Southport replay match thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Hardy1

Round 1 winner money was £18k
Round 2 winners money is £27k
Being on BBC Sunday show for round 2 was worth £12.5k

Two on paper, easy games and then round 3.

I would hope that any contracts lasting into next season have a relegation reduction built into them.

Have we paid the loan off for the TBS yet? I wonder what the cost for that is per month.

I feel sorry for Burnett, he has to go now though. Hackett is a complete waste of space full stop, utterly inept.

Maybe the Conference will do the club good again.
matt_drfc

Hardy1 wrote:Maybe the Conference will do the club good again.
I thought that
DI Mike Dashwood

Without sounding to downbeat, and I personally would still be going if we were in the Conference, it would be very very different from our previous spells for a number of reasons.

Firstly, the Conference has changed over the last 10 years, for 8 of which we have been in the FL. There are number of bigger,stronger, more professionally run clubs in the League now. For most of our two periods in there (and I am meaning as D and R here) we were considered one of the middle to bigger clubs in the Conf based on crowds, grounds, histroy etc. We wouldn't be next season. This would make it harder to be competitive.

Secondly, the thrill of the chase would not be as it was before. For a number of years (very early years post merger and then all years after winning Ryman) we had that genuine and real aim of getting into the FL. Most clubs were in same boat (us, Morecambe, Stevenage, Burton etc). The big thing for winning the Conference was going on to be part of the 92. It was the big dream and while everyone wanted it, it also united in a strange way the fans of many clubs chasing that same dream. This won't be the same if we go down. The thrill of the chase has gone for me being in the League to a certain extent, but the fight to stay in the League has taken over from this to an extent. Going down and then trying to do something we have already done will be demotivating for many on and off the pitch.

And finally, financially things are different now. To compete in the Conference is financially harder than it was (see point 1) but on top of this clubs going down find it hard to adjust in the short term. A number of clubs couldn't adjust and have gone through the Conference and beyond (Stockport, Chester although now back, Halifax although now back, Rushden, Scarborough). Be warned!!!
dagger4eva

I'm sorry but Stevoo's post (and I've re-read it a couple of times now just to make sure, is 1 of the saddest things i've ever read regarding state of our club.

It sums up completely the disconnect between supporters and management and management and team and also sums up the amateurish, clueless, short sighted fools we have ever had the 'pleasure' of 'managing' this small, fine club.

First & Foremost, if Mr Hackett isn't booted out IMMEDIATELY it will be a disgrace of huge proportions and following swiftly behind should be Wayne & Darren.

I'm at a loss to try to rationally consider how we can eer move on without a managerial change and I just hope to god's earth our board find some bollocks and weild the axe before it's too late (i.e. immediately)

What a sad state of affairs & I feel sorry for every single one of the 53 that made the huge effort yesterday evening!
Mike the Dagger

http://tgsphoto.photoshelter.com/galler ... ktcQJZ31CY

Oh dear!

Do I take it we aren't up for Community club of the year or whatever it was this time around?

I understand that Dave the Plumber has been on holiday and only came back yesterday. Hope he has a nice tan.

The AGM could be lively though.
ahsatan

OK, the players might not be the greatest, but they don't 'want' to play for this manager...if you get somebody in who hurts a bit of fire in their bellies, that might just be enough.

This management team has lost the dressing room...you can have a team of world beaters, but the minute that happens, you're doomed...We've all heard "too good to go down' about teams, who've gone down - because they don't want to play for the manager..
dagger4eva

Sad pictures indeed and actually, if anything it’s given me a reminder that everyone is only human at the end of the day.
It’s quite obvious to see from the photos that Wayne is suffering massively with this situation and struggling to cope with intensity of it all.

Whilst my mind isn’t swayed in the slightest that I want a change, I would never wish this on the man. He’s always been nothing but open, polite & friendly towards me in our few interactions.
He just happens to be way out of his depth in the terms of football league management.

Hackett on the other hand can go swivel. Human or not, his actions are unforgivable. And who the hell is he anyway. A jumped up no-body that was given a promotion from Daggers academy manager.
A couple of those photo’s were disgraceful, Hackett, Leon Whateverhisnameis ,Watson and a few others approaching the supporters like that mob handed.

Hackett should without question should be 1st out the door with a swift boot up his jacksie for good measure and precisely ZERO pay off.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Where are these pictures D4E
Dagger Steve

Link posted before, scroll through to see all the pictures

http://tgsphoto.photoshelter.com/galler ... ktcQJZ31CY
Hardy1

dagger4eva wrote:Sad pictures indeed and actually, if anything it’s given me a reminder that everyone is only human at the end of the day.
It’s quite obvious to see from the photos that Wayne is suffering massively with this situation and struggling to cope with intensity of it all.

Whilst my mind isn’t swayed in the slightest that I want a change, I would never wish this on the man. He’s always been nothing but open, polite & friendly towards me in our few interactions.
He just happens to be way out of his depth in the terms of football league management.

Hackett on the other hand can go swivel. Human or not, his actions are unforgivable. And who the hell is he anyway. A jumped up no-body that was given a promotion from Daggers academy manager.
A couple of those photo’s were disgraceful, Hackett, Leon Whateverhisnameis ,Watson and a few others approaching the supporters like that mob handed.

Hackett should without question should be 1st out the door with a swift boot up his jacksie for good measure and precisely ZERO pay off.
Agree 100%. Within the academy system he signed boys of a poor standard who were sons of his friends. That was just at the age group I know about so I would imagine that festered itself through all the age groups. How many players he has helped into the club because of friendships like that as well would be interesting to know. Hackett has been mates with Burnett for years and Burnett brought Hackett into the club so they should both go IMO as much as a nice bloke Wayne is.
TheLion

If the club have any sense they will suspend WarrenH from the ground for a couple of weeks, while they come to a view regarding his future.

This will avoid any scenes on Saturday, when whatever has happened up to now, the club need to show some degree of unity.

If he is in the dugout on Saturday, then we might as well all go home!

Another chance for the club to demonstrate that no one is too big to be shown the door, but I doubt if my wish re Saturday will come true.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Over egging a pudding are we not. Words were exchanged let's keep this in a bit if perspective.
They way I saw it Warren was only trying to get to the Person he was having an exchange of views with. That's a long way from threatening behaviour
steeevooo

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Over egging a pudding are we not. Words were exchanged let's keep this in a bit if perspective.
They way I saw it Warren was only trying to get to the Person he was having an exchange of views with. That's a long way from threatening behaviour
Had it just been words then I would be inclined somewhat to agree with you Chris (although the content and language of the words, the accusations he was throwing and the aggressive demeanour and approach he was adopting would still leave this contentious) but when he is having to be pulled away to prevent him from striking a fan (he had raised his fists when he was pulled away), then he has very much crossed the line.
Dagger Steve

steeevooo wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Over egging a pudding are we not. Words were exchanged let's keep this in a bit if perspective.
Had it just been words then I would be inclined somewhat to agree with you Chris (although the content and language of the words, the accusations he was throwing and the aggressive demeanour and approach he was adopting would still leave this contentious) but when he is having to be pulled away to prevent him from striking a fan (he had raised his fists when he was pulled away), then he has very much crossed the line.
Just to play devils advocate, what was being said to him to get him in such an enraged state? Was it all one way?
ARNU

You can clearly see Arnu Junior in pic 68.He was a bystander but probably closest to the incident out of anyone other than the people Hackett tried to attack.Prior to the incident the players and manager had a huddle without clapping the crowd who'd turned up.The huddle broke and WB came over to the crowd who were obviously giving him some stick.Wayne said "We're all annoyed and can see your frustration what do you want me to do"the crowd basically answered with things like "****** off" and "resign".Hackett came over and looked like he was going to smack someone and was restrained by Gary Watson and Darren Currie.I don't think the words that upset Hackett were about him(Hackett) he was standing up for Burnett and got involved quite un necessarily.Hackett argued for a bit then got very aggressive.

My opinion.....You'd stand by your mate if they were getting caned however Hacketts aggression was a disciplinary offence.Its in the job description for shit coaches after all.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !