Tamworth or Southport

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Simmo

http://www.southportfc.net/news/details ... s_id=10993

Still goalless but Southport have had Clayton MacDonald sent off after 20 minutes for a two-footed tackle.
Play is bypassing the midfield, it's a very direct style of football Southport are having to resort to so far
Simmo

Half time - still 0-0
matt_drfc

Southport 1-0 56 mins
matt_drfc

1-1 70 mins
Simmo

Crowd of 590 with 30 travelling Tamworth supporters.

Beats the 13 of us for that FA Trophy replay around ten years ago.
matt_drfc

Gone to extra time
dagger4eva

So a 'bumper' crowd in store whoever we get then???? Hahahaha
dagger4eva

Thought of Southport takes my memory back to a game against them an eternity ago.

We had two players sent off, l think before half time, dont recall who. Was one Stein?? Anyway it was probably one of the most hideous officiating displays l EVER have witnessed at a live match and l genuinely feared a riot was going to start.

It was back in the days fans swapped ends at half time. And on swapping during this game it all got very heated and nasty.

Think we put in a commendable display but ended up losing 3-0 or 3-1... anyone help fill in the gaps???
Dagdale

Its Port , Southport won it on penalties and now come down to our manor, good job it wasn't us up there, they're saying Tamworth fans will be getting home at 1 am!
matt_drfc

At least McDonald will be suspended, won't have to deal with that 6'6 lump
Dr Monkatron

dagger4eva wrote:Thought of Southport takes my memory back to a game against them an eternity ago.

We had two players sent off, l think before half time, dont recall who. Was one Stein?? Anyway it was probably one of the most hideous officiating displays l EVER have witnessed at a live match and l genuinely feared a riot was going to start.

It was back in the days fans swapped ends at half time. And on swapping during this game it all got very heated and nasty.

Think we put in a commendable display but ended up losing 3-0 or 3-1... anyone help fill in the gaps???
I believe that Steve Potts was the other player sent off that game. Can't remember the score though.
dagger4eva

Aw yes it was indeed!!

Trying to think back to who the absolute toss of a ref was ... pretty sure he was a highish profile named ref, bald bonce, absolute c u next tuesday!!!
matt_drfc

dagger4eva wrote:Aw yes it was indeed!!

Trying to think back to who the absolute toss of a ref was ... pretty sure he was a highish profile named ref, bald bonce, absolute c u next tuesday!!!
Why not Thursday?
IanC

with the happy hammers at home on fa cup 1st round day and for a change,absoleutly flying.I dont see much point of us having the southport game on a saturday,we`re never gonna get too many in for this one anyway,but maybe have it on the sunday possibly 2-00 k.o.Also with that in mind maybe price the game around the £10-£12 mark,can only think theyll bring 200 tops if that,might just get 1100 possibly more.Thoughts anyone.
The Romford Dagger

IanC wrote:with the happy hammers at home on fa cup 1st round day and for a change,absoleutly flying.I dont see much point of us having the southport game on a saturday,we`re never gonna get too many in for this one anyway,but maybe have it on the sunday possibly 2-00 k.o.Also with that in mind maybe price the game around the £10-£12 mark,can only think theyll bring 200 tops if that,might just get 1100 possibly more.Thoughts anyone.
In that case, moving it to under the lights on the Friday would be the better option. Not on a Sunday. Only super sunday games should ever be on a Sundays.

Moving it any way at all would suit me mind, gotta miss it if on the Saturday.