Ched the nice footballer roll model....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
rechitski kinzhal

Arnu, you are just repeating the "myths" that have never even been claimed, let alone proven. Read the anti Evans stuff, then read the pro Evans stuff, and then you will have a better idea. From my point of view I am inclined to believe neither are 100% accurate. If after having read all sides you still wish to condemn the man, then fair enough. But for me there are big, big questions as to why the police saw fit to bring a charge of rape when there was no complaint of rape, no proof the girl was drunk, and all evidence of CCTV and witnesses showing that everything was consensual ...... (and no "phone a friend", and the room had previously been booked in Evans name, and no suggestion at all that the girl had passed out, and ...... the list goes on). Happy reading!
Probably the only thing we will all agree on is that all three people involved acted disgracefully.
Adrian

leewilson wrote: Bit rich coming from someone who can never comtemplate anybody's point of view but his own.
What a strangely irrelevant and incorrect point to make.
Lcbdagger

Has he suddenly not been convicted by a jury anymore? I'm confused now after this seeing this new thread about 'facts' and 'urban myths'?? Why blame the police for bringing a case against him if he was subsequently convicted?? That's susurelyhe entire point of our legal system...
ARNU

rechitski kinzhal wrote:Arnu, you are just repeating the "myths" that have never even been claimed, let alone proven. Read the anti Evans stuff, then read the pro Evans stuff, and then you will have a better idea. From my point of view I am inclined to believe neither are 100% accurate. If after having read all sides you still wish to condemn the man, then fair enough. But for me there are big, big questions as to why the police saw fit to bring a charge of rape when there was no complaint of rape, no proof the girl was drunk, and all evidence of CCTV and witnesses showing that everything was consensual ...... (and no "phone a friend", and the room had previously been booked in Evans name, and no suggestion at all that the girl had passed out, and ...... the list goes on). Happy reading!
Probably the only thing we will all agree on is that all three people involved acted disgracefully.
I do accept maybe I should do some more reading.I stand by the original premiss though that a convicted rapist should not be allowed to return to being a professional footballer.Do we agree on that at least ? I mean lets say Ched did it and he really is guilty,should he be playing professional football now ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Woodford Dagger

Adrian wrote:
leewilson wrote: Bit rich coming from someone who can never comtemplate anybody's point of view but his own.
Nah he's right.
ARNU

Adrian wrote:
I've never been an apologist for any of those things. I just point out the ridiculousness of your reaction to anyone ever doing anything wrong.
I don't think its a ridiculous reaction to be disgusted that a convicted rapist would be allowed to return to a position of such high reward and in one which is supposed to set example to young kids . You don't like the phrase role models but you are wrong if you don't believe footballers are held in that regard.(And you know it)

Whether he did it or not is quite a different matter.Right now he is a convicted rapist.
leewilson

Adrian wrote:
Considering you're going on at Arnu for never admitting he gets or says things wrong, it's rather ironic coming from you. You are the most stubborn person on here. I've never in 'x' amount of years of reading this forum seen you admit that something you initially said might have been wrong or reflected upon your argument later on and seen the other person's point of view. Most often, once somebody has proved you wrong, you ignore the rest of the thread. I'm sure I'll be met with a patronising reply as per usual but it's true.
ARNU

leewilson wrote:
Adrian wrote:
Considering you're going on at Arnu for never admitting he gets or says things wrong, it's rather ironic coming from you. You are the most stubborn person on here. I've never in 'x' amount of years of reading this forum seen you admit that something you initially said might have been wrong or reflected upon your argument later on and seen the other person's point of view. Most often, once somebody has proved you wrong, you ignore the rest of the thread. I'm sure I'll be met with a patronising reply as per usual but it's true.
I regularly admit to being wrong.Adrian has never been wrong. (or likeable or nice or friendly or been able to take a joke or debate without insult)
Ilford Dagger

ARNU wrote:
leewilson wrote:

I regularly admit to being wrong.Adrian has never been wrong. (or likeable or nice or friendly or been able to take a joke or debate without insult)
Well said those 2 men, about time this point was made.