Shrewsbury

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
AVincelotFlyingLeap

bearaab wrote:Last time I saw Shrewsbury we lost 2-1 and missed out on the play offs. Never liked them after that...
Grant Holt scored 2 that day, the peak of his career I'm sure we'll agree
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Oh, for ******'s sake
ahsatan

Any one still think we don't need a new manager ! He's ******** useless
HXDagger

Oh dear God, I don't know what it's like watching the games but on BBC updates here it's hell.
Lcbdagger

Disgusting stuff! When your best attacking player was a waiter one month ago you start to worry
Mikins

I'd love to know - genuinely love to know how Porter started and finished that game.

Partridge for Bouchard? Nonsensical
Chambers second Cureton? Even stupider.

Felt shit for Yusseff though. Hope that isn't anything serious.

To lose to that team in that manner, you can't blame the ref again we were awful second half for the 6th time this season we came on secobd dropped deep and gave up. If I didn't have an ST I wouldn't be back after today.
Last edited by Mikins on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry about your damn luck!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Shamefull . No heart no desire no passion and utter clueless totally over ran by ten men and only our Goalkeeper saved us from total humiliation.

Words fail me,if they ever tax brains we are in for one hell of a rebate.
leewilson

This is going to be a messy thread. Awful game management. You can't sit back when you're 1 nil up with a man advantage, especially with the way we keep defending when we do drop deep. Wayne should have been screaming at them to push on up the pitch. Not good enough.
oddsi

Lets wait for Wayne to roll out the individual error retoric.....
Diggerthedog

oddsi wrote:Lets wait for Wayne to roll out the individual error retoric.....
His quote to the post is laughable, the sending off he saw as a negative? He has lost the plot.
Dagger83

Porter, Labadie, Boucard, and Partridge may as well have not been there today. The game just seemed to pass them by. I do believe our problems come from midfield as up top and at the back we did okay I thought.

Shrewsbury deserved the points today. They were much the better team in the second half and looked like they had the extra man.
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Adrian

It was just so horribly predictable.

The first half was a entertaining a game as I've seen at our place for a while - two teams going for it and playing fairly well.

The second half managed to be worse than against Exeter. To see their player sent off so early and then end up being so deep is ridiculous. The substitutions were terrible and made it worse.
Assuming Boucaud had a knock and needed to go off, why not stick Bingham in the middle and bring on one of the 3 wide players we had available? The obvious problem with that was Bingham having been booked, but he couldn't do much defensively out wide either with that either.

Chambers for Cureton is just ridiculous.

There were a few moaning about the referee but he got all of the big calls right, and the two biggest went our way - our goal and the sending off. Their goalkeeper was never a sending off.

The sad thing is that throwing it away for so predictable - it was coming within a minute of their player going off.
leewilson

The problem with dropping deep is the massive void it leaves in midfield. The gap between the back 4 and the strikers playing on the shoulder is too big for 2-3 midfielders to cover. We manage to get more overrun by ten men than we did when they had 11 because of it. One of the worst pieces of management I've seen as a Daggers fan to be honest. You just don't drop deep in that situation. Any amateur knows that.

I actually thought Chambers for Cureton was a good change, but when it was 1-0 rather than 1-1. Cureton wasn't having a good game and was looking tired. However, when it goes to 1-1 and we need another, you surely should leave him on and put Chambers a bit deeper to get about in the midfield.

There was nothing wrong with the ref today. He got the 3 big decisions right which were the handball, the sending off and their penalty. Anyone who blames the ref has the wrong perspective as to what actually happened out there in the second half.
Lcbdagger

Ref got big calls right but unsure why he only booked Billy after he had been pushed by the right back, who subsequently got just a talking to... Or why he brought back pay for an injury in the first half with Shrewsbury almost through on goal???

Just seen the manager quotes... He was unhappy to see their man sent off as it affected the way we played??? The man has lost the plot
Mark

Cureton was having a mare but I can't imagine any situation where you would want to put Chambers on the pitch.