Rhys Murphy

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Thought that was a cracking little article..
Pie & Mash

Decent article

Rhys Murphy wrote:hope I can do well enough to start pushing up the Football League when the time is right."
:(
ARNU

I wont be too surprised if we get bids for him in the Jan window.Is he as good as Gayle ? I think he's Probably better.Statistically he has surpassed Gayle as a Daggers player who scored 7 in 18 games or 0.38 goals per game.Murphy has 8 goals in 15 starts or 0.53 goals per game.He aint a lot older and could possibly net daggers a few quid in any transfer deal.Lets hope he sees out the season at least.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Chigwellian

I would hope the club has learnt it's lesson, and although we wouldn't stop a player moving on.... Let's hope we hold out till the end of the season.... If a club really wants him, then they would wait...
leewilson

ARNU wrote:I wont be too surprised if we get bids for him in the Jan window.Is he as good as Gayle ? I think he's Probably better.Statistically he has surpassed Gayle as a Daggers player who scored 7 in 18 games or 0.38 goals per game.Murphy has 8 goals in 15 starts or 0.53 goals per game.He aint a lot older and could possibly net daggers a few quid in any transfer deal.Lets hope he sees out the season at least.
I don't think he's better than Gayle. Gayle didn't show anywhere near his best form for us. He flourished at Peterborough. I don't think Murphy is quite up there yet although he's definitely very very good at this level. I think Murphy could do a job for a high league 1 team currently. Not convinced he's quite Championship standard yet although in time I think he can be.
Tranced

Let him work his way up the Football League... by helping us get promotion and staying with us.
Lcbdagger

No reason if he keeps playing like he is that can't sneak us a play off place this season... we know what happened last time we squeezed in there

Good to see Aberdeen didn't see enough in him... Calvin Zola went over there instead in the end... he could have scored a hat full in the Scottish Premier
rebeldagger

Some weren't so happy when he first put pen to paper for us...
Vindelot (sic) wrote:
Playing for us is a step up in class though & the fact he was playing for a no mark semi-pro team in Holland betrays a lack of options.

For him & us.
Mark

Gayle was a better footballer than Murphy but maybe Rhys is a better goalscorer.

Gayle had loads of ability but we didn't make the most of it with him out wide a lot. No surprise our best performance was when he played down the middle and we spanked Rotherham.
ARNU

Statistically Murphy is the better daggers goal scorer.I always thought Gayle could go missing in games and yes he was playing in a hoofball side.Be interesting to see if he was better under Wayne Burnetts style.Gayle aint really cutting it in the prem right now,although Palace are shit.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

Any striker would struggle in that side. Chamakh has had 2 shots on target this season.
Kevin

bearaab wrote:Any striker would struggle in that side. Chamakh has had 2 shots on target this season.
Any team would struggle with Chamakh in their side...he is somewhat toilet.
bearaab

He was very good at Bordeaux, good enough for Arsenal to sign him. He's just not very good here. But to be the main striker and have a stat like that can't be solely his fault. Torres at his worst was at least still getting chances because he had a better team around him.
Mikins

On a Rhys related note I just stuck a tenner on him to be top scorer this season, hes now at a very reasonable 12/1.

Mind you i also stuck a couple of quid on us to win the league at 100/1 ^_^
Sorry about your damn luck!