Tamworth or Southport

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

How long will it take for a shrewed tv producer to smell an upset, then again don't think they will be interested in a game being played in a Stadium only 15% full . If this had been away then I think the Tv Company would be all over it.

Imagine we will do what we did with Bath and close the TBS for the game. The priceing has to meet with their approval so its not just our call.
Diggerthedog

Make this £10 each for home fans in the TBS and stick southport in the family stand. Makes total sense plus bar takings.
Mike the Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Aw yes it was indeed!!

Trying to think back to who the absolute toss of a ref was ... pretty sure he was a highish profile named ref, bald bonce, absolute c u next tuesday!!!
http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8278267

Martin Yerby
dagger4eva

Cheers for that Mike!!

Had forgotton about the coin incident - it caused the club to banish the drum and trumpet out of the sieve, something I was furious with at the time.

Common sense eventually prevailed ... thankfully :D
Auntie Merge

Mike the Dagger wrote:
dagger4eva wrote:Aw yes it was indeed!!

Trying to think back to who the absolute toss of a ref was ... pretty sure he was a highish profile named ref, bald bonce, absolute c u next tuesday!!!
http://www.fansfocus.net/dagenhamandred ... id=8278267

Martin Yerby
I have tears in my eyes reading that, such great names of Daggers teams past, all who were proud to wear the shirt

It took me a moment to register the position in the ground of the last photo... The Sauna/away end behind the players. It's funny how you forget how much the ground has changed. We've come a long way since boot boy hill.

Think that game was the last non-segregated game. Such a shame as there had never been any trouble before.

I'm looking forward to playing southport. I don't think it will be an easy game but i hope for a positive result. Also looking to renew my acquaintance with their mascot Sandy the Lion.
Chigwellian

Arrrh..... Richard Brodie now plays for Southport.... He is the bruiser that used to play for York
Ilford Dagger

dagger4eva wrote:Thought of Southport takes my memory back to a game against them an eternity ago.

We had two players sent off, l think before half time, dont recall who. Was one Stein?? Anyway it was probably one of the most hideous officiating displays l EVER have witnessed at a live match and l genuinely feared a riot was going to start.

It was back in the days fans swapped ends at half time. And on swapping during this game it all got very heated and nasty.

Think we put in a commendable display but ended up losing 3-0 or 3-1... anyone help fill in the gaps???
One was Steve Potts ex West Ham a victim of a really terrible decision, Southport were really dirty that day but we got nothing (apart from grief) from the Ref, I seldom applaud any of our players when they get sent off but I did on this occasion as it was a total farce.
Diggerthedog

TBS for this one for me, down some beers when it gets ugly.
leewilson

We played Southport on my 18th on the year that we went up from the Conference. 0-0. The evening was better.
Richie

leewilson wrote:We played Southport on my 18th on the year that we went up from the Conference. 0-0. The evening was better.
We played Sven's Notts County on my 18th, lost 3-0. The evening was better