So, If It Happens

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

dagger4eva wrote:Sorry mate..

But to copy someone else's joke ...

U lost me at "win saturday"
Be looking for you Saturday when we sluce up
dagger4eva

I wont be there saturday and thats nothing to do with boycotts or the sort. I just have genuine other plans. Feel free to reconvene on here after the game though :) :)
SUSSEX DAGGER

Of course We will. Look mate we all have different views some more outrageous then others but we do need a bit of a laugh to cheer us all up .

Bloody hell watching football is after all meant to be an enjoyable past time.
mickeyblue

Thats the prob mate losing every week is ******** not enjoyable

Whatever the result get rid
Remaining part of contracts will not skint us just put a dent in future loans
but we finished 9th!
daggersjeff

leewilson wrote: Realistically, Martin Ling all day long.

Not sure I'd want a manager here with a history of depression, although he'd sit well with a lot of our fans :lol:
Adrian

ARNU wrote:When Stilly went on that monumental losing streak he had excuse after excuse,at least WB has largely spared us that.I mean he hasn't wittered on about injuries,suspensions ,having no money etc etc....The club were happy to accept a tally of about 4 points out of 50 something for Johny Judas.Burnetts got a way to go yet to be that bad.
Under Johnny Judas we didn't exit the FA Cup to a team from the division below.
Under Johnny Judas we didn't get told that being down to 10 men gave the opposition an advantage.

What injuries has Burnett really had to complain about? A few minor knocks here and there. That's been it.

Instead we've had the excuse of "individual mistakes" (how often does the same individual have to make the same mistake before you have to accept that they're just not good enough?) and the constant "we have to be better at home next week" followed by another capitulation.
SUSSEX DAGGER

No he put his bag carrier up to do his bidding.

Following a defeat at home to Shrewsbury November 5th 2011 in similar circumstances in that we played ten men for a large period of the game.

The following quotes were contained within the post match interview held with Terry Harris

"mistakes continue"

"lack of concentration"

"forever chasing the game and not giving ourselves a chance"

"causing our own problems"

" thought Femi was fantastic at Centre half " killer that one

Four days later when he finally faced the Camera, remember this was four days later not four minutes after the game and Three days before we played Bath in the FA Cup.

"poor defending"

"overall defending was poor"

"despite all the Coaching and hard work done in training it is not organisational its been poor individually"

"listen we have to find a way forward and we have to start by not giving away soft goals ,

We then failed to beat Bath at home and were only a width of a goalpost from losing the replay when we were totally outplayed for the entire Second half. We had to rely on a very generous decision by the Officials to win that tie and get out of jail.

Wayne learnt a lot from the master in more ways then one did he not. It may be wise however to wait a few days before giving his views with the questions being orchestrated by a Club employer rather then a free press.

Adrian you appear to suffer from that very common condition Selective Amnesia.
Hardy1

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:
ARNU wrote:When Stilly went on that monumental losing streak he had excuse after excuse,at least WB has largely spared us that.I mean he hasn't wittered on about injuries,suspensions ,having no money etc etc....The club were happy to accept a tally of about 4 points out of 50 something for Johny Judas.Burnetts got a way to go yet to be that bad.
Stop it Arnu you must not refer to that period ,you are on the verge of spoiling a good hounding. It was 4 points out of 57 which I and a few others who expressed opinions last night watched every one of. Now that truly was shocking but never a hint of the Manager losing the Dressing Room.

At least the Manager had the grace to come and speak to us last night we were not told to basically do one if we did not like it.
I think that the dressing room lost John Still hence why he jumped when a bigger club with more ambition came in for him.
Hardy1

daggersjeff wrote:
leewilson wrote: Realistically, Martin Ling all day long.

Not sure I'd want a manager here with a history of depression, although he'd sit well with a lot of our fans :lol:
Have you never suffered a bout of depression? Cannot see why it would be a problem if he has the required knowledge and nous to move the team forwards again.
Mike the Dagger

Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:
What injuries has Burnett really had to complain about? A few minor knocks here and there. That's been it.
Errr Zavon Hines and Rhys Murphy....
The Romford Dagger

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:
Was just about to say this... Probably 2 of our best 3 players from last season missing for virtually the entirety of this season. Quite major injuries really Adrian. Add to that the little injuries for bingham and howell etc every few weeks and it IS an injury list. I agree he shouldn't keep making excuses but he makes half the amount we saw from Still.

Only problem I have with him is his managerial ability. Not his excuses or personality, just the seemingly poor man management he has (only going from the femi situation last season and binghams desire to leave)
Dagger83

But he did re-sign Hines knowing he was a long term absentee. Admittedly he's out for longer than originally anticipated but thought at the time it was a risk not worth taking.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Oh come on when you lose two Players who scored a third and created god knows how many of your entire goal tally it should not be a problem.

They are available as freely as successful Managers who have never failed.
Adrian

Mike the Dagger wrote:
Adrian wrote:
ARNU wrote:
Ok, I meant this season and in that case he can't really complain about missing two players that he knew were going to be long term absentees to start with.
And given that he knew they'd be out could he not have made a better attempt at covering them?
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:No he put his bag carrier up to do his bidding.

Following a defeat at home to Shrewsbury November 5th 2011 in similar circumstances in that we played ten men for a large period of the game.

The following quotes were contained within the post match interview held with Terry Harris

"mistakes continue"

"lack of concentration"

"forever chasing the game and not giving ourselves a chance"

"causing our own problems"

" thought Femi was fantastic at Centre half " killer that one

Four days later when he finally faced the Camera, remember this was four days later not four minutes after the game and Three days before we played Bath in the FA Cup.

"poor defending"

"overall defending was poor"

"despite all the Coaching and hard work done in training it is not organisational its been poor individually"

"listen we have to find a way forward and we have to start by not giving away soft goals ,

We then failed to beat Bath at home and were only a width of a goalpost from losing the replay when we were totally outplayed for the entire Second half. We had to rely on a very generous decision by the Officials to win that tie and get out of jail.

Wayne learnt a lot from the master in more ways then one did he not. It may be wise however to wait a few days before giving his views with the questions being orchestrated by a Club employer rather then a free press.

Adrian you appear to suffer from that very common condition Selective Amnesia.
I'm not sure not remembering something from 3 years ago that I'd never read/listened to would be considered amnesia.
If you want a case of selective amnesia, take a look at your amnesia around the achievements of John Still when you're slating him.

I note that this quotes didn't contains anything quite as magnificently stupid as claiming being down to 10 men was an advantage for the team with 10 men. Nor is there any slating of a young player, or labelling a group if players as stupid. All things your hero has managed.