So, If It Happens

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Wayne Burnett cos it won't happen.
NickMurphy

I'd have Ling personally. Not just local but fairly proven at this level.
SUSSEX DAGGER

I want Wayne Burnett but will obviously support whoever is in the Managers chair ecxcept somebody who is available and not been mentioned Ritchie Barker..

Please please save us from that dipstick
ARNU

There wouldn't be much trouble getting candidates who'd relish the chance but please don't give it to a Daggers legend like Robbo.We need somebody serious not a court jester.I love the guy but please.All this talk of Mark Arber makes me laugh as well,hasn't got the temperament to have such responsibility.Probably would want to fight us all outside if we dared have a go on a bad day.West ham fans wanted Di Canio..classic mistake that would have been.Great player terrible manager football is littered with experiments like that where they bring in a legend from yestayear and he duly ****** up.

Wasn't it York city before they came back up had 170 applicants for the job after 1 unsuccessfull season recently.There'd be no trouble getting another manager.I just don't think Dave the plumber or any of them would know a decent one when they saw it.

Sturrock would be worth a punt.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DagenHammer87

Alan Devonshire of Braintree Town.

I know Paul Brush is still doing some work at Spurs, lives quite locally and could be available. Obviously then there is Ling as well.

I think Sturrock wouldn't offer that long term thing that the board seem to like. Sort of the equivalent of Martin Allen who would be like a whirlwind through this horrible lot.

We've sort of become that dogshit "nice" kind of club, perennially at the bottom end of the league, pick up just enough points per season. A bit like Lincoln City the year we beat them at Sincil Bank and went on a little cup run.

They're nice, haven't been back since mind.
Lcbdagger

Would re-mortgage my property on the current management team lasting the season sadly
Mike the Dagger

Andy Scott?
The Romford Dagger

Maybe we can tempt Fergie out of retirement. I heard he has always dreamed of managing the likes of Rhys Murphy and Jamie Cureton...
Mick

David Beckham would be good.
Localish lad done good.
Would bring a few more supporters to the ground.
But seriously, our players are better than our current position. Any experienced manager would do better than our current management team.
Scoffer

With one exception, the most succesful managers of Dagenham & Redbridge have been reappointments. John Still, previously manager of Leytnstone/Ilford and Redbridge Forest and then a previous D&R manager, and Ted Hardy, previously manager of Dagenham, several times, and Leytonstone. The one exception? Garry Hill. Just a thought.
DI Mike Dashwood

I would have Garry back if it was felt right for/by him and also the Board felt it was right for the Club. Would others?? I know they say never go back, but as someone said, good job we didn't stick to that with Stilly.
matt_drfc

With all the black players we have the club? Would be interesting.
Hardy1

I doubt he will leave a side five places below us in the pyramid. And I dont think any of their non white players are having any issues with him in charge either.
Kevin

I believe my next door neighbours cat is available.

No guarantees that he'd do any better than the current incumbent, but could be relied on to match what's currently going on by not doing an awful lot other sticking his arse up in the air..
Pete42

How about Jamie Cureton taking the reins on a temporary basis as Player/Manager? Financially it would make sense and I think all the players would respect his judgement on football matters.