Lose tomorrow and Burnett has to go surely?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
hockley dagger

Apparently Yussuf played for Chatham in a qualifying round and is cup tied
matt_drfc

hockley dagger wrote:Apparently Yussuf played for Chatham in a qualifying round and is cup tied
Yeah forgot about that, maybe Murphy then, we'll see...
redboy

matt_drfc wrote:I expect the team tomorrow to be something along the lines of:

Cousins
Batt, Partridge, Saah, Green
Porter, Ogogo, Bingham, Hemmings
Cureton, Yusuff
Porter and Hemmings in the same side, god help us !! Is it only me that thinks that these two added together doesn't make a sunday morning reserve player?
Dagger In The Heart

Surely beating Southport in an away replay really isn't good enough anyway.....Not like they either played out of their skin or their keeper made save after save after save as we battered the goal left, right and centre!

I still firmly believe WB should have gone long ago, wasn't at the match Saturday so can't comment on what went on on the pitch. If Hemmings worked at LB then fair enough, although for me won't be long before his attack minded brain leads him to go walkies......

My view is Saturday was more important than Southport, survival at this level is WAY more important, cause if we go down we ain't coming back quickly. To leave 2 of the best strikers in this division warming the bench is simply ridiculous. This alone shows his ineptitude and for me, the 'Saving them for Southport' argument simply don't wash.

I agree with those who have mentioned Doidge as well, last time I saw him (and don't think he's played since) was up Luton. He scored, looked the only player actually interested and did more in 10 minutes than the rest managed from the get go. Yet that's apparently not good enough to get a go in a miserably failing team.

After reading some of this thread though, almost before a new manager we need a board who have a few balls around the table. Yes 22nd is survival, but surely not a target.....! I'm still convinced the squad is more than capable of being closer to the top 4, rather than the bottom 4.
matt_drfc

redboy wrote:
matt_drfc wrote:I expect the team tomorrow to be something along the lines of:

Cousins
Batt, Partridge, Saah, Green
Porter, Ogogo, Bingham, Hemmings
Cureton, Yusuff
Porter and Hemmings in the same side, god help us !! Is it only me that thinks that these two added together doesn't make a sunday morning reserve player?
Who instead?
NickMurphy

I don't know an awful lot about Southport, and I didn't see the first game, but from hearing it on the radio it seems as though we would benefit from a physical presence up top, and on that basis I see no reason why we shouldn't start Doidge (if fit, and I haven't heard anything about him being injured). Doidge alongside Cureton has potential to work as a little and large partnership, even just as a one off. What we cannot do is play one forward up top as it just won't work.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We are certain to go Cureton and Murphy tomorrow.
Richie

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:We are certain to go Cureton and Murphy tomorrow.
And I for one am excited by that! I agree that I'd like to see more of Doidge though
matt_drfc

I'm all for giving Doidge a go, he definitely offers something different, but in the one game I've really seen him get some minutes was the ESC game and I thought he was poor, obviously not a great game to make a real decision on him, but those games are for players like him to prove his worth I guess.
Pondfield Dagger

Hugh hugh game tonight...winners home to 10th placed conference side, then possible away tie to a big boy.
how much would man utd away work out in ££££?

If wayne stuffs this up tonight he has got to go!!!
matt_drfc

Pondfield Dagger wrote:Hugh hugh game tonight...winners home to 10th placed conference side, then possible away tie to a big boy.
how much would man utd away work out in ££££?

If wayne stuffs this up tonight he has got to go!!!
Grant or Hefner? ;)
Masked Man

Unfortunately, the only way the majority will push their views on the Board would be if we all voted with our feet. THEN they would HAVE to do something...

But the gits sold us cheap season tickets so we can't even do that now!! :lol:

Makes me wonder if this wasn't expected by Dave The Plumber?!
Chigwellian

I still want to know how Steve Thompson got back into the club and why he left in the first place. ..hmm? ?
Richie

Chigwellian wrote:I still want to know how Steve Thompson got back into the club and why he left in the first place. ..hmm? ?
When did he leave?