ESC

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

He might not be getting a look in during the league games... but my goodness Bradley Goldberg knows where the goal is when he gets a game... lovely finish for our second tonight after an earlier Murphy penalty. Opposition aside, this is a lovely goal from the little man
The Romford Dagger

I would say that he was our best player tonight...

Doidge wasn't too bad either.

Everyone else was quite poor I thought. O'Brian had yet another shocker for us
matt_drfc

We were poor, but didn't expect much tbh, Barkingside gave it 100%, we were maybe 60% at max. Passing was so slow and there was no pace to the game at all, we made them look good, but we wore them out and quality came good in the end.

Goldberg was alright, took his goal very well. Doidge had a really bad game I thought, can't remember him winning 1 header, only the header at goal at the end. Murphy gave it everything he could, just wasn't quite sharp enough and if we had subs left should have came off around 70 minutes, a few more of those games and some sub appearances he'll be back to normal. Hemmings looked good on the ball but didn't get it enough. One thing, Abu should NEVER play CB again! O'Brien isn't getting his spot in the first team back anytime soon and the 2 youth players didn't really look comfortable, could do with a loan out.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Saw nothing that made me think that any of the first teamers playing last night look Certs to walk straight back in the team other them a out of posistion Abu. Good goal by Goldberg but other then that he did what he always does ran around a lot .

Remains to be seen if we can get into a posistion to give him a run in the team towards the seasons end ,can't see him getting anywhere near a start as their is plenty ahead of him when a fit again Murphy is added to the numbers. Let's face it the top of the pitch is not a problem.

The Goalkeeper remains a Clown god help us if anything goes wrong with Cousins.

Thought Murphy started brightly but took time to find his touch. Was not ideal that he could not be taken off.

All in all Class won over endeavour.

Best wishes to Ian Gayle who was helped off with what looked a nasty injury .
Lcbdagger

Certainly wouldn't suggest Goldberg is the new messiah, but suprised he hasn't managed to get a wide position in our 433 as Hemmings and Porter (not so much Chambers) have flattered to deceive on a number of occasions thus far. He seems more comfortable cutting in from wide and curling a ball in towards goal than he does running at a dfeender through the middle, like a lower league Arjen Robben.

Would certainly liked to have seen him given 3 or 4 games at league Two level just to see if he really would sink or swin... ESC and 5 minutes every 5 league games will get his development nowhere... the first ten minutes I saw of Yussuf didn't give me the impression he would go on to tear Accrington to pieces.
The Romford Dagger

Lcbdagger wrote:Certainly wouldn't suggest Goldberg is the new messiah, but suprised he hasn't managed to get a wide position in our 433 as Hemmings and Porter (not so much Chambers) have flattered to deceive on a number of occasions thus far. He seems more comfortable cutting in from wide and curling a ball in towards goal than he does running at a dfeender through the middle, like a lower league Arjen Robben.

Would certainly liked to have seen him given 3 or 4 games at league Two level just to see if he really would sink or swin... ESC and 5 minutes every 5 league games will get his development nowhere... the first ten minutes I saw of Yussuf didn't give me the impression he would go on to tear Accrington to pieces.
Totally agree about Goldberg! Did I miss something but why wasn't Wayne there? Or did I miss him?
Simmo

The Romford Dagger wrote: Totally agree about Goldberg! Did I miss something but why wasn't Wayne there? Or did I miss him?
He sat in the TBS stand all game along with the doctor and John Gowens.
bloke down the pub

Found our level at last.
The Romford Dagger

Simmo wrote:
The Romford Dagger wrote: Totally agree about Goldberg! Did I miss something but why wasn't Wayne there? Or did I miss him?
Why?
SUSSEX DAGGER

Greta Garbo he wants to be alone.

Do seem to have a good record when he is not in the dug out so we may hit on a winning formula.
matt_drfc

The Romford Dagger wrote:
Simmo wrote:
Why?
Don't think I've ever seen him take a ESC game, no need, let Currie do it.
The Romford Dagger

Oh right.
matt_drfc

Guess it also gives him a better opportunity to see the players in action without having to have a real input
Richie

Stilly never managed ESC matches either from what I recall