So, If It Happens

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DI Mike Dashwood

So if Wayne is given the boot or resigns (either tomorrow or on Sunday) then who will we get in.

Not saying who I want, but who will we go after. I would say it will come from:

Steve Tilson
Martin Ling
Kenny Brown
Tony Roberts

Any other viable candidates??
Diggerthedog

Burton got jimmy Floyd who's to say we can't get someone like that? James Beattie?
DaggerSince92

Paul Sturrock for me.
DI Mike Dashwood

Mmmm, sorry to burst your bubble but our finances mean we won't be getting anyone like that. Other clubs break the bank, rightly or wrongly, to get players or managers in, and we, rightly or wrongly, don't and so I think people need to be realistic about who it will be.
dagger4eva

People say who can we get BUT the fact is, we are still, JUST a Football league club.

There WILL be plenty of decent & experienced managers who would relish a crack at sorting us out and being the next daggers legend.

A la Jimmy Floyd @ Burton, for some managers, the money is not their objective. I believe he has signed up at £40k per week.

As a sort of London based, football league club we SHOULD have them queuing up to manage us!
Dagdale

I'd love James Beattie to jump in, I don't exactly know why he left Stanley but he, after a pretty dismal start was beginning to set them up quite well and done some really generous things for good causes connected in and around Stanley, also I think he'd 'become a good dagger'.
Diggerthedog

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:Mmmm, sorry to burst your bubble but our finances mean we won't be getting anyone like that. Other clubs break the bank, rightly or wrongly, to get players or managers in, and we, rightly or wrongly, don't and so I think people need to be realistic about who it will be.
Bet jimmy is on less then the £100k a year we were paying Still.
DI Mike Dashwood

40k per week or per year D4E??
matt_drfc

dagger4eva wrote:People say who can we get BUT the fact is, we are still, JUST a Football league club.

There WILL be plenty of decent & experienced managers who would relish a crack at sorting us out and being the next daggers legend.

A la Jimmy Floyd @ Burton, for some managers, the money is not their objective. I believe he has signed up at £40k per week.

As a sort of London based, football league club we SHOULD have them queuing up to manage us!
That's a lot
leewilson

Sammy McIlroy. But I doubt he'll come down this way.

Realistically, Martin Ling all day long.
dagger4eva

HA HA yeah £40k per YEAR

OOPS
TheLion

DI Mike is right, we are nearly potless and Thommo knows this fact only too well.
The Romford Dagger

How good would it be if Tony Roberts was coming out the tunnel as our new manager on Saturday... Very unlikely though
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:How good would it be if Tony Roberts was coming out the tunnel as our new manager on Saturday... Very unlikely though
If it was possible to have negative percentages, that's how unlikely it is lol.
dagger4eva

Ok so based on actual gate figures we are within the 3 smallest in the division.
But, how many other clubs have made the small fortunes weve made on transfer fees and sell on fees as us?????? Bet we are in the top 3 in the divison in that regard yet its never mentioned is it.... funny that hey!!!!!