Relegation

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Paul from Barking

Is our sejour into the promised land coming to an end? Will we return to our natural level come May or will be be able to defy the odds yet again and keep a place in professional football's 4th tier for another season after this?

Discuss.
matt_drfc

I KNOW we will stay up, might be close but I'm confident over 46 games we will be better than 2 other clubs.
The Romford Dagger

Current evidence. Relegation as can't hold on for 90 mins.

However, we are a manager and one or two solid defenders away from a side about 16th in table.

I reckon we will sack Wayne or he'll leave and we will sign one defender and finish about 19th. Wayne leaves in January...
Dagdale

I think it all comes down to this; for the past few season's there's been some bad teams floating their wears in League two and especially close to us more times than I can count and in general a worse state than us, one or two of them fall before us and we breath again, but think lately we're playing with real fire and eventually will come a cropper. When a side loses six times at home within 3 months (shouldn't account for that in the whole season!) and takes the lead in many matches gosh knows how many times now and comes out with nothing at the end, its becoming terribly appalling and frustrating for all concerned to say the least, especially looking on paper what players make our squad up and have in general pretty decent cv's especially on League 2 status. We unfortunately, for whatever reason lost a big slice of our team last year and some parts of our defense this term are costing us heaps, but we DO have it in us to get out of this mess, somehow somewhere we must find a new strategy and build up confidence again and more than anything we must keep supporting them full force!
mickeyblue

hines and murphy coming back into the team will have a big say in our season.

i think we will just stay up and not renew managers contract in summer.
but we finished 9th!
Diggerthedog

As it stands we are gonners, the whole team is far too lightweight for this league. You can't play fancy football in this division, you need giants and workers. The managers methods do not work in this league, he needs to change the style or the players just a touch or do the decent thing and walk away.

Polar opposites of managers we have had with Still and Burnett but both of them exactly the same in terms of refusing to change. Very set in their ways when refusing a Plan B when Plan A is not working.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We are not even on a point a game so it looks odds on to me at moment.

Next six games are the key with already a couple of six pointers amongst them, been in worse situations then this.However unless he reverts Abu to Right back or signs one along with a left back we are looking down the barrell. 50 points is the first target so 35 points needed from 90 that means we have passed the point when we have to win one in three, at the moment I just can't see it.

We don't even look a side that looks it could go on a winning run,nothing new there as it's now 5 seasons since we won three games in a row how many teams have a record as poor as that not many I bet and look at the crap we have seen in that time, probably a pointless stat but one none the less proves that even of we take a step forward a step back is not far away.
DI Mike Dashwood

We will stay up Paul (puts on tin hat).

I think there are other sides who will panic more and end up in a bigger mess than ourselves. I have not seen as many games this season as others (or as many as I would have liked) but what I have seen has not been totally terrible. For instance, I thought the second half at Wycombe was a very very good performance (interesting everyones friend Mr Batt played very well in that game, but everyone blaming him individually for the goal).

I think we will win Saturday, get something at Wimbledon and win at home to Carlisle. "Fool" I hear you all shouting, but I honestly think that will happen. 15th-19th come the end of season I reckon.
redboy

I think some of your hearts are ruling your heads. With the current manager, we'll go down. With someone who knows this league and may sacrifice the beautiful game for a style that gets results, we'll be fine. Last season's finish totally flattered us, lets not kid ourselves. We've come close to going down a few times, so maybe this year our luck will run out unless the board act.
Chigwellian

Do you think Steve Thompson will even accept WB resignation if he was ever man enough to do that?

I think not, so not only do we need to prey for a new manager, but we need a new MD

Out with the deadwood I say!!
Lcbdagger

Honestly think we will stay up (just) but mainly because the likes of Hartlepool are probably worse than we are...

my big worry with the manager is that even a third from bottom finish will be used as some kind of vindication that he was always in the right and fans should have got behind him, even though the squad we have, with a bit of real higher league class with people like Cureton, means we shouldn't be lower than 12-15th if we get our arses in gear!
Masked Man

I think 12th-15th should be a realistic expectation.

So whilst we're berating the management now, we are within our rights of expectation. Which for once are not unrealistic! :cry:
Mike the Dagger

Masked Man wrote:we are within our rights of expectation. Which for once are not unrealistic! :cry:
Yes I think we have every right to expect better than 17 (seventeen) League Two points out of the last 66 (sixty six) available at home.

On our own ground we are total relegation fodder.
Auntie Merge

Honestly, I would like to see changes before the Carlisle game. If we lose to Carlisle I fear it might already be too late for us. A new manager needs to come in and show Championship form for us to survive and the chances of that happening are remote.

Our home form is costing us dearly, not just in potential relegation but in the drop in attendances. Once people find somewhere else to go on match days it is much harder to bring them back.