Your Not Alone Wayne

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Funny how things change is it not. Wayne is not the only one to go from Hero to a Mug in 4 months.

The Fish Fiddlers were lording Andy Awful after he saved them last season, tonight after being knocked out the Cup by a non League team for the first time in their history he is getting buckets of crap thrown over him.

Just goes to prove how fickle fans are.

There was one caller who hit it on the head. Our Team play in the lowest tear, the players play at this level for a reason. In the majority of cases they are not good enough to play higher. There is the odd exception but on the whole this is an inescapable fact.

So as supporters we have two options stick with it and support your Club or IF You cant accept that fact clear off and go and watch Chelsea.

Here I was thinking they are were all knuckleheads.
mickeyblue

pretty certain a certain villa boas got plenty of stick from chelsea fans mate.

daggers always be my club, the manager will not!

time 4 a change every knucklehead can see that
but we finished 9th!
daggersjeff

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: There was one caller who hit it on the head. Our Team play in the lowest tear, the players play at this level for a reason. In the majority of cases they are not good enough to play higher. There is the odd exception but on the whole this is an inescapable fact.

Most of our players are not good enough to play at this level, let alone higher. However, if the manager cannot get them to play for him, then he is obviously not good enough for this level.

Anything less than 3 points on saturday, and I feel he should do the honourable thing.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Funny how things change is it not. Wayne is not the only one to go from Hero to a Mug in 4 months.
I know you won't accept the truth of it, but there were plenty of our supporters that weren't taken in like you were by last seasons finish.
He was a only a hero in the eyes of a few.

He certainly does seem to be thought of as a mug by the majority now though.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Funny how things change is it not. Wayne is not the only one to go from Hero to a Mug in 4 months.
I know you won't accept the truth of it, but there were plenty of our supporters that weren't taken in like you were by last seasons finish.
He was a only a hero in the eyes of a few.

He certainly does seem to be thought of as a mug by the majority now though.
Plenty of his peers were though who nominated him for recognition at the LMA awards. All People who make their living at the game, are they all deluded mugs ?

League table don't lie after 46 games.

Still waiting to hear of a viable alternative, nobody has come up with anybody who has not been shown the door elsewhere for being a failure often with bigger budgets then what they will get here.
nomis

As much as I can see your passion for our manager Sussex, you need to get real now

Yes I agree with your comments regarding last season and also what other manager can replace him etc

The thing is he has lost complete and utter respect from various quarters with his handling of players

If a player ****** up and makes a poor decision you don't throw your toys out of the pram and drop them only to replace that player who died the same thing then this cycle repeats itself to a point where the players must be well pissed off

The only solution is hard work on the training pitch to resolve the problem / matter

Week in week out WB gives his after match interview to say that he can't legislate for individual errors blah blah blah and we have to be better and have to win the next game

This is getting very boring now and the buck DOES LIE WITH HIM and something has to give

If WB can't stop players making mistakes week in week out and our team conceding late goals costing us vital points then we have to replace him Sussex regardless of who is available

WB has had his chance to eradicate this but just keeps spilling off the same verbal shit every week

I honestly believe and this is my own personal opinion that WB does not know how to manage players correctly coupled into that his team selections / tactics are strange to say the least and hence we are sitting third from bottom of league 2 and rapidly in free full

Its heart breaking to see all this happening at our club and I've been watching since 1980 .....

The board need to grow some bollocks and firstly deal with the MH unacceptable behaviour on Tuesday night

What I found really insulting is that without us the supporter there would be no Dagenham & Redbridbe
We are their bread and butter and they should be addressing these concerns sooner rather than not at all

I like many other supporters probably feel the same and at my lowest point as a supporter
The atmosphere stinks at the moment and if I'm honest its been festering in the background for sometime and its only now that supporters are reacting quite rightly by voicing their concerns

No one whoever they are from the club be it on the board or coaching staff / players etc can behave like MH did and therein lies the problem with the current set up

The coaching staff can't take any critiscm and won't listen
WB continues to say we need to be better but the truth is he needs to be better

The sooner this situation is resolved the better but if the board decide to do nothing and continually ignore us supporters then they are not worth being on the board in the first place

Wheres the backbone for god sake

After all that I've just said here I'm predicting that WB remains in charge and were playing Conference Football next Season but they will be with one less supporter as I won't be bothering

Why should I care as the board don't give a ****** anyway
SUSSEX DAGGER

I understand your frustration Nomis and perhaps my loyalty to the Man in Charge is stubborn.

Can I refer you to another post in another thread where I have posted quotes made by the Management following a Home defeat to Shrtewsbury in 2011.A game we lost in similar circumstances to this year.

You will amazed at some the similarities in the answer given to orchestrated questions.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Oh and a Cup Exit to lower ranked opponents is an embarrassment just ask supporters of Portsmouth, Southend, Morecambe and Exeter.

Anybody want to add these obvious failures to the list.
dagger4eva

Did any of Portsmouth, Southend et al start bemoaning their budgets levels after their defeats?

Did the ******, and ill tell you why, because a DECENT manager shouldnt need to!
Football matches are won with hard work, heart, talented players and good management.
It seems to be we have sufficient levels of the 1st 3 requirements but are lacking severely in the latter!

That is why we lost tuesday and thats why we've been losing repeatedly week after week.

And thats why a decent management set up could work with these players, sort them out, organise them correctly and turn this awful tide of results around!

You like a quote Sussex so heres one for you.
WB has been saying for weeks on end now "I need to win football matches & if I dont I wont be here anymore"
Weeks on weeks we have carried on losing the matches but yet he still remains... and that stinks !!
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
True, it said that it was a very poor division with three or maybe four teams way ahead of the pack, and that we were 9th by the skin of our teeth, miles short (12 points) of the playoffs. As noted many times, no pinball Howell goal v Oxford and no dopey OG by Cheltenham on the last day, and we finish 16th, which was more realistic. I said all this at the time.

The biggest issue is we have such poor home form and have since we won the Wycombe game last November, and that this season we can't hold a lead. The FA Cup defeat to an average to poor Conference side in Southport on Tuesday was just the final straw, most likely costing us the cash that would have made next season a chance to rebuild whether we survive or not.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Mike the Dagger wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
True, it said that it was a very poor division with three or maybe four teams way ahead of the pack, and that we were 9th by the skin of our teeth, miles short (12 points) of the playoffs. As noted many times, no pinball Howell goal v Oxford and no dopey OG by Cheltenham on the last day, and we finish 16th, which was more realistic. I said all this at the time.

The biggest issue is we have such poor home form and have since we won the Wycombe game last November, and that this season we can't hold a lead. The FA Cup defeat to an average to poor Conference side in Southport on Tuesday was just the final straw, most likely costing us the cash that would have made next season a chance to rebuild whether we survive or not.
For every bit of good luck we had some bad ,the Goal that was not given against Fleetwood, the offside decision given against Lawson D'ath at Oxford when he was away and clear on goal, Oxford score from the resulting free kick in the last minute. The woeful Penalty miss at Chesterfield by Zav when he slipped. Where do you stop ?
Mike the Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
For every bit of good luck we had some bad ,the Goal that was not given against Fleetwood, the offside decision given against Lawson D'ath at Oxford when he was away and clear on goal, Oxford score from the resulting free kick in the last minute. The woeful Penalty miss at Chesterfield by Zav when he slipped. Where do you stop ?
Yep, and allegedly luck evens itself out over a season etc, etc, however 9th on 60 points in itself was an anomoly. The previous season with the same record we would have been 14th.

So, the list of evidence:

- 4 wins at home since the ill judged public rant at the team after we beat Wycombe on 30th November 2013, including friendlies and cup matches - not good enough
- 18 points lost from winning positions in League Two in 17 games - not good enough
- losing to an average to poor team from the division below in the FA Cup when it was vital to the club to win - not good enough
- Indisipline from players and staff - not good enough
- 22nd and plummeting in League Two in November - not good enough
- having no idea what his best team is despite them being "his players" by now - not good enough
SUSSEX DAGGER

You cant be without Players who scored a third of your Goals last season and created half as many again and not have an effect.

Liverpool prove this and we aint bloody Liverpool.
Lcbdagger

Dare I ask Sussex, but as a fairly simple question, not aimed to antagonise... where do we need to be for you to be on the 'manager needs to go side of the fence'? Genuine question as I can't see, genuinly what you feel we need to be doing barring actually being relegated in the Summer... by which time the manager will presumably just run down his contract...

After not one but two shockers against a terrible non-league team (not interested in the sending off in game two) and poor Home for for a calendar year now, at what point will you change sides? Stubborn or not there has to be a red line somewhere... when we reach 24th in the league? No Home win before christmas? The next time staff attempt a punch up with fans after a game?
ARNU

Nobody is saying Wayne aint a nice guy (Im sure a few players old and present have a voodoo doll of him full of pins and the head missing mind),I don't think anyone is saying Wayne isn't trying his hardest either.I feel sorry for Wayne now and clearly so does Sussex.But you have to seriously have a look at the pro's and cons of replacing the man.I don't think he can change this all around.Whilst being more than possible mathematically to finish top half realistically I don't think he can even keep us up now.Too much has gone on behind the scenes and we've all forgotten what a win looks like.He has to go and be fair,we have to sack him.Im sure if he resigns it is financially punishing for him and adds extra embarrassment to his CV.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !