Dave the plumber.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

Thommo is totally out of order for saying what he did regardless of what took place before hand. He has to realise people pay good hard cash to be served up this pile of crap. 11 defeats in 13 homes game has to be the worst home form of any professional team to exist.

The board need to address Thommo's actions and act accordingly. Judging by the southport thread the boycott is going ahead and people won't bother with the game.
Adrian

ARNU wrote: Part of the Chairmans brief along with his board Adrian is to hire and fire the manager.What bit don't I understand ? (Having held the position of chairman in a company with a turnover Id guess pretty small but bigger than D&R it would be interesting to see where I might be going wrong).
The first thing your doing wrong is making an assumption about the brief of the chairman.
The roles of chairman vary a lot between different businesses and organisations.

Given that you've essentially called for him to make money appear of nowhere in the past, you clearly lack a a proper understanding of the role of chairman at this club.

As someone else has pointed out, it's the role of the CEO or MD to hire staff, not the chairman.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Diggerthedog wrote:Thommo is totally out of order for saying what he did regardless of what took place before hand. He has to realise people pay good hard cash to be served up this pile of crap. 11 defeats in 13 homes game has to be the worst home form of any professional team to exist.

The board need to address Thommo's actions and act accordingly. Judging by the southport thread the boycott is going ahead and people won't bother with the game.
we'll I don't know what exactly went down but it sounds totally unsavoury DTD.

Supporters are not helping by venting their anger in such places but the whole thing is starting to break my heart and that is not underestimating things.

Seeing People who I have the utmost respect for behaving in such a manner makes me wonder if it is worthwhile.
Lcbdagger

What on earth is all this Thommo issue about? Something said after the game yesterday??
The Romford Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote:What on earth is all this Thommo issue about? Something said after the game yesterday??
I was just about to ask the very same thing
matt_drfc

Lcbdagger wrote:What on earth is all this Thommo issue about? Something said after the game yesterday??
D4E will post it at some point
dagger4eva

Its nothing major in fairness but it sums up the nature of the 'man'.

A number of us were in the upstairs bar after the game, we'd all had a good drink and various songs were being sung. One of them about wanting Wayne out was sung by all (about 15 al told) which prompted Steve to approach our table. We continued when he decided to point to me and tell me what he thought of me. I very much told him the feeling was mutual and he slowly skulked off downstairs.

I'm big and ugly enough to take it from anyone so I wasn't offended - I just more thought it was off that he felt he had to single me out of the whole group.

As I say, it sums up the nature of a man that has the people skills of a frozen pea.

As far as I'm concerned it's case closed but let me make it clear now, from what I have been told, there is a LOT of unrest from actually within the club at our current position. However, as always, Steve and his little boys club will say what goes and wont be dictated to by ANYONE.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We'll there is a fan who appears to have taken the matter a lot more to heart them you mate.

All in all in the words of private Frazer we are all doomed.

It's hardly good PR tho is it
Auntie Merge

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: All in all in the words of private Frazer we are all doomed.
I've still got the sheet painted LIFC RIP, if needed the LI could easily be changed to D & R. ;)

Actually I find the language and behaviour used by Steve Thompson in this incident appalling. No matter how high feelings were running, it was uncalled for. And I'd like to refer to a situation at Leytonstone Ilford, when we unveiled the sheet mentioned above, and put a wreath on the pitch before our last league game at Granleigh Road.
We went into The Cedars (the clubhouse, just had to type the name, brings back so many memories of Saturday nights) after the game and sat drinking with the wreath on the table. After all my friends had left and I was sitting on my own with the wreath in front of me, Dave Andrews, chairman of the club came over and told me that the the wreath was upsetting people. "The club hasn't died, no one has died, now get that thing out of here". I think I swore at him and didn't leave until some time later, but his behaviour on a day of very heightened emotion was the kind you'd expect from someone at the top of the club, reasonably polite and straightforward with NO BAD LANGUAGE OR PERSONAL INSULTS.

Andrews IN!!! :)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (32.21 KiB) Viewed 7632 times
ARNU

For what its worth...I cant say I was very happy or at all impressed with some peoples behaviour and insulting language on the way out of yesterdays game.This stupid git in front of me(I sat in the carling yesterday,too lazy to stand)clearly with half his brain removed over stepped the mark by quite some way as did a few others making their exit.Yes they have a point about the poor performance yet again but its just a game aint it. Don't go if it upsets you that much,as is your prerogative.What else do you spend £7.50 on that upsets you that much ?? A boo and a "what a load of rubbish" type chant would have been enough to get the point across.I wasn't there for the Thommo incident but Id imagine some rather loutish behaviour in his place of work had just occurred.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
The Romford Dagger

I did some work experience at the club on couple occasions and I'd never heard Thommo swear at someone even when raging. Maybe the stuff on the pitch or this Wayne business is getting the better of him.