Southport replay match thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Daggyjack wrote:The team, manager and club as a whole at the moment are a disgrace.
The players and manager should be ashamed and are not fit to wear the shirt.
Wayne has to be sacked or resign. If this happens and we get in the right man (whoever that is), there is still hope. If not, we will be playing Southport twice again next season.
Completely fed up with this season's events.
I would laugh but they may yet go down themselves!!
DI Mike Dashwood

He sounds like a broken man on that audio interview. Didn't offer any excuses (finance was mentioned briefly I guess) but he doesn't sound like he has the answers either to be honest.
dagger4eva

I think thats the most worrying thing dashers.

We hear the same things, week in and week out but never actually any solutions as to what may be done to get out of this shit.

I stand to look like a fool come may BUT at this point feel only a managerial change is the thing that can turn things around now
Dagdale

From that interview with Stu sounds as if (although our board may not think so) that Saturday's massive game and the result that follows through is where his feat lies. Must admit IF this does come off and turn our season around really hope we can unite our club stronger in all departments and learn from it.
dagger4eva

The funniest thing about that interview is when he said "people need to look at the bigger picture and hopefully see that we are moving in the right direction.

If going out of every cup at 1st time of asking, sitting 3rd bottom of the league and plummeting fast and have an assistant kicking off with loyal away fans is the RIGHT direction, then god help us
Adrian

dagger4eva wrote:The funniest thing about that interview is when he said "people need to look at the bigger picture and hopefully see that we are moving in the right direction.

If going out of every cup at 1st time of asking, sitting 3rd bottom of the league and plummeting fast and have an assistant kicking off with loyal away fans is the RIGHT direction, then god help us
To an extent we are going in the right direction - every day is a day closer to the end of his contract.
SUSSEX DAGGER

If he finishes 22nd which according to the CE is all that is required then he still remains the cheapest option.

Last nights result has a lot of implecations
Lcbdagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:If he finishes 22nd which according to the CE is all that is required then he still remains the cheapest option.

No doubt, but you will struggle to find more than maybe two people on here who currently think even 22nd is likely on the whole calendar year's form
dagger4eva

If 'form' continued in this current vein, we would be down before old Santa has finished emptying his sacks!!
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:If he finishes 22nd which according to the CE is all that is required then he still remains the cheapest option.

That depends on how you calculate the cost of Burnett being in charge.
If its just the cost of his wage then yes he probably is a cheap option.
If you factor in the inflated staff he seems to have built up, the potential loss of revenue from fed up supporters etc then he probably isn't that cheap.

Being the cheapest option is a long, long way from being a good reason to keep hold of him.
SUSSEX DAGGER

I have backed him still will cos he is the Manager until the Board Act,just don't see how a new Manager will change anything.

Stood there last night my heart was breaking and then witnessed dreadfull scenes at the games conclusion.

This Club means a lot to a good deal of people and I know the Players are hurting but not half as much as the majority there last night.

With a new Manager we still have wide Players who are simply not good enough.
dagger4eva

Sussex, ok maybe our strongest area isnt in the wide positions but there are still a number of talented players throughout the squad. The management set up are just way off being equipped to steer them and organise them in the right direction.

Im afraid you cant polish a turd and right now my only view of the 3 stooges, Wayne, Darren & Warren are 3 big steaming heaps of shite
Lcbdagger

This is far from the poorestsquad we have ever had in league football so the idea we aren't good enough makes no sense to me... Just no bottle for a fight and no tactical awareness or cool heads when in trouble... On the choosing side too it seems after yesterday!!