent wins and the nerves go out of the window, hopefully today gained some much needed confidence both on and off the field. Cureton was fantastic and I'm glad chambers went in the number 10 role, he was a good link between midfield and forwards. Happy Matt :D