Goldberg

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Gone on Loan to Bristol Rovers... Interesting move as he's probably gone to abigger team, in better form than us at the moment!Good to see someone take a punt on him who isn't at the bottom of the Conference though
dagger4eva

I really, really hope he goes there & bangs in a hatful for them & actually I expect he will!

Even still it probably wouldn't prompt our current management into giving the lad a PROPER chance- i.e. more than the final 5-10 minutes of a game we are chasing!

I firmly believe he will be the next Paul Benson / Dwight Gayle - lets hope he just isn't one we let go stupidly before he makes it into that player !
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:I really, really hope he goes there & bangs in a hatful for them & actually I expect he will!

Even still it probably wouldn't prompt our current management into giving the lad a PROPER chance- i.e. more than the final 5-10 minutes of a game we are chasing!

I firmly believe he will be the next Paul Benson / Dwight Gayle - lets hope he just isn't one we let go stupidly before he makes it into that player !
Another Tomlin runs around a lot. Will always score goals in the ESC and may be Conference lesser lights but think you are going to be disappointed.

Tuesday he came on and once again errrr ran around a lot.
dagger4eva

As I said:

He's made just 5 league appearances in total this season and would hazard a guess that his total playing time is under an hour!

We (I think) have been behind in every occasion that he was brought on and what with the game being "chased" & the way we provide 'service' to our forwards' - it isnt surprising imo that he has HAD to run around a lot !

He has proven himself to be much more prolific in front of goal than Tomlin ever was prior to joining us so I don't think it's an accurate comparison.

Time will tell but I think you will be the disappointed one my dear friend :lol:
Last edited by dagger4eva on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:As I said:

He's made just 5 league appearances in total this season and would hazard a guess that total playing time in under an hour!

We (I think) have been behind in every occasion that he was brought on and what with the game being "chased" & the way we provide 'service' to our forwards' - it isnt surprising imo that he has HAD to run around a lot !

He has proven himself to be much more prolific in front of goal than Tomlin ever was prior to joining us so I don't think it's an accurate comparison.

Time will tell but I think you will be the disappointed one my dear friend :lol:
I can assure you my friend I have had bigger disappointments
dagger4eva

Yes likewise ... obviously! You was the 1st to mention being disappointed though ........ ;)
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Yes likewise ... obviously! You was the 1st to mention being disappointed though ........ ;)
Bitch :lol:
Lcbdagger

Stick the boy up front in a proper two man attack with a target man and he will score...
Mike the Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote:Stick the boy up front in a proper two man attack with a target man and he will score...
Coming up with dangerous tactical thoughts of your own, like actually playing two forwards, tut tut.

Next thing you will be suggesting we defend properly at corners as well.
Chigwellian

Lcbdagger for manager..... yesssss
leewilson

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:I really, really hope he goes there & bangs in a hatful for them & actually I expect he will!

Another Tomlin runs around a lot. Will always score goals in the ESC and may be Conference lesser lights but think you are going to be disappointed.

Tuesday he came on and once again errrr ran around a lot.
Craig Mackail Smith also run around a lot as an impact sub when he joined us back in 2004 (****** me, 10 years ago now) and kept making 10-15 minute sub appearances as John Taylor got tired late on in matches. When Taylor had to retire through injury, CMS was thrown in and thankfully he turned out to be more than alright. It made me think actually whether CMS would have got that momentum and got the move to Peterborough etc had this not happened as Still was very happy with a Taylor/Moore partnership at the start of the season and CMS was the inexperienced lad to come on and get in behind tired legs late on. Thankfully he got his chance and blossomed. Goldberg may well flop as far as I know but he needs a run of games to get his teeth into before we brand him 'a runner'. Of course he's going to run when he comes on, he's trying his hardest to stand out in what are minor cameos every other month or so.
Kevin

leewilson wrote:Craig Mackail Smith also run around a lot as an impact sub when he joined us back in 2004 (****** me, 10 years ago now) and kept making 10-15 minute sub appearances as John Taylor got tired late on in matches. When Taylor had to retire through injury, CMS was thrown in and thankfully he turned out to be more than alright. It made me think actually whether CMS would have got that momentum and got the move to Peterborough etc had this not happened as Still was very happy with a Taylor/Moore partnership at the start of the season and CMS was the inexperienced lad to come on and get in behind tired legs late on. Thankfully he got his chance and blossomed. Goldberg may well flop as far as I know but he needs a run of games to get his teeth into before we brand him 'a runner'. Of course he's going to run when he comes on, he's trying his hardest to stand out in what are minor cameos every other month or so.
^^^^This^^^^

We need to have some other options in attack.

Unless Cureton is a cyborg from the future, complete with a metal endoskeleton, I just can't see a 39 yr old (however skilful he is) being available for an entire season.

Murphy has been out for the best part of a year, so it would also be asking a lot for him to go injury-free from now on.

Unfortunately, as we've been on an abysmal run for a year now, there's never been a "good" time to bring any of these unproven chaps on. As mentioned earlier, by always coming on when we're chasing a game, they're on a bit of a hiding to nothing.
Richie

Goldberg would be fifth choice for me, behind Murphy, Cureton, Doidge and Yusuff (In that order).

Loan move would appear to be a good move for all parties
TheLion

I think Goldberg will be another player that will embarrass us with his progress when he departs.

Play him with a big forward alongside and he will score.

20 odd goals in the Conference South last season was good going and I am sure he will score for Bristol Rovers.

He has the knack of scoring pretty special goals, a rarity for us.

He seemed to fall into the category of not being wanted by the current management, and never given a decent run of whole games, even though I believe the current management gave him a two year contract?

Others seem to get full games regardless of how bad they seem to us.