LEFT BACK OR NO LEFT BACK

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
nomis

What with this forum being very active in the last few days ....I thought id remind any WB fans out their of our current defensive problem

I will openly admit that I don't thing WB can man manage

Point proven with the position of left full back

What the hell is going on ?

Femi...... is released due to our manager continually slagging off the player openly for all to see
Thats bad man management to start with
You do it behind closed doors

Conners.....I will openly say that I personally don't rate the young lad and aint ready for first team football

Green.....From what I've seen he's the best option available and looks like he should be playing as first choice

Partridge....Very good at playing a nice through ball over the top for strikers to run on to but lacks a lot of pace for this position

Batt....ok defender but again not a natural left back

Hemmings.....Very good winger who's being asked to play at left full back

Where do I start

Suppose the easiest way to work this one out is that WB is a Conners man and young Jack has ****** up week after week but kept the shirt until eventually even WB thought he was due a slot on the bench

The natural replacement is Green and although a bit raw looks better than Conners. First time I witnessed him was Portsmouth Away and was impressed

Partridge is a player I like and when WB dropped him recently I thought OMG....what has the poor lad done or said to upset said manager

Hemmings......I personally liken him to Hines and on his day is a very good player .....Not a full back though

At the end of the day WB has really proved his worth of being an utter prick and not only can he destroy a players confidence but he holds a personal grudge
He can't accept any constructive criticism and really needs to admit and hold his hand up and say he can't cope with the role of manager

As soon as Femi was released we were always gonna struggle with not replacing and making Conners first choice

Any thoughts guys apart from the obvious by getting rid of WB
The Romford Dagger

1) CAPITALS? ;)
2) Agree poor man management with femi
3) Also think that Green has looked good and can even come forward on the overlap.
4) Hemmings has done well at left back but why is he even there? He should be as a left midfielder or a right midfielder as he's one of our better attacking options.
5) Burnett, if he isn't sacked, needs to start to work out what his best team actually is. He releases our best left back after slauughtering him publicly, finally takes connors out of his misery, then plays HIS own signing in Green but drops him for one of our best wingers even though they've both done well in their natural positions. Mind boggles
matt_drfc

It was said in another thread that Green picked up a knock and Connors was away with Ireland, so yeah, that's it really.
Richie

Connors is our best option IMO - Went through a bad patch granted but I'd get him back in the side